Windows 10: Windows Update says upgrade is ready, nothing in app, should I proceed

Discus and support Windows Update says upgrade is ready, nothing in app, should I proceed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So when I got my laptop I had to get the windows 10 app the hard way. Now, Windows Update says that the upgrade is ready but there is no notification... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mellob, Sep 2, 2015.

1. mellob Win User

Windows Update says upgrade is ready, nothing in app, should I proceed

So when I got my laptop I had to get the windows 10 app the hard way. Now, Windows Update says that the upgrade is ready but there is no notification in the app. Wondering if it is okay to proceed? Should I expect issues because of this? I am some what computer literate but not enough to fix deep program issues if something goes wrong. Thanks in advance.
    B

:)

mellob, Sep 2, 2015

2. Confused about Windows 10 Upgrade status

Hello All,

I'm a bit confused.

Windows update shows that Win 10 is ready to download.

However the windows upgrade adviser in my task bar asks to notify me when it is ready and states that upgrading now is not recommended, that my PC is "almost ready for win 10". The "check your pc" tab says I am good to go.

Being the cautious sort I am hesitant to "pull the trigger" on the upgrade with this conflicting info.

Should I wait or should I proceed?

AnthonyBagnara, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Wating status for Windows 10 updation

Open upgrade app and check the status, if it is ready, then you should wait, when your upgrade is ready you will see a notification to begin upgrade.

Meanwhile, run Windows Update and install all updates.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Sep 2, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Hi mellob and welcome to the forum *Smile

Just make sure that BEFORE you upgrade you create an image of you current system on seperate hard drive. Or at the absolute minimum backup all your important files, settings, documents, videos, photos, music etc etc on a seperate disk. That way if it all goes wrong you will not lose anything.

Go ahead and try the upgrade. If it does does not function correctly then you can do a manual upgrade with the knowledge that all your important stuff is backed up and safe *Wink

WhyMe, Sep 2, 2015
  5. Don't feel bad -- LOTS of folks doing the Upgrade are exactly in the same position.

But ... what you need to have is a restorable backup of your current system, such that, if anything goes wrong, you can restore your current WORKING system in only a few minutes. File backups, settings backups, driver backups -- are good to have but will not restore a working system.

Macrium Reflect (MR) provides a FREE version that can be used to image and restore partitions or entire drives.
    What I recommend is the following:
    1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
    2) Run MR and choose the option: "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows" to write a full backup to an external drive
    3) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD

NOW, you have the means to restore a full working system from the external drive in only a few minutes.

Mark Phelps, Sep 3, 2015
  6. DustSailor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update says upgrade is ready, nothing in app, should I proceed - Similar Threads - Update says upgrade

2. I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed: I would like to upgrade my Dell Laptop - Inspiron 17 5000 series - from Windows 7 to 10, how can this be accomplished? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-what/4a53ce64-8522-40ce-8909-9992b841de07
  3. I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed: I would like to upgrade my Dell Laptop - Inspiron 17 5000 series - from Windows 7 to 10, how can this be accomplished? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-what/4a53ce64-8522-40ce-8909-9992b841de07
  4. App says it is incompatible when it should be

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App says it is incompatible when it should be: Today I downloaded Halo Infinite off of steam and when I went to launch it it kept on saying "Halo Infinite has stopped working" so I went into the game files and troubleshooted the compatibility of the game and it stated " Incompatible operating system version. Please update...
  5. App says it is incompatible when it should be

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App says it is incompatible when it should be: Today I downloaded Halo Infinite off of steam and when I went to launch it it kept on saying "Halo Infinite has stopped working" so I went into the game files and troubleshooted the compatibility of the game and it stated " Incompatible operating system version. Please update...
  6. The windows health check app says my PC is ready to upgrade to Windows 11, Yet the settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The windows health check app says my PC is ready to upgrade to Windows 11, Yet the settings...: Since I enabled TPM and double checked it say 2.0 i was ready to install Windows 11, and the health check cvonfirmed that, yet the settings menu says its not??...
  7. The windows health check app says my PC is ready to upgrade to Windows 11, Yet the settings...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The windows health check app says my PC is ready to upgrade to Windows 11, Yet the settings...: Since I enabled TPM and double checked it say 2.0 i was ready to install Windows 11, and the health check cvonfirmed that, yet the settings menu says its not??...
  8. 'We’re updating OneNote / Calculator / OneDrive or any winodow App. It should be ready to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'We’re updating OneNote / Calculator / OneDrive or any winodow App. It should be ready to...: I am constantly getting 'We’re updating OneNote or any winodow App. It should be ready to use again shortly. I have tried checking Window Updates but starting to get really annoying!...
  9. Computer hung on "Getting Windows Ready". No update should be there.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer hung on "Getting Windows Ready". No update should be there.: I finished updating my Lenovo Thinkpad W510 with the 2nd Tuesday updates and doing some other updates to it. I clicked on the shutdown, and all of a sudden I get the "Getting Windows ready .. Don't turn off your computer" message. Since I just completed the Cumulative Update...
  10. Should I Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should I Upgrade?: So, the question is, should I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10? I'm asking this as my CPU is only 2.1 GHz and wondering if it would run normally or even better in cases than W7. All comments appreciated! [img] The question now is, Can i upgrade my windows 10 32...