Windows 10: Windows update says "Waiting to Download"

Discus and support Windows update says "Waiting to Download" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time when Windows Update finds updates, it keeps saying "Waiting to Download" and nothing happens.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SampXK, Oct 3, 2018.

1. SampXK Win User

Windows update says "Waiting to Download"

Every time when Windows Update finds updates, it keeps saying "Waiting to Download" and nothing happens.

:)

SampXK, Oct 3, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 3, 2018
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Windows update says "Waiting to Download"

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows update says "Waiting to Download"

1. Windows update says "Waiting to Download" - Similar Threads - update says Waiting

2. windows update: what updates are waiting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update: what updates are waiting?: 11 23H2scenario: I have updates paused until 4 weeks from now. I click on resume updates.I have no idea what is waiting.-- ThinkPad P15s-Gen1-20T4-002KUS, i7-10510U, UEFI/GPT, 16GB, Sammy 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2.- others --laserjets: HP M254dw color, HP P1606dn. Epson...
  3. It says waiting for wifi while im trying to download a movie

It says waiting for wifi while im trying to download a movie: i am trying to download a movie and it says waiting for wifi i come back 10 mins later and still says that while im connected to ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-waiting-for-wifi-while-im-trying-to/ba7004ae-cadf-4754-8daa-97d36f4e2572
  4. It says waiting for wifi while im trying to download a movie

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says waiting for wifi while im trying to download a movie: i am trying to download a movie and it says waiting for wifi i come back 10 mins later and still says that while im connected to ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-waiting-for-wifi-while-im-trying-to/ba7004ae-cadf-4754-8daa-97d36f4e2572
  5. Waiting for download Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Waiting for download Windows 11: Hi,I had purchased Laptop with Windows 10 on 15th January 2021.Its a Dell Inspiron 3593.Service Tag: DQGSR53 and Express Service Code: 29898506343.Thing is I am waiting for Windows 11. When can I wait?I went to Update & Security>Windows Update:This is what I found:Please help...
  6. Waiting for download Windows 11

Waiting for download Windows 11: Hi,I had purchased Laptop with Windows 10 on 15th January 2021.Its a Dell Inspiron 3593.Service Tag: DQGSR53 and Express Service Code: 29898506343.Thing is I am waiting for Windows 11. When can I wait?I went to Update & Security>Windows Update:This is what I found:Please help...
  7. Wait, did you say are, or aren't?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wait, did you say are, or aren't?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/soulstudios [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijn9ex/wait_did_you_say_are_or_arent/
  8. Windows update waiting for download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update waiting for download: Hello Windows updates won't download (stuck at waiting for download) Windows store is in the same state, can't update any app. What I already tried : sfc and dism did not find any error windows update troubleshooter detect updates are waiting but does not fix it. my...
  9. Windows update says "Waiting for download?" KB3081444

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update says "Waiting for download?" KB3081444: Hello, I'm having an all day issue so far and it's kind of getting frustrating. I like to stay up to date on my Windows updates and check for them almost daily and noticed I had a couple updates today. When I started up my computer today, it said that it was in progress for 2...
  10. I'm Stuck on Waiting to download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm Stuck on Waiting to download: Hello everyone. Like the title says, it's been an awful long time waiting to download. My rig is ready for WIN 10, and checks out with the compatibility tool. Is anyone else experiencing this? Or is something amiss? 53718

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update waiting to download

2. windows updatee says waiting for update

3. windows update waiting for download stuck

4. windows update laptop says waiting to download,
  5. windows 10 update waiting for download,
  6. windows update waiting for download,
  7. Windows phone waiting for download error,
  8. windows update waiting,
  9. update waitn to download,
  10. windows update stuck on awaiting download