Windows 10: Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates

Discus and support Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am on Windows 10 Pro and to frequently get the latest security update definitions I have scheduled a task to check for signature updates every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mandango, Aug 15, 2022.

1. mandango Win User

Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates

I am on Windows 10 Pro and to frequently get the latest security update definitions I have scheduled a task to check for signature updates every hour."C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe"-signatureUpdateNow I am faced with notifications from Windows Update the I am not up to date.Checking for updates does not show any updates though and the update history also shows that I do have the latest signature updates.I already tried to restart the update manager like shown in other posts with the commands listed below, but without success.It seems that the Windows Update does not properly c

:)

mandango, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Naki Win User

Minor suggestion for Check for updates

No, I know that. Exactly where I suggest this to be changed, please note.
    Sorry for not being clear.

The Check for updates small window currently does not show what I ask to be added - program version. Please consider adding this. Many other programs have this, so I suggest for GPU-Z to have it too.

3. Vista x64 won't download updates?

The last updates on my home desktop are dated 16th June.
    I've powered it on some 3 or 4 times since then, but nothing was downloaded automatically as per settings.

I tried the manual update from the CP but I get an error code 80070002.

I did the troubleshooting suggested (i.e. stop the Windows Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and then try to check for Windows updates again) but I still keep getting the same error code, even after rebooting *Confused Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates :confused:

What gives?

Black Panther, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Melvis Win User

Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates

Windows update cannot currently check for updates.

Nice little program but sadly didnt fix the issue, this laptop is really saying NO lol.

Melvis, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates - Similar Threads - Update says You're

2. Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates: I am on Windows 10 Pro and to frequently get the latest security update definitions I have scheduled a task to check for signature updates every hour."C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe"-signatureUpdateNow I am faced with notifications from Windows Update the I am...
  3. Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update says "You're not up to date" but Check for updates doesn't show any updates: I am on Windows 10 Pro and to frequently get the latest security update definitions I have scheduled a task to check for signature updates every hour."C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe"-signatureUpdateNow I am faced with notifications from Windows Update the I am...
  4. "You're not up to date" but no update button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You're not up to date" but no update button: What's up with this? Windows has been telling me I'm missing "important" stuff for a while but no matter how many times I check for updates I can't get the option to install anything. With the striking yellow text and the big red exclamation mark you'd think these are pretty...
  5. "You're not up to date" but no update button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You're not up to date" but no update button: What's up with this? Windows has been telling me I'm missing "important" stuff for a while but no matter how many times I check for updates I can't get the option to install anything. With the striking yellow text and the big red exclamation mark you'd think these are pretty...
  6. "You're not up to date" but no update button

7. Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens....

Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens....: I am in windows 10 pro, version 1909.This type of error came when i check for update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-youre-not-up-to-date-when-i/bb327f37-e87a-47cd-9fd9-3bfd3d946edc
  8. Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens.

Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens.: This happens when I check for update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-youre-not-up-to-date-when-i/3e68c2a7-be4d-457a-8fd2-700d0b03c6e6
  9. Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens....

Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens....: Here's a screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-youre-not-up-to-date-when-i/979f6901-fdae-49f2-9ba2-cef012fc137b
  10. Windows not updating "You're not up to date"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not updating "You're not up to date": I've recently installed Windows 10 on a Thinkpad Lenovo, but I'm having trouble updating. Windows informs me that I'm not up to date and that I'm at risk. I click to search for updates, I get the little spinning icon for a few seconds, then nothing happens. I can't see any...