Windows 10: Windows Update Scheduled Now during Game Play with Game Mode On

Discus and support Windows Update Scheduled Now during Game Play with Game Mode On in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the Windows 10 April 2nd 2019 Update and while I was in a game with game mode on I cannot believe what happened during a critical moment in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tech_69, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Tech_69 Win User

Windows Update Scheduled Now during Game Play with Game Mode On

I have the Windows 10 April 2nd 2019 Update and while I was in a game with game mode on I cannot believe what happened during a critical moment in the game: Windows 10 stops the game, pops out of fullscreen and shows the Windows we have an update for you do you want to update now or delay. Why On Earth is this happening while I am playing a game and ruining my chances of finally completing my mission. I cannot believe this happened with Game Mode on. I am expecting updates not to be pushed while I am in a game. Why does this stuff happen. DO NOT EVER do this!

This is unacceptable!!!

Please NEVER force this notification especially when the Advanced Setting has: Update Notifications OFF!

Why do I bother setting this to OFF when it just gets ignored. I have Automatically download option also Off and still updates come in! Why does this happen.

So I guess I need to force 35 delay or will that also get ignored????

:)

Tech_69, Apr 10, 2019

2. Can't play pyramid solitaire game in Windows 10

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share this:

• Are you playing the game online or offline?

I suggest you to try installing the game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode.

• Download the game from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 10, 2019
  3. game scores and game progress

Hello,

To assist you further I would like to ask if you are playing the game online or from desktop.

If the game is installed and you are playing from the desktop, the issue might be caused due to compatibility of the game with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game from the game developers website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the
      game and select “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Windows Update Scheduled Now during Game Play with Game Mode On

Can't play games.

Hi Teresa,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

• Are you getting any error message when you try to play the games?
    • Are you trying to play the games online?
    • Is the issue confined with a particular game?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the link mentioned below to check the compatibility of the games with Windows 8.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/Home

Method 1: Try updating the graphics card drivers and check if it works.

Follow the steps to update the graphics card driver:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the Graphics Card and click on
      Update Driver Software
    Method 2: Install the games in Compatibility Mode.

Follow the link below to install the games in
    Compatibility Mode

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Please get back to us with the necessary information if the issue persists.

Ruth Buruga, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update Scheduled Now during Game Play with Game Mode On

1. Windows Update Scheduled Now during Game Play with Game Mode On - Similar Threads - Update Scheduled during

2. BSOD during playing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during playing a game: Hello, could you please help me with a problem: yesterday I got BSOD while playing a video game.The error code was 124, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. My PC specs: AMD Ryzen 3600, 16 GB DDR4, Radeon 6700XT, PSU 600W. XMP disabled, no overclocking, all standard bios settings. This...
  3. BSOD during playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during playing a game: Hello, could you please help me with a problem: yesterday I got BSOD while playing a video game.The error code was 124, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. My PC specs: AMD Ryzen 3600, 16 GB DDR4, Radeon 6700XT, PSU 600W. XMP disabled, no overclocking, all standard bios settings. This...
  4. BSOD during playing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Gaming PC Bluescreen Error During Play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming PC Bluescreen Error During Play: Minidump reports - https://files.catbox.moe/wdfck3.rarHi,Can somebody please help me troubleshoot this problem, I have linked my dump file. My PC keeps crashing while gaming, nothing is consitant, it just happens randomly. Other than these crashes, preformance is...
  6. Mouse Issues during Game play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Issues during Game play: This is going to be a rather long message. I play Skyrim SE. During game play there is a Microsoft sound and a Windows Hourglass Pointer shows up in the game. It dows not replace the game pointer. I end up with 2 pointers. Now I play in offline mode. I have every app disabled...
  7. PC freezes during/after playing a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC freezes during/after playing a game: I have an i5-9400F cpu and gtx 1660 gpu. When I am playing, or most of the time a couple minutes after I stop playing, the PC freezes and I have to forcefully restart it. I wonder if this is because I have different brands of ram installed. This only happens after I installed...
  8. Windows 10 Crash during playing a game

Windows 10 Crash during playing a game: So I was playing a gamealone and later with friend And suddenly computer just crashed.The game was still on,but I couldn't do ctrl+alt+delete or anything,the sound suddenly stopped at the same moment. I have disabled fast start up options power options And I have used a...
  9. flickering screen during game play

flickering screen during game play: on uploads from discs as well as downloads when I try to play games my screen flickers and rolls. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flickering-screen-during-game-play/73235c5b-8cda-4539-a4d7-e09df0cadb37
  10. cant play games that are not in windowed mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant play games that are not in windowed mode: has any one run into the problem where they can only play a game in windowed mode. because when i try to play a game in fullscreen the game chrashes or it forces me to shutdown my computer. anny ideas ? 5167