Windows 10: Windows Update screen is blank.

Discus and support Windows Update screen is blank. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two PCs. One custom build desktop and one Asus’s laptop. Today I decided to do optional cumulative update. And so I updated my laptop. My laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Techy 789, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Techy 789 Win User

Windows Update screen is blank.

I have two PCs. One custom build desktop and one Asus’s laptop. Today I decided to do optional cumulative update. And so I updated my laptop. My laptop showed downloading update, installing and then rebooted successfully. After that, I updated my custom build desktop, it showed downloading, installing and then it stuck on checking for updates and never showed me to reboot. After that, I rebooted my PC, but working on updates didn’t came. After that, I opened settings and opened updates, but now updates are blank. Nothing is coming on update screen. Please help.

:)

Techy 789, Mar 23, 2021

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 23, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

zbook, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Update screen is blank. - Similar Threads - Update screen blank

2. Blank screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen after windows update: recently the built-in monitor in my Lenovo IdeaPad 100-15IBD laptop stopped working after a critical windows update, the the screen worked fine before.After I found out the screen didn't work I connected the laptop to a LG TV through an HDMI cable, however now the system...
  3. Blank screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after windows update: recently the built-in monitor in my Lenovo IdeaPad 100-15IBD laptop stopped working after a critical windows update, the the screen worked fine before.After I found out the screen didn't work I connected the laptop to a LG TV through an HDMI cable, however now the system...
  4. Blank screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Latest windows update to blank screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows update to blank screen: Hello, Here is my issue: Following the latest update of windows which i installed on the 03/07/2021, on startup my laptop computer now has a blank screen instead of the login screen.It is a known issue but i have tried litterally all the solutions proposed and it doesn't...
  6. Update screen is blank.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update screen is blank.: I have two PCs. One custom build desktop and one Asus’s laptop. Today I decided to do optional cumulative update. And so I updated my laptop. My laptop showed downloading update, installing and then rebooted successfully. After that, I updated my custom build desktop, it...
  7. WINDOWS UPDATE SCREEN IS BLANK...////

WINDOWS UPDATE SCREEN IS BLANK...////: Hello, Whenever I click update tab, this blank screen appears and some blue dots run horizontaly at the top. PLEASE HELP........ [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-screen-is-blank/b399e20d-40c6-44ba-8abc-d9f7767d2044
  8. W10 Windows Update blank screen

W10 Windows Update blank screen: Dear All, For almost three months I cannot download any update via the Windows Update page. There is only a blank white screen there and it seems like it is loading all the time blue dots on the top border are moving. I have searched the Internet to solve this problem, but...
  9. Windows Update screen is Blank

Windows Update screen is Blank: I have a Windows 10 Home and recently my windows update screen is showing blank, it is not showing me an updates or anything. I have tried reset windows update with a reboot and still it cannot resolve the issue. Have tried the Windows assistance update page from...
  10. Blank screen in windows update

Blank screen in windows update: There is a blank screen when i open Windows update windows 10 1903 something like this i have waited for 10 mins but still it remains the same also i'm not able to download any app from the microsoft store [ATTACH]...