Windows 10: Windows update search take long time

Discus and support Windows update search take long time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem since today, since the last windows 20H2 update. When I want to search an update the loading searching take a very long time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheMagiiK, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Windows update search take long time

Hi, I have a problem since today, since the last windows 20H2 update. When I want to search an update the loading searching take a very long time (~25mn) and I have an error and I can clic on retry. I want to know if this is a known problem ? Thx

submitted by /u/TheMagiiK
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheMagiiK, Nov 11, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Nov 11, 2020
  3. nkatsar Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Pros:
    • No need for a script, easy to apply manually
    • Much smaller download, seems that KB3020369 is not required, only SP1 is needed
    Cons:
    • Windows Update Client downloaded by the script is newer (June 2016 version is included in KB3172605 instead of March 2016)
    • You will still need to download/install hundreds of updates afterwards, most of them are already included in KB3125574 and installed by the script

nkatsar, Nov 11, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows update search take long time

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Ok I did another reboot, disabled windows update service, did step 3 again, this time it installed an update, enabled windows update service and did a reboot and voila!! *Peace Windows update search take long time :peace:

Windows update search take long time 20160416_190650-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows update search take long time

1. Windows update search take long time - Similar Threads - update search long

2. Resetting windows takes long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting windows takes long time: i started full reset on my windows 10 at 05:07, then at 07:14 it only increase 33% then i check again at 09:10 it only increase 56%, there's any way to increase the speed? my pc spec: 1TB HDD, 8GB ram, i5...
  3. Windows taking long time to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows taking long time to boot: Hii , My laptop is taking long time to boot. It is stuck at welcome home screen for about 3-4 mins. This was not a issue till yesterday. I think some automatic update caused this issue. I tried updating my windows to latest version but it won't work. I updated gpu...
  4. Windows Update takes long time.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update takes long time.: Hi, Following is the OS specification of my laptop : [ATTACH] The last time when I tried to update windows to perform the following similar update it took over 5 hours to complete and it was stuck at 52%, later on, I forced the system to go in sleep mode by pressing the...
  5. Windows 2004 update taking ᴀ long time

Windows 2004 update taking ᴀ long time: Last night ɪ decided to update my windows cause my fps was dropping to 30-60, ɪ woke up at 10 and it was on 90% and ɪ just been in bed waiting on it to be don, its currently 4:00 and its still at 90%, theres no issues with my pc, ɪ have 32gb of ram and my pc is fairly new,...
  6. 2004 Update taking a long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Update taking a long time: Hi all, I'm trying to update to version 2004 on my computer, but it failed the first few times I tried (I was playing games at the time). I'm doing the update now, but it's taken nearly 2 hours and it's still only 87% installing. Is there a reason it's taken so long? Thanks...
  7. Windows Update - Taking long time

Windows Update - Taking long time: Today, I have got the notification that your system is downloaded and ready to update latest version... Restart is required? I have agreed and clicked the Restart button. to my surprise - it took 03 hrs 45 mins to update the latest update..... I am not happy they way it...
  8. windows 10 update taking very long time

windows 10 update taking very long time: how to shut down computer and restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-taking-very-long-time/e43c1901-1157-4f38-a45b-24c602654244
  9. Searching for updates takes very long

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Searching for updates takes very long: Hi, Since today manually searching for updates takes unusually long. Is something wrong with the microsoft servers at the moment? Anyone else have that problem? Was planning to set up my laptop today but I will wait a bit if the update servers are wonky right now. 84565
  10. Search indexing is taking a remarkably long time.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Search indexing is taking a remarkably long time.: Yesterday, I restored my system from a system image that I had made the night before with Macrium Reflect Free. It worked fine, except that when I logged into Windows and typed a search term in the Start Menu, I saw a message saying that search indexing was turned off (a...