Windows 10: Windows update seemingly wiped everything off of hard drive.

Discus and support Windows update seemingly wiped everything off of hard drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My brother has an Acer Swift 1, running Windows 10. He recently installed a windows update, and upon reboot, found a black screen. An empty desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stewartmcleod1, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Windows update seemingly wiped everything off of hard drive.

My brother has an Acer Swift 1, running Windows 10. He recently installed a windows update, and upon reboot, found a black screen. An empty desktop, with only the Windows search bar in the bottom left. Clicking it does nothing, I've even attempted opening the file explorer with WIN+E, and received the error: "An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist".

Any command entered on the keyboard results in this message. Help?

:)

stewartmcleod1, Nov 28, 2018

2. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Jan 28, 2020
  3. 2wicked Win User
    2wicked, Jan 28, 2020
  4. 2wicked Win User

Windows update seemingly wiped everything off of hard drive.

2wicked, Jan 28, 2020
  5. Shadin Win User
    How to wipe a hard drive

The best utility to use to wipe a hard drive is definitely DBAN. You can do an all-out wipe, or simply write all zeroes to the drive.

Darik’s Boot and Nuke – DBAN

Shadin, Jan 28, 2020
  6. Shadin Win User
    How to wipe a hard drive

The best utility to use to wipe a hard drive is definitely DBAN. You can do an all-out wipe, or simply write all zeroes to the drive.

Darik’s Boot and Nuke – DBAN

Shadin, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows update seemingly wiped everything off of hard drive.

1. Windows update seemingly wiped everything off of hard drive. - Similar Threads - update seemingly wiped

2. How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive: I bought a new computer and I don't like it.I reset the computer but I want to make sure I got all the files off.I set the computer keyboard for two different languages and when it came back after reset it still gave me the option of those two languages, which makes me worry...
  3. How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive: I bought a new computer and I don't like it.I reset the computer but I want to make sure I got all the files off.I set the computer keyboard for two different languages and when it came back after reset it still gave me the option of those two languages, which makes me worry...
  4. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive wipe: Hi,I need to wipe a external hard drive to reuse in another system. I thought about using ccleaner but I know it is unsafe. Just so you know I don't want to format it.Thanks...
  5. Wiping hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wiping hard drives: I am selling a pc it has 3 drives installed, i factory reset the pc and chose to delete all files, will this delete the files from all 3 drives or just the drive with the OS on?...
  6. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive wipe: I am having issues deleting files from my windows app folder on my secondary drive it either says i dont have access, need permission from system or error 0x80070780. I have tried all things i could find via a google search. I have 2 of them due to previous issues each with...
  7. wipe of hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wipe of hard drive: I am trying to wipe my hard drive so I can donate my HP desktop to charity I tried the recovery option but after a long long while it failed to make any changes. I have tried DBAN but for whatever reason it also would not work and just gave me the option of altering the dvd...
  8. Hard drive wipe after updates

Hard drive wipe after updates: Good evening, It seems that all of my files and settings are continuously wiped after all updates. In multiple instances, I have checked the "Windows.old" folder, but its most recent files date back to July of last year. I am running Windows 10 with Kali Linux as a virtual...
  9. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...
  10. Windows 10 Update Wiped Hard Drive

Windows 10 Update Wiped Hard Drive: When I saw a forced Windows update, I assumed it was a minor security update and not the one that it pretty obviously was. My bad, I assumed that Windows update would actually automatically check before it processed with installing anything given the sheer number of issues...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update wiped out everything

2. windows update wiped my computer

3. windows 10 update wiped computer

4. windows update wipes everything,
  5. windows update wiped computer 2019,
  6. windows update wiped out applications everything,
  7. my laptop updated and wiped everything off it,
  8. Windows 10 did a force update and everything is wiped off my computer,
  9. windows 10 update wiped out my computer,
  10. windows update has wiped folders,
  11. windows update deleted all files,