Windows 10: Windows update seems to have broken a stable internet connection - Windows 10

Discus and support Windows update seems to have broken a stable internet connection - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Not sure if it might be coincidence that my WiFi's playing up or something at the same time. But ever since a recent Windows update my connection to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 0_Exterminator_0, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Windows update seems to have broken a stable internet connection - Windows 10

Not sure if it might be coincidence that my WiFi's playing up or something at the same time. But ever since a recent Windows update my connection to the internet has been awful and in some cases non existent.

I'll try playing any game and it will constantly sit at about 300-600 ping when I used to sit at 30-50 easy. In fact the absolute best I've gotten is still 250. Calling on discord is constantly interrupted by poor connection. And sometimes the connection drops entirely and I simply can't connect to any site at all. YouTube when it's working seems to load and play videos fine, and every other device in the house doesn't seem to have a problem when I do. No one is using it for anything else either when I check.

Just tonight I was pushed to ask this because it got so bad that I would have a connection for literally just 10 seconds and it would black out again. I tried troubleshooting for problems, I tried restarting the computer, I tried uninstalling the recent updates from windows (that it would let me uninstall) and all of them only fixed it for 10 seconds. Eventually what gave me a connection but still a bad one was turning the router off and on again. But if no one else's devices are having problems, I wouldn't think it'd be the router that's the problem. But I'm not sure.

Another odd thing it seems to be doing is prioritizing a lesser grade connection over a better one. The computer has a built in WiFi receiver, but the computer's tucked away in the desk, so I hooked up TP-Link USB and installed that and hooked it up to an extension cable to give a better connection. And that's worked just fine up until now. But now the computer, no matter how many times I uncheck the 'connect automatically' box on the built in WiFi which has a far worse signal. It keeps checking it and automatically connects to it when I turn on the computer. And going into properties to change it doesn't seem to do anything either.

Is this just something odd to do with my WiFi? Or is this something that can actually be fixed.

Cause this is starting to become annoying.

Thanks in advance.

:)

0_Exterminator_0, Feb 19, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Feb 19, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

Did you run the Windows 10 connection troubleshooter?

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Also, check in the "Device Manager" to see if the network adapter is ok.
    You may need to un-install it and then "Scan for new devices".

This is published by HP; however, it gives some good info on troubleshooting with the device manager.
    HP PCs - Device Manager Information (Windows 10, 8)

95Viper, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Windows update seems to have broken a stable internet connection - Windows 10

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows update seems to have broken a stable internet connection - Windows 10

1. Windows update seems to have broken a stable internet connection - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - update seems broken

2. Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps: I recently installed the new windows 11 feature update, and after doing so:-On startup I recieve an error message for wallpaper engine about a dll file, however the app still works fine-adobe creative cloud infinitely loads, and produces an error message saying it is missing...
  3. Internet connection is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection is broken: I have noticed that I physically cannot turn internet connection on windows 10 - whenever I try to turn wifi on in the network settings, I have no option to do it photo below. I've already tried troubleshooter 3 times - no success....
  4. Internet connection is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection is broken: I have noticed that I physically cannot turn internet connection on windows 10 - whenever I try to turn wifi on in the network settings, I have no option to do it photo below. I've already tried troubleshooter 3 times - no success....
  5. Internet connection is broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows 20H2 update seems to have broken Windows Hello Face Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 20H2 update seems to have broken Windows Hello Face Recognition: With the recent update to Windows 20H2 version 19042.572, the Windows Hello no longer works with the Logitech BRIO 4K camera. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, disabled and re-enabled Windows Hello. The BRIO works fine with Teams, Skype, Windows Camera, Logitech...
  7. New laptop seems to be having internet connection issues after windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New laptop seems to be having internet connection issues after windows 10 update.: I bought a laptop around the beginning of last month. I used it almost daily but only for a few things so far (like 96% of the time it's reddit, discord, youtube, and 1 video game). It was working amazing until after some windows updates. I used to get around 98-130fps on an...
  8. windows update seems to have broken motherboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows update seems to have broken motherboard: As I turned my desktop on this morning 21,03,2020 windows started updating, when it was finished my HDMI ports stopped working. luckily my spare monitor is using DVI so still worked. Now windows had booted in a different aspect ratio than normal and there were a few things...
  9. Windows 10 update seems to broken OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update seems to broken OneDrive: Problem with updates today (kb4505903 OR kb508433 OR kb4509096 OR kb506991 OR kb4497932) ! Don't know which one as win update did them all. It seems to have broken "OneDrive". comes up with "OneDrive.exe - Bad Image" on a file called gdiplus.dll. Others seem to report...
  10. Windows Update Seems to have broken my lock screen.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Seems to have broken my lock screen.: Hello, I am hoping this is the right section to post in. It seems that a new Windows 10 update has broken my lock screen. The lock screen background is no longer present, filled in with just a black screen with the time and date in the corner, as per usual. Pushing buttons...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to have stable internet