Windows 10: windows update seems to have broken motherboard

Discus and support windows update seems to have broken motherboard in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As I turned my desktop on this morning 21,03,2020 windows started updating, when it was finished my HDMI ports stopped working. luckily my spare... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MatthewSale, Mar 20, 2020.

1. windows update seems to have broken motherboard

As I turned my desktop on this morning 21,03,2020 windows started updating, when it was finished my HDMI ports stopped working. luckily my spare monitor is using DVI so still worked. Now windows had booted in a different aspect ratio than normal and there were a few things that were wrong, for one it no longer said my name, it said "user" moreover the turn off button/ option was missing this could have just been off screen because of the off aspect ratio. When I went to sign in I got a message saying sign in is not available right now that's not word for word I can't remember the exact wording so I left it for a few minutes. Same result so I restarted the PC. This is where all the real problems started. Now windows isn't booting, it keeps saying "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" it was at this point I found my mouse and keyboard no longer lighting up. I tried rebooting. same result. So I disassembled my PC and cleaned it. Still giving the same message, still the ports aren't working I know the ports aren't working because the USB I use later didn't work So I tried creating a boot media with the windows media creation tool, when I plugged it into my PC I still got the same message. This has led me to believe that the cause of the problem is all ports on my motherboard including the SATA ports have stopped working. Im not sure why this has happened, I assume something about this windows update has caused this but not sure why. Moreover it is important to know this is a PC I use everyday and up until now had no issues, no slowdown in games or problems loading applications so I do not think there is any physical damage to the hardware. I'll give a specs list as best as I can

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x 6 core's

PSU: EVGA 750 GQ

RAM: 8x2 corsair

GPU: 1060 6GB

Motherboard: Gigabyte

SSD where windows is: 250GB

:)

MatthewSale, Mar 20, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Mar 20, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond windows update seems to have broken motherboard :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 20, 2020
  4. windows update seems to have broken motherboard

Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

windows update seems to have broken motherboard

1. windows update seems to have broken motherboard - Similar Threads - update seems broken

2. Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps: I recently installed the new windows 11 feature update, and after doing so:-On startup I recieve an error message for wallpaper engine about a dll file, however the app still works fine-adobe creative cloud infinitely loads, and produces an error message saying it is missing...
  3. Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest windows 11 update seems to have broken some apps: I recently installed the new windows 11 feature update, and after doing so:-On startup I recieve an error message for wallpaper engine about a dll file, however the app still works fine-adobe creative cloud infinitely loads, and produces an error message saying it is missing...
  4. Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.: Hello I'm looking for some help in fixing my windows update. I feel like I've tried everything short of a fresh install of windows, which I'm trying to avoid if possible. Let me lay out the situation and what I've tried It originally began with the PC having poor performance...
  5. Windows 20H2 update seems to have broken Windows Hello Face Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 20H2 update seems to have broken Windows Hello Face Recognition: With the recent update to Windows 20H2 version 19042.572, the Windows Hello no longer works with the Logitech BRIO 4K camera. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, disabled and re-enabled Windows Hello. The BRIO works fine with Teams, Skype, Windows Camera, Logitech...
  6. Windows 10 update seems to broken OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update seems to broken OneDrive: Problem with updates today (kb4505903 OR kb508433 OR kb4509096 OR kb506991 OR kb4497932) ! Don't know which one as win update did them all. It seems to have broken "OneDrive". comes up with "OneDrive.exe - Bad Image" on a file called gdiplus.dll. Others seem to report...
  7. Windows update seems to have broken a stable internet connection - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows update seems to have broken a stable internet connection - Windows 10: Not sure if it might be coincidence that my WiFi's playing up or something at the same time. But ever since a recent Windows update my connection to the internet has been awful and in some cases non existent. I'll try playing any game and it will constantly sit at about...
  8. Latest update seemed to have broken Dolby Atmos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest update seemed to have broken Dolby Atmos: OK... Before I begin, please don't give me the standard textbook answers that you guys give to people who have obviously never used a PC before. I have been building my own for over 20 years now and I also work in the consumer electronics industry. This is an honest problem...
  9. April 2018 update seems to have broken the mail app

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    April 2018 update seems to have broken the mail app: The April 2018 update installed today on its own. I launched my mail app and it did not function. Apparently I needed to give permission for mail to access my email (not sure why that would have changed since it worked before). The main problem is that my several email...
  10. Windows Update Seems to have broken my lock screen.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Seems to have broken my lock screen.: Hello, I am hoping this is the right section to post in. It seems that a new Windows 10 update has broken my lock screen. The lock screen background is no longer present, filled in with just a black screen with the time and date in the corner, as per usual. Pushing buttons...