Windows 10: Windows Update Sep 2019 Deleted all my files.

Discus and support Windows Update Sep 2019 Deleted all my files. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Windows update just wiped all my files. It ugraded the OS and it kept my apps - but its removed everything else, and reset all my settings back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteffParsonson, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Windows Update Sep 2019 Deleted all my files.

Hi,

Windows update just wiped all my files. It ugraded the OS and it kept my apps - but its removed everything else, and reset all my settings back to defaults.

I saw something saying old documents were in Windows.old, but that userprofile is empty too. Where is my stuff?

Thanks,

Steff

:)

SteffParsonson, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows Update Sep 2019 Deleted all my files. ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 30, 2019
  4. rk3066 Win User

Windows Update Sep 2019 Deleted all my files.

Deleting the "SoftwareDistribution" Files

I noticed that "Depending on your HDD Space and you made sure your Updated on Windows 7" that you can delete all the Files "Going into Safe-Mode of course" but i saw a .Txt File that shows the Updates you've installed "That i deleted by mistake" but by deleting that File i saw the updates needed to be installed again but i knew weren't true.

So yeah what ya' think? Should this be a good idea? I saw that over 3GB worth of files!

rk3066, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update Sep 2019 Deleted all my files.

1. Windows Update Sep 2019 Deleted all my files. - Similar Threads - Update Sep 2019

2. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update deleted all my files: The latest Windows update has really done some bizarre things. I am not sure what is going on at Microsoft but these updates are really messing up my system. The last one in August stopped all games that used Unreal Engine from working and this one has taken it to another...
  3. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update deleted all my files: The latest Windows update has really done some bizarre things. I am not sure what is going on at Microsoft but these updates are really messing up my system. The last one in August stopped all games that used Unreal Engine from working and this one has taken it to another...
  4. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update deleted all my files

Update deleted all my files: Hi, I went to turn my computer on, and my computer began to install updates. When it finally finished, all of my files were deleted. Everything. I tried to restore it, but there is no restore point data either. How do I get all my information back? Thanks! Caitlyn...
  6. Windows 10 Update Deleted All My Files

Windows 10 Update Deleted All My Files: Windows 10 updated and all my files are gone. I tried retrieving it from the windows.old file but it was empty. All my pictures were on my computer and now they are completely gone and this is ridiculous that an update my computer said it needed completely wiped my computer....
  7. BSOD with multiple stopcodes after Windows 10 update Sep 2019

BSOD with multiple stopcodes after Windows 10 update Sep 2019: The issues started happening after Monday night - PC worked fine all Monday and when I came home in the afternoon on Tuesday, it was to the first BSOD. I attempted several fixes from this article: https://windows101tricks.com/windows-10-blue-screen-of-death/ I have been...
  8. sep 2019 windows update causes start button to stop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sep 2019 windows update causes start button to stop: sep 2019 windows update causes start button to stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sep-2019-windows-update-causes-start-button-to/8eab320d-5366-417a-8f0c-841c429bca06
  9. The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads,...

The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads,...: The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads, documents! How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-recent-update-of-windows-10-jan-2019-deleted/262ccb5a-e035-4453-90e9-6215c2504fe4
  10. Windows update delete ALL MY FILES

Windows update delete ALL MY FILES: Hello there, i do manual update on my freshy reinstalled work laptop. After that (which takes litteraly hours) finaly i realize that the only remaining thing from my hard disk is probably the desktop picture. I have a previous Windows.old folder where was all my important...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my documents 2019

2. windows edge update erasing files 2019

3. windows update deleted my photos

4. where are all my files Nov 2019,
  5. windows update recently is deleting recent work on deskstop,
  6. where are my files after windows update 11/3/2019,
  7. windows update deleted my photos 2019,
  8. windows update deleted everything 2019,
  9. windows update deleted everything october 2019