Windows 10: Windows update service disabled and cannot enable it

Discus and support Windows update service disabled and cannot enable it in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Trying to install App from Windows store but it need windows update to work. So i try start the services but when i changed the startup service it say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Theerlan, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Theerlan Win User

Windows update service disabled and cannot enable it

Trying to install App from Windows store but it need windows update to work. So i try start the services but when i changed the startup service it say access denied. I don't know why i can't enable it again.

:)

Theerlan, Jul 12, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

Windows 10 update being enabled.

My experience was that disabling Windows Update service works for a while until suddenly that service is magically enabled again and starts updating everything.

W1zzard, Jul 12, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Good to know, i will check later to see if it's still disabled.

Knoxx29, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows update service disabled and cannot enable it - Similar Threads - update service disabled

2. The service cannot be started,either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The service cannot be started,either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled...: disabled service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-service-cannot-be-startedeither-because-it-is/d988a371-3f2b-44fa-bcf0-83f8a6f643ab
  3. The service cannot be started,either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The service cannot be started,either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled...: disabled service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-service-cannot-be-startedeither-because-it-is/d988a371-3f2b-44fa-bcf0-83f8a6f643ab
  4. "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled...: Every time I try to start a service such as Spotify or Task Manager I receive the error message, "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices of associated with it." What can I do to fix this?...
  5. "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled...: Every time I try to start a service such as Spotify or Task Manager I receive the error message, "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices of associated with it." What can I do to fix this?...
  6. The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices...: I am trying to install .net 4.8 on my 2012R2 server and getting the following error:The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices associated with it What i did so far:-Enable Windows Update service-Enable .net framework 3.5 and 4.5...
  7. The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices...: I am trying to install .net 4.8 on my 2012R2 server and getting the following error:The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices associated with it What i did so far:-Enable Windows Update service-Enable .net framework 3.5 and 4.5...
  8. windows service disable and cannot enable it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows service disable and cannot enable it: windows service disable and cannot enable itplease anyone tell and please dont tell to reset pc plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-service-disable-and-cannot-enable-it/5def58fc-8307-4831-9345-b4d6352c9ab7
  9. Windows update services cannot be enabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update services cannot be enabled: Windows update Service cannot be enabled. No matter how many times I enable it from the services it gets disabled by itself. submitted by /u/_saFal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jk6b88/windows_update_services_cannot_be_enabled/
  10. Cannot re-enable Windows Update Service (Access is denied)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot re-enable Windows Update Service (Access is denied): For a while I have had the windows update service disabled, as it sometimes caused issues with programs (and it was just annoying). However I have been using some Microsoft store apps and I need windows update to be enabled to download them. I have tried Running the windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant enable windows update service

2. windows update service disabled

3. windows update service setting to disabled

4. cannot enable windows update service,
  5. why cant i enable windows update services,
  6. windows update service is disabled,
  7. why i cant disabled the windows update on services,
  8. cant enable windows update services,
  9. windows cant enable aervice,
  10. cannot enable windows update in services,
  11. services windows update wont enable,