Windows 10: Windows update service doesn't start- 0x80080005

Discus and support Windows update service doesn't start- 0x80080005 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; [img] [img] Windows update service fails to start, even tried resetting windows update from the pinned thread, it is not working. SFC scan get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by madhesh1988, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Windows update service doesn't start- 0x80080005

Windows update service doesn't start- 0x80080005 [​IMG]

Windows update service fails to start, even tried resetting windows update from the pinned thread, it is not working.

SFC scan get stucks @ 20%

:)

madhesh1988, Jul 1, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 1, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jul 1, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows update service doesn't start- 0x80080005

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows update service doesn't start- 0x80080005

1. Windows update service doesn't start- 0x80080005 - Similar Threads - update service doesn't

2. Windows update not updating 0x80080005

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update not updating 0x80080005: How do i fix my windows 10 pc that keeps telling me the below message; "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80080005"...
  3. Windows Won't Update 0x80080005

Windows Won't Update 0x80080005: Can anyone help me fix this? I think not being able to update my PC has hindered my ability to run Microsoft Defender Antivirus. Please help! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-update-0x80080005/8ad07910-7948-4de5-8b4b-bc307de98a4f
  4. Windows Update Error 0x80080005

Windows Update Error 0x80080005: About a month ago I encountered this error when checking if my laptop had any updates, and at first I thought if I waited a few days the problem should be solved, but I forgot about it and now a month later it still isn't fixed. I've triedthis tutorial to see if it would...
  5. Windows Update Error, 0x80080005

Windows Update Error, 0x80080005: I encountered a windows update error that gave the code 0x80080005. I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1809, OS build 17763.914. Not sure what to do to fix it....
  6. Windows Update Error 0x80080005 and 'wuauserv' not starting

Windows Update Error 0x80080005 and 'wuauserv' not starting: Hi. I am not able to update my windows because of non-functional windows update service. Every time I run 'Check for updates', I get error 0x80080005. I tried suggested methods of stopping 'wuauserv', 'bits', 'cyrptsvc', 'msiserver' and starting them again but the 'wuauserv'...
  7. Windows update error (0x80080005)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update error (0x80080005): Hello, I am currently on 1809 version, build: 17763.557 When I first tried to update windows, i got an error of: 0x80080005. I've done the sfc/scannow (found nothing), did the troubleshooting (gave me Service registration is missing or corrupt error), and did all those...
  8. Windows update error (0x80080005) and Net start wuauserv

Windows update error (0x80080005) and Net start wuauserv: Hi so i am having this problem were i try to update windows but i get a code with (0x80080005). I searched to fix it and a lot of people have been going to command prompt and typing the same commands. When the command "net start wuauserv" comes next it says "The wuauserv...
  9. Windows update error (0x80080005)

Windows update error (0x80080005): So normally I'm able to update windows whenever I check for updates but this time it just keeps giving me this error. I've watched many videos on this as well as reading many articles but for whatever reason I still haven't found or soloutuin nor have got a solution*Redface...
  10. windows update error 0x80080005

windows update error 0x80080005: everytime i try update my windows 10 it gives this error ive searched google and all i see is ads for tech utilities any help appreciated 21919
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 8 The BITS service failed to start. Error 0x80080005