Windows 10: Windows Update service missing. Tried adding it but it says it already exists.

Discus and support Windows Update service missing. Tried adding it but it says it already exists. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH] The service is missing but I did find a wuaserv folder in the registry. I tried adding it back using: sc create wuauserv... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anson710, Jul 7, 2020.

1. anson710 Win User

Windows Update service missing. Tried adding it but it says it already exists.

Windows Update service missing. Tried adding it but it says it already exists. 58211077-f03d-4dd2-92e8-97297cf963d3?upload=true.png Windows Update service missing. Tried adding it but it says it already exists. ef160bf5-549a-43b3-95ce-a45bb806a8b4?upload=true.png

The service is missing but I did find a wuaserv folder in the registry. I tried adding it back using:

sc create wuauserv DisplayName= "Windows Update" binpath= "C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs -p" Start= delayed-auto depend= RpcSs

but it returns an error saying the specified service already exists.

I am trying to fix this as I am unable to download anything from the microsoft store and I think this is the cause

:)

anson710, Jul 7, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 7, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

I can't get update KB3035583 on my windows 7 SP1 laptop, also I was missing the optional language packs updates, I have tried "resetting" windows updates Windows Update - Reset - Windows 7 Help Forums and I have tried stopping and restarting the windows update service, did not help.
    Would anyone have a suggestion on how to get this KB3035583 update? It's genuine windows 7 SP1 home premium.

Edit: Is this windows 10 upgrade only for people who bought (a computer with) windows 7 SP 1?
    I bought this laptop with windows 7.

Windows Update service missing. Tried adding it but it says it already exists. winupdates-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Jul 7, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

I had the message on my built systems and the laptops.

AsRock, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Update service missing. Tried adding it but it says it already exists. - Similar Threads - Update service missing

2. How to permanently disable Windows Update? Already tried Services.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Windows Update? Already tried Services.: Hi all. I took the chance and asked one of the "experts" on this Microsoft website, Services has been checked already and I have disabled the ones related to Windows Updates, but it didn't seem to help AT ALL. My PC still prompts me to update windows and I still can only...
  3. How to permanently disable Windows Update? Already tried Services.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently disable Windows Update? Already tried Services.: Hi all. I took the chance and asked one of the "experts" on this Microsoft website, Services has been checked already and I have disabled the ones related to Windows Updates, but it didn't seem to help AT ALL. My PC still prompts me to update windows and I still can only...
  4. How to permanently disable Windows Update? Already tried Services.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Adding New User but says is linked already

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding New User but says is linked already: Hello!Recently I wanted to add my microsoft account as a whole separate user on this PC as it is now used by everyone in the house. However, even after signing out of every app I can think of and making my current user just a local account, I keep getting an error. “e-mail...
  6. Adding New User but says is linked already

Adding New User but says is linked already: Hello!Recently I wanted to add my microsoft account as a whole separate user on this PC as it is now used by everyone in the house. However, even after signing out of every app I can think of and making my current user just a local account, I keep getting an error. “e-mail...
  7. Whenever I try to remove the shortcut text, it saves it with 2. Says it already exists but...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever I try to remove the shortcut text, it saves it with 2. Says it already exists but...: Hi all Thank you in advanced, and happy holidays! Whenever i try to remove the shortcut text from an icon on the desktop, i get a message saying application.ink already exists, do you want to save it as X. But there is no application shortcut on the desktop already. Ive...
  8. Adding already existing Windows 10 to new Hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding already existing Windows 10 to new Hard drive: I just had to get a new hard drive as my old one died. I already have Windows 10 and need to add it to new hard drive. How do I go about this?...
  9. Added account on Mail, can't use it an already exists when i try to recreate it

Added account on Mail, can't use it an already exists when i try to recreate it: Hello, Soooo, tried to connect to Mail using my Gmail account. Went fine, but after the process, i got right back to the create an account screen and my gmail account wasn't there. So i tried to configure the account again but the app tells me it already exists. Tried to...
  10. Cannot create a folder as Windows says it already exists

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a folder as Windows says it already exists: 1) In May I created a folder on my mothers computer called "2016 Pics." When I visited her this past week the folder and it's contents were missing. I did file/folder search for the folder with no luck. each time I try to make a new folder with this same name Windows says the...