Windows 10: Windows Update Service not installed error: 0x80070424

Discus and support Windows Update Service not installed error: 0x80070424 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, There are several problems, so i will start by addressing the main one, i cant update windows, since, my headphones are connecting but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by asf95, Mar 16, 2019.

1. asf95 Win User

Windows Update Service not installed error: 0x80070424

Hi,

There are several problems, so i will start by addressing the main one,

i cant update windows, since, my headphones are connecting but not showing up on playback.

I had to manually install windows store using command, and cant install any apps it says unknown error on store.

i get black screen to start with after login, then it takes a good 5 min or so for taskbar to appear, meanwhile alt cntrl del and running chrome or even file explorer works but still very in convinient.

also i did a windows re install using the inbuilt settings options

and all the above mentioned issues started after the re installation

and i re installed due to
    periodic wifi disconnection
    which is also very weird because
    the wifi doesnt really disconnects
    it cuts off my internet access only
    and pages wont load

it cuts off in game connection too if i am in game online.

after reinstallation

it still happens but happens less.
    ,ostly after a long session on my pc roughly 6-8hrs,
    then i need a restart

if ingame online then reconnecting the wifi works to reset the game server connection but webpages dont load until i restart.

i downloaded this

Microsoft Update Catalog

the last one

and i get this error when i open the file

Windows 7: Windows Update Service not installed error: 0x80070424
    the specified service does not exist as an installed service

also defender wont open got avast i think avast got taken down now as well interface wont open
    file in attachment

would really appreciate any help fixing up my system, thank you

ran FSS which was suggested from a windows7 forum page

Windows Update Service not installed error: 0x80070424 - Windows 7 Help Forums

and got the following output

Farbar Service Scanner Version: 27-01-2016
    Ran by AsifF (administrator) on 16-03-2019 at 06:53:59
    Running from "C:\Users\AsifF\Downloads"
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home (X64)
    Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
    ============

Connection Status:
    ==============
    Localhost is accessible.
    LAN connected.
    Google IP is accessible.
    Google.com is accessible.
    Yahoo.com is accessible.

Windows Firewall:
    =============

Firewall Disabled Policy:
    ==================

System Restore:
    ============

System Restore Policy:
    ========================

Security Center:
    ============

Windows Update:
    ============
    wuauserv Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
    Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wuauserv registry key. The service key does not exist.
    Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wuauserv registry key. The service key does not exist.
    Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wuauserv registry key. The service key does not exist.

Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy:
    ============================

Windows Defender:
    ==============
    WinDefend Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
    Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
    Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.

Windows Defender Disabled Policy:
    ==========================
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender]
    "DisableAntiSpyware"=DWORD:1

Other Services:
    ==============

File Check:
    ========
    C:\Windows\System32\nsisvc.dll => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nsiproxy.sys => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\afd.sys => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tdx.sys => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\tcpip.sys => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\dnsrslvr.dll => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\dnsapi.dll => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dnsapi.dll => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\mpssvc.dll => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\bfe.dll => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mpsdrv.sys => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\SDRSVC.dll => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\vssvc.exe => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\wscsvc.dll => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\wuaueng.dll => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\es.dll => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\cryptsvc.dll => File is digitally signed
    C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpSvc.dll => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe => File is digitally signed
    C:\Windows\System32\rpcss.dll => File is digitally signed

:)

asf95, Mar 16, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 16, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Windows Update Service not installed error: 0x80070424

Windows 10 update error 0x80070424

Hi Yasir,

After starting all listed services, the windows update still gives me the same error (0x80070424). Downloading and executing the update gives me this error:
    Imgur

StevePopping, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update Service not installed error: 0x80070424

1. Windows Update Service not installed error: 0x80070424 - Similar Threads - Update Service installed

2. Windows update service missing with error 0x80070424

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update service missing with error 0x80070424: So i have been getting this error every time i check for updates. My system is current in win 10version 22H1 and even the update assistant to move to win 10 22H2 did not find success. The Win 10 22H2 ended up crashing after completing 100% which brought me back to the same...
  3. Windows update service missing with error 0x80070424

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update service missing with error 0x80070424: So i have been getting this error every time i check for updates. My system is current in win 10version 22H1 and even the update assistant to move to win 10 22H2 did not find success. The Win 10 22H2 ended up crashing after completing 100% which brought me back to the same...
  4. Windows update service missing with error 0x80070424

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update Error 0x80070424 & missing "Windows Update" in Services.

Windows Update Error 0x80070424 & missing "Windows Update" in Services.: Hi, When I searched for the error code I found this answer and tried to follow the instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other/windows-update-error-0x80070424/6511a332-7de3-4f10-b823-49b6dae86b9c However I cannot find Windows Update in...
  6. Windows defender Error 0x80070424 specified service does not exist as an installed service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender Error 0x80070424 specified service does not exist as an installed service: Hi there, Im pretty certain I got some malware. I tried to boot my windows defender, it was de-activated so I tried to activate but got the error 0x80070424. It says That the specified service does not exist as an installed service I've been trying some solutions online,...
  7. Cant update windows and windows update service is missing (error 0x80070424)

Cant update windows and windows update service is missing (error 0x80070424): I'm trying to update my Windows but it shows me : There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070424) I dig up somethings online and...
  8. problems installing updates error 0x80070424

problems installing updates error 0x80070424: There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070424)...
  9. Error 0x80070424 virus deleted windows update service

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 0x80070424 virus deleted windows update service: im trying to download a game through microsoft store and update my computer but i got a virus a while back and I have learned it deleted my windows update service. things i have tried sfc/ scannow adding wuauserv into registry again windows advanced troubleshoot 119123
  10. service does not exist 0x80070424 Windows Update Error

service does not exist 0x80070424 Windows Update Error: Hi, I have got an error code from windows update when installing updates and google this code and it says the service does not esits. 0x80070424 Please Help Many Thanks Luke A'Court...
Tags: