Windows 10: Windows update service on metered network

Discus and support Windows update service on metered network in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For the love of dear God! Stop windows update service from re-enabling like a jerk. I don't give a single bit of flying fucking piece of shit about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GitGudCat, Sep 8, 2019.

1. GitGudCat Win User

Windows update service on metered network

For the love of dear God! Stop windows update service from re-enabling like a jerk. I don't give a single bit of flying fucking piece of shit about security. Not everybody needs that bullshit. In fact, pretty few types of people need that. Why do you have to make your OS self-conscious in an asshole way? Is it because re-enabling a service that I disable every single fucking day and hate it from the deepest bottom of my heart is the only thing programmers at Microsoft can do as AI?

:)

GitGudCat, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Jorge Tan Win User

How to stop Window update for metered network

Hi,

To set a Wi-Fi network connection as metered, you may try the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage known networks.
    • Select the Wi-Fi network > Properties > turn on Set as metered connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 metered network setting not stopping windows updates

Hi Sian,

To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps:

Method 1: Run the Network troubleshooter.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.
    Method 2: Update the network adapter driver.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select
      Update Driver Software
      > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.
    • After installing the updated driver, select the Start button >
      Power > Restart if you're asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.
    If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there. If your PC can't connect to the Internet, you'll need to download a driver on a different PC and save
    it to a USB flash drive, so you can manually install the driver on your PC. You’ll need to know the PC manufacturer and model name or number.

Method 3: Update the Wi-Fi drivers and settings. Follow the steps on this

link

After doing these 3 steps, set your Wi-Fi connection to Metered connection again.
    Select Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage
    known networks.Select the Wi-Fi network > Properties > turn on Set as metered connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Raymond Ave, Sep 8, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows update service on metered network - Similar Threads - update service metered

2. Metered network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered network: I have a server that is connected to the network switch. Switch is not connected to the internet, somehow I keep getting message under network status " You're connected to the Internet" You're on metered network. Some apps might work differently to help you save data while on...
  3. Metered network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metered network: I have a server that is connected to the network switch. Switch is not connected to the internet, somehow I keep getting message under network status " You're connected to the Internet" You're on metered network. Some apps might work differently to help you save data while on...
  4. Metered network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. 2004 update and metered network connection

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2004 update and metered network connection: Previously while trying to update, it used to show how much download needed in MBs for update. Now how much needed is not shown. Only waits for permission to download in metered connection. Any help to know how much needed to download? 159050
  6. Metered Network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Metered Network: I keep getting a message that says: You are on a metered network etc. What does that mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metered-network/a6672604-e8fc-4b63-8d13-4cb7d94d4895
  7. VPN's and metered networks Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN's and metered networks Windows 10: Hello, I have Windows 10 and have been told that creating a VPN is recommended. I'm pretty new to trying to do this stuff myself so please forgive my ignorance. I was wondering what kind of VPN to use, there's a setting for automatic, and I was planning to use...
  8. metered network?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    metered network?: help! This is a headache! What does this PC is on metered network mean? One drive sync is paused to prevent data charges? That to do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/metered-network/594456d5-4b5e-4e04-8972-7371beb3678f
  9. metered updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    metered updates: While travelling it is very annoying to have updates running at inconvenient times. I have switched my laptop to metered updates, but this only works apparently for each specific wifi connection. Apparently there isn't a simple way of turning on metered updates for all...
  10. Set Wireless Network as Metered or Non-Metered in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Wireless Network as Metered or Non-Metered in Windows 10: How to: Set Wireless Network as Metered or Non-Metered in Windows 10 [img] Information A metered connection is an Internet connection that has a data limit associated with it. Cellular data connections are set as metered by default. Wi-Fi and Ethernet network connections...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. schedule windows update on metered network