Windows 10: Windows Update Service Properties not working

Discus and support Windows Update Service Properties not working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone Hello everyone. I was trying to find a solution to the common propblem of disabling auto updates. I used this method windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KostisT, Oct 18, 2018.

1. KostisT Win User

Windows Update Service Properties not working

Hello everyone

Hello everyone.
    I was trying to find a solution to the common propblem of disabling auto updates.

I used this method

windows 10 windows update keeps turning it self back on after i turn - Microsoft Community

where I created a user in the Log On tab.
    It works fine two weeks now. But today I wanted to update an app from the Windows store.
    It said that when I want to restart I should check the Local System Account.
    The problem is that now the Windows Update Service Propertis tab is unclickable. It opens but I can't click anything.

Is there something I can do?

thank you all

:)

KostisT, Oct 18, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 18, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows Update Service Properties not working :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Oct 18, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update Service Properties not working - Similar Threads - Update Service Properties

2. windows update service isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update service isn't working: my windows update service failed to start when i tried in services.msc, also it returns a code 0xc800006b which i cannot find any information. when i tried ''net start WsAuServ'' in powershell, it also failed to start and occurred ERROR_DISK_CHANGE 107...
  3. windows update service isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update service isn't working: my windows update service failed to start when i tried in services.msc, also it returns a code 0xc800006b which i cannot find any information. when i tried ''net start WsAuServ'' in powershell, it also failed to start and occurred ERROR_DISK_CHANGE 107...
  4. Bluetooth Services in Properties for device is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Services in Properties for device is empty: Recently a few of my bluetooth devices stopped working. My bluetooth keyboard and game pad can pair and even connect, but they don't work beyond that. After some discovery, I noticed that there's an issue with the drivers.Normally when you open the properties for these...
  5. Bluetooth Services in Properties for device is empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Services in Properties for device is empty: Recently a few of my bluetooth devices stopped working. My bluetooth keyboard and game pad can pair and even connect, but they don't work beyond that. After some discovery, I noticed that there's an issue with the drivers.Normally when you open the properties for these...
  6. Bluetooth Services in Properties for device is empty

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Properties not working as intended.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties not working as intended.: Hello, I have been trying to set an application to always run as administrator. I already have gone to the file location and opened up properties however, the shortcuts bar cannot be found. I can also not run the application without administrator either. Please help me....
  8. Windows 10 Windows updates service medic properties ACCESS Denied!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Windows updates service medic properties ACCESS Denied!: Good Day please help me to fix my Windows I actually downloaded the virus and make my windows update corrupt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-windows-updates-service-medic/d5848777-f43c-41c7-ba4d-ae8004509c88
  9. Windows updates service properties ACCESS DENIED

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows updates service properties ACCESS DENIED: Good day! I got a malware and change my windows. I buy a antivirus to remove malware however my windows update are not working I try to run it in service.msc but its says access denied, please if someone can help me. other things when I try to format my HDD it turn to BLue...
  10. No icons and properties not working

in Windows 10 Support
    No icons and properties not working: Hi all, I have a problem where no icons show anywhere throughout the system, I get no thumbnails from pictures, videos etc. Icons only appear on my Stardock Object Dock on the bottom of the screen and in the Taskbar Notification area I get flashes of what look like black and...