Windows 10: Windows Update service seems to be working but the microsoft store says other ways

Discus and support Windows Update service seems to be working but the microsoft store says other ways in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So recently I stumbled upon a really strange problem. Basically, the Windows Update service was running like usual but the Microsoft store said that it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Darktail5, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Darktail5 Win User

Windows Update service seems to be working but the microsoft store says other ways

So recently I stumbled upon a really strange problem. Basically, the Windows Update service was running like usual but the Microsoft store said that it was not running and didn't allow me to update or install anything so I like a normal person was trying to fix that problem but it didn't work. Just I was wondering if somebody had the same problem and if so how to fix it.

:)

Darktail5, Feb 24, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2)

Microsoft quietly rolled out SP2 for Windows Server 2003 today as part of its critical updates list. Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) is a cumulative service pack that includes the latest updates and provides enhancements to security and stability. In addition, it adds new features and updates to existing Windows Server 2003 features and utilities. The SP2 update can be applied to all Windows Server 2003/Windows XP Professional x64 Edition products.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Windows Update service seems to be working but the microsoft store says other ways

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update service seems to be working but the microsoft store says other ways

1. Windows Update service seems to be working but the microsoft store says other ways - Similar Threads - Update service seems

2. Windows services not working Microsoft store, Windows update etc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows services not working Microsoft store, Windows update etc...: Hello, I'm having a problem in general with microsoft services in particular with windows update and microsoft store. Some time ago, thinking they were of no use to me, I had disabled them with software that disabled these microsoft services. Now that I need them I can't...
  3. Windows services not working Microsoft store, Windows update etc...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows services not working Microsoft store, Windows update etc...: Hello, I'm having a problem in general with microsoft services in particular with windows update and microsoft store. Some time ago, thinking they were of no use to me, I had disabled them with software that disabled these microsoft services. Now that I need them I can't...
  4. Windows services not working Microsoft store, Windows update etc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft Store is not working in any way.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store is not working in any way.: Problem ~~ Microsoft Store has 2 current downloads. One is the Minecraft launcher which i have had issue with for the past... God knows how long, i havent been able to install the launcher forever now. i was fine, before i was able to download the standalone Minecraft Windows...
  6. Microsoft Store is not working in any way.

Microsoft Store is not working in any way.: Problem ~~ Microsoft Store has 2 current downloads. One is the Minecraft launcher which i have had issue with for the past... God knows how long, i havent been able to install the launcher forever now. i was fine, before i was able to download the standalone Minecraft Windows...
  7. Microsoft Store is not working in any way.

8. Windows can't check for updates, says can't connect to update service, Microsoft store...

Windows can't check for updates, says can't connect to update service, Microsoft store...: Windows attempted to check for updates last week, found some, but in the process of installing something went wrong, i don't know what. Since then it's been from one issue to the other. I currently have the latest version of windows 10 installed via Windows 10 update...
  9. Microsoft store services not working

Microsoft store services not working: I was having problems with games in the win 10 Xbox. I immediately went to look at threads on the internet on what to do and none of the steps worked. After attempting to delete and reinstall some games they got stuck at "starting installation" and wouldn't even let me cancel...
  10. microsoft store and other windows apps not working

microsoft store and other windows apps not working: Microsoft store, Calculator, Mail, Groove, Money will not run, I've tried everything suggested on various forums. I've also done a repair install. Doing any powershell command to appxpackage results in this: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> get-appxpackage...