Windows 10: Windows update service shutting down.

Discus and support Windows update service shutting down. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows update shows me this error message. What should i do? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sreeragk1, Aug 7, 2020.

1. sreeragk1 Win User

Windows update service shutting down.

Windows update shows me this error message. What should i do?

Windows update service shutting down. 87a11c97-7640-433f-b57d-64168fc57ecb?upload=true.png

:)

sreeragk1, Aug 7, 2020

2. win 10 will not shut down properly

Hi Richard,

Usually, this issue occur due to outdated or corrupted device drivers, services or processes which are not shutting down properly, or third-party programs that prevents your computer to shut down properly. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional
    information:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this an error message Explorer\windows\settingsync\BackgroundUploadTask? If yes, where are you getting this message?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. To run the Power troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power
      and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Windows update service shutting down.

Windows 10 Pro (fully updated) will not shut down properly

Hi Chayan,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How exactly are you shutting down the computer? Is it from Start menu?
    • Did you try shutting down by pressing and holding the power button?
    • Did you make any recent changes to the computer settings?
    • Did you plug any external device to the computer?
    I would like to inform you that it is bit difficult to pin point on the exact reason behind the issue unless we get the answers for the questions asked above.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to press and hold the power button and check if the computer able to shut down completely.

If the issue persist try unplug plug the charger\power cord from the power source and check if the issue persists, this may also arise due to any fault in the power source.

If the above steps doesn’t work, I suggest you to check if the fast startup option is enabled.

• Access control panel by right clicking on the Start menu.
    • Choose Power options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do and check if it is enabled.(Disable it if enabled)
    Please let us know if you are able to shut down the system properly after following the above steps. If the issue persists, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows update service shutting down.

1. Windows update service shutting down. - Similar Threads - update service shutting

2. Unable to complete the update because the update service is shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete the update because the update service is shutting down: Have the programmer that shuts the update service off while updating get another job. This is stupid. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-complete-the-update-because-the-update/51b38c9f-0da4-479c-9116-2335c4ebe0ec
  3. update service was shutting down

update service was shutting down: err on getting update on pc how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-service-was-shutting-down/65894a17-8b9b-46d1-b572-c674fd1001bb
  4. Update and shut down...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update and shut down...: This has been bugging me for years. I don't even know if it's a bug or if this is on purpose. When i press "Update and shutdown" i want my computer to finish the update and then shut down. This has never happened for me it always without fail updates and then restarts the...
  5. Shut down and Update

Shut down and Update: Hi, my sister's computer she did an update and then shut down but the computer says shutdown with circle going aroungd for quite some time ? What does this means ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-and-update/c5aa5d9b-f71e-4714-a7a5-776f241233ed
  6. Is Windows Update Service down?

Is Windows Update Service down?: Tried laptop and desktop. Neither can reach Windows Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-update-service-down/85a4ffff-f205-4312-81ac-cd12d106d975
  7. Windows Update loads on shut-down but never goes to shut-down

Windows Update loads on shut-down but never goes to shut-down: When I shut-down my laptop (ASUS with Intel Core i5) the screen says that it is loading the update and then is supposed to shut-down the computer. However, it "loads" for as much as an hour with no shut down. Is there a way to make this stop happening? (I have shut down...
  8. Update Service down?

Update Service down?: Lenovo X230 Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.292 Trying to check for updates - every time I get "error encountered" - We couldn't connect to the Update service. We'll try again now. Check you are connected to the internet. Yes the machine IS connected to the...
  9. windows shuts down for windows updates

windows shuts down for windows updates: This has happened maybe once a month where when I come in my office in the morning, my computer is shut off. When I start it, it looks like it is finishing an update. I checked my settings and they look correct. But maybe I missed something. Is there anything I should...
  10. Windows Audio Service Keeps Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio Service Keeps Shutting Down: Hi, I have the same problem regarding the audio service shutting (windows 10 pro) down for no reason. This is what i tried so far: 1-) uninstalling the driver and restart. The driver version 6.0.1.8551 ( Realtek high definition audio) 2-) Stop and restart the audio...