Windows 10: Windows Update Service (wuauserv) Access Denied

Discus and support Windows Update Service (wuauserv) Access Denied in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello fellow Redditor, I have recently made an attempt to install the new updates for my Windows 10 Build 1909 system. However, when I went into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xMartix, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Windows Update Service (wuauserv) Access Denied

Hello fellow Redditor,

I have recently made an attempt to install the new updates for my Windows 10 Build 1909 system. However, when I went into settings and clicked "check for updates" in the updating section, I received error code 0x80070422. I then ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter, and it stated that my Windows Update Service was not functioning. I looked deeper in services, went to the Windows Update Service, and tried to set the startup mode to "manual". When I clicked "apply", I got a pop-up with a note saying "access denied." I have done many things to try to get around this issue, but unfortunately with no solution. Please help.

submitted by /u/xMartix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xMartix, Jan 16, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Audio Service not starting - access denied

My audio service is refusing to start regardless of what I try on Windows 10 1803.

I have attempted the following:

• Re-installing audio drivers
    • Updating audio drivers
    • A full virus scan
    • A disk check
    • An SFC check
    • Making sure all the dependencies of the Windows Audio Service are running
    None of these have succeeded in changing anything.
    Whenever I try to start the audio service, I get this error message:

Windows Update Service (wuauserv) Access Denied [​IMG]

This made me think it is potentially the firewall messing everything up, so I start up Windows Defender and get this error message:

Are these two problems related, and does anyone know how I can fix it?

EDIT:
    The Windows Defender Antivirus Service and Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service are both not running, and when I try to start them I get this error:

I imagine that this is connected in some way but I have no clue how to fix it.

Sulphuric Glue, Jan 16, 2020
  4. jjwdeck Win User

Windows Update Service (wuauserv) Access Denied

Cannot stop wuauserv service(windows update service)

Trying for 3rd time to install the Windows 10 anniversary update on an older Satellite and got stuck not downloading or installing the update.

Same problem as many others from Microsoft Community: Windows Update stuck; general solution is to stop Update Service ([bits &] wuauserv, and optionally many more operations) and restart it. Also, as others, could not stop wuauserv;

The Windows Update service is stopping...........................

The Windows Update service could not be stopped.

C:\Windows\system32>net stop wuauserv

The service is starting or stopping. Please try again later.

BUT NOTHING RESOLVED WHY wuauserv COULD NOT BE STOPPED. As suggested in
    Windows 10 update stuck at 0%
    , changed wuauserv to automatic mode in Services and after a lot of time and restarts I got the anniversary update 1607!

jjwdeck, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update Service (wuauserv) Access Denied

1. Windows Update Service (wuauserv) Access Denied - Similar Threads - Update Service wuauserv

2. windows update service or wuauserv is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update service or wuauserv is missing: wuauserv is missing from my computer, i can't update my windows,i already tried manually adding the registry and use 3rd party tool the result are the registry dissapeared when i reboot and 3rd party tool did absolutely nothing, usually i don't care about this because didn't...
  3. windows update service or wuauserv is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update service or wuauserv is missing: wuauserv is missing from my computer, i can't update my windows,i already tried manually adding the registry and use 3rd party tool the result are the registry dissapeared when i reboot and 3rd party tool did absolutely nothing, usually i don't care about this because didn't...
  4. Windows update service access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update service access denied: Hello there I am trying to get some updates for my PC but I can't because windows update service is turned off and when I try to turn it back on I get access denied massage. I am the admin on the PC .I don't have any other users on it.I tried the change data value in key...
  5. Windows update service access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update service access denied: Hello there I am trying to get some updates for my PC but I can't because windows update service is turned off and when I try to turn it back on I get access denied massage. I am the admin on the PC .I don't have any other users on it.I tried the change data value in key...
  6. Windows update service access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows services access denied for wuauserv

Windows services access denied for wuauserv: Hi, I am having trouble installing windows updates and apps from the microsoft store. When i try to install any app from the microsoft store I get the message "Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in Settings...
  8. Windows updates service properties ACCESS DENIED

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows updates service properties ACCESS DENIED: Good day! I got a malware and change my windows. I buy a antivirus to remove malware however my windows update are not working I try to run it in service.msc but its says access denied, please if someone can help me. other things when I try to format my HDD it turn to BLue...
  9. wuauserv ( windows update service) could not be started. Error in starting wuauserv service

wuauserv ( windows update service) could not be started. Error in starting wuauserv service: I was trying to resolve windows update error 0x80080005 and found a solution which says to stop first the wuauserv service but when i tried to do so in cmd I got : system32>net start wuauserv the wuauserv service could not be started A system error has occured System...
  10. wuauserv service tasks are grayed out and access denied

wuauserv service tasks are grayed out and access denied: Hello everyone, I used to stop windows updates when I use limited Internet by stopping the windows update service (wuauserv) but it seems like I can't do that anymore, so if its possible I'll need to help please. Here are attached images to give u clearer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. net start wuauserv error

2. cannot reset windows update because access is denied in services

3. pasagent service startup type change giving access denied to administrator user

4. windows update service access is denied,
  5. net stop wuauserv access denied windows 10,
  6. the wuauserv service could not be started.a system error has occurred.system error 2 has occurred.the system cannot find the file specified.