Windows 10: Windows update setting

Discus and support Windows update setting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've just upgraded my Windows 10 Enterprise workstation from 1603 to 1803 manually. It was configured as only administrator can manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by -KELLY-, Jun 3, 2019.

1. -KELLY- Win User

Windows update setting

I've just upgraded my Windows 10 Enterprise workstation from 1603 to 1803 manually. It was configured as only administrator can manually download/install Windows Update and reboot the workstation. No auto installation/reboot is not allowed. However after I upgrade it, all the configuration is gone, and it is sat to all automatic download/install/reboot. I prefer to manual management as before, because I can track what kind of patching, and I can manually take a backup of the workstation before patching just in case.

How can I re-configure them to change from automatic update to manual?

When I take a look at "View Configured update policies" of Windows Update, it shows up as below. I guess it is sat up by group policies? If so, which directions are they on gpedit.msc?

Windows update setting 21df98c4-d232-4170-938a-24767cb95eca?upload=true.jpg

:)

-KELLY-, Jun 3, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 3, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows update setting

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update setting :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows update setting

1. Windows update setting - Similar Threads - update setting

2. After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account: This happened 3rd time for past couple of years on this computer.I updated windows and when I logged in in my Microsoft Account every setting I had set and app I downloaded seems to be deleted.I log in and it looks like fresh new account, I happen to have my families account...
  3. After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account: This happened 3rd time for past couple of years on this computer.I updated windows and when I logged in in my Microsoft Account every setting I had set and app I downloaded seems to be deleted.I log in and it looks like fresh new account, I happen to have my families account...
  4. After windows update microsoft account settings are deleted and it logs in like a new account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update: After automatic update received pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-change-in/ee5d78b8-4d05-4449-a0bd-162b824e0ed8
  6. Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update

Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update: After automatic update received pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-change-in/ee5d78b8-4d05-4449-a0bd-162b824e0ed8
  7. How do I stop Windows 11 Updates from constantly changing my Personalized Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows 11 Updates from constantly changing my Personalized Settings?: Every time Windows 11 provides an update mine currently set to Automatically perform updates, it changes my Personalized Settings? How can I stop this from happening?Why is Microsoft NOT returning/saving my Personalized settings?If the only answer is to NOT update the OS,...
  8. How do I stop Windows 11 Updates from constantly changing my Personalized Settings?

How do I stop Windows 11 Updates from constantly changing my Personalized Settings?: Every time Windows 11 provides an update mine currently set to Automatically perform updates, it changes my Personalized Settings? How can I stop this from happening?Why is Microsoft NOT returning/saving my Personalized settings?If the only answer is to NOT update the OS,...
  9. Settings revert after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...
  10. Settings revert after Windows update

Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...