Windows 10: Windows update settings are managed by my organization

Discus and support Windows update settings are managed by my organization in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In the Windows 10 update settings, there is a red message saying "*Some settings are managed by your organization" even though this is my own home PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bluecew, Aug 9, 2020.

1. bluecew Win User

Windows update settings are managed by my organization

In the Windows 10 update settings, there is a red message saying "*Some settings are managed by your organization" even though this is my own home PC that doesn't belong in any organization. Also, the computer is new and I just set it up two days ago and it came with Windows 10 version 2002. Images below:

Windows update settings are managed by my organization bff126e8-5b4b-42ae-959b-97c8e02bffd9?upload=true.png

Windows update settings are managed by my organization 7ad9fd22-2c49-4b91-982c-567372596f85?upload=true.png Windows update settings are managed by my organization bd6933df-4c03-4d94-8dc5-d5dac4caf0fb?upload=true.png

:)

bluecew, Aug 9, 2020
  2. dukeofurl Win User

Some settings are managed by my organization?

A long while ago, when Win 10 privacy concerns were new, I ran some kind of utility that claimed to stop like 20 violations with one step. Fast forward to today, and I go to do Windows Update, and it tells me in red font color "*Some settings are managed by your organization" - well, I don't have an organization, I'd just like to get Windows Update back to normal. Any idea how?

dukeofurl, Aug 9, 2020
  3. denmarfl Win User
    Windows10 Update "Some Settings are Managed by Your Organization"

When Windows updates alerts me to available new Updates Ready to be installed....in Red I now see "Some settings are Managed by Your organization"...Please see attachment ....

This began about 2 months ago following the creation of a new user Account. A Display issue was causing my Win10 Start List not to show any Text to the right of the programs in the lists and the solution to correct that issue from another Post here...suggested
    creating a new User account.... The instructions were detailed, I followed each step...the new User Account was created and it resolved the issue....

Following the creation of the New user acct, every time Window Updates are offered....the Alert in red "Some Settings are managed by Your organization" displays (see Attachment). The old User account never displayed this Alert.

Clicking on "View Configured Update Policies....it seems this alert is being caused by Mobile Device Management????

I have no idea what that means, or, how any settings would have been set to have some of my settings managed by your organization.

My PC is one of 3 PC's in my Home....it has never been connected to any organization...ie work, etc. During the creation of the New user account at no time was there anything that addressed Organization, Mobile devices during the creation of the New
    user Acct.

How do I remove this Alert?

Windows update settings are managed by my organization 69a42b90-24e4-4b75-9083-9df4c1a3f767?upload=true.png

Windows update settings are managed by my organization 875fafac-6adf-430e-b5a3-aa70a44121e9?upload=true.png

denmarfl, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Some settings are managed by my organization?

CU is shorthand for Cumulative Update. The latest one was released on 20th and when installed brings you up to the latest public release, 1803, build 17134.319.
    Cumulative Update KB4458469 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.319 Sept. 20 - Windows 10 Forums

When you have the filter on, the left hand pane only lists policies that are configured. All unconfigured policies are hidden, making navigation much easier.

In the left navigation pane, Select Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update. In the right hand pane only the configured polices will be listed. Double-click on one of them and you'll be able to change it to 'not configured' if you wish. Here is what I see with the filter on, showing my one and only configured policy.

Windows update settings are managed by my organization [​IMG]

Bree, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows update settings are managed by my organization - Similar Threads - update settings are

2. windows will not update, "*Some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows will not update, "*Some settings are managed by your organization": i'd like to download something from the microsoft store but it will not let me due to updates. updates wont take place, the troubleshooter doesn't do anything; the prompt "*Some settings are managed by your organization" is shown when i'd like to update windows. this has to...
  3. "Some settings are managed by your organization" in Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Some settings are managed by your organization" in Windows Update: Hello,I'm using my device normally when I get this red message: "Some settings are managed by your organization" in Windows Update settings page.When I click on "View configured update policies", it says that there are 2 policies set on my device:Turn off Auto Restart...
  4. "Some settings are managed by your organization" in Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Some settings are managed by your organization" in Windows Update: Hello,I'm using my device normally when I get this red message: "Some settings are managed by your organization" in Windows Update settings page.When I click on "View configured update policies", it says that there are 2 policies set on my device:Turn off Auto Restart...
  5. Windows Update - *some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - *some settings are managed by your organization": I have a retail version of Windows 10Upgraded from Windows 8.I am the administrator.But I can see that under Windows Update " *some settings are managed by your organization"This cannot be like that.This appeared once I started trying to Windows 11, signing in as...
  6. "Some settings are managed by your organization" in windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Some settings are managed by your organization" in windows update: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I do not join any orgnization, is this KB4598242 safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-settings-are-managed-by-your-organization-in/516bb90b-2426-4528-9da6-1abb280c891c
  7. Some settings are managed by my organization?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some settings are managed by my organization?: A long while ago, when Win 10 privacy concerns were new, I ran some kind of utility that claimed to stop like 20 violations with one step. Fast forward to today, and I go to do Windows Update, and it tells me in red font color "*Some settings are managed by your organization"...
  8. Windows Update-Some Settings are Managed by Your Organization

Windows Update-Some Settings are Managed by Your Organization: Hello. Okay I am sure this has been discussed but the fixes I see from a search concern gpedit command which no longer works. Does anyone know the solution to this issue as I am a home user. Have network on private. In system properties under computer name it says "Workgroup:...
  9. Windows Update-Some Settings are Managed by Your Organization

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update-Some Settings are Managed by Your Organization: Hello. Okay I am sure this has been discussed but the fixes I see from a search concern gpedit command which no longer works. Does anyone know the solution to this issue as I am a home user. Have network on private. In system properties under computer name it says "Workgroup:...
  10. Settings Managed By Organization

Settings Managed By Organization: Hello. I have a weird issue. I cannot stop insider builds, change which track I am on, or change feedback settings. Being unable to change feedback settings is preventing me from getting the latest insider builds. At the top of the relevant pages, it says "Some settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bypass update Windows 10 mange by organization