Windows 10: Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page

Discus and support Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't remember when this started. Every time I open Settings, the WU page shows a blank page. Sometimes, it just closes the page/window when I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hello10, Nov 4, 2018.

1. hello10 Win User

Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page

I don't remember when this started. Every time I open Settings, the WU page shows a blank page. Sometimes, it just closes the page/window when I click on WU, but this is rare.

I've been searching for a solution to this issue. I notice that people have been reporting it since 2015 or even earlier. I've tried several policy and registry editing to no avail.

I am on 1803 Build 17134.376, at present.

:)

hello10, Nov 4, 2018
  2. YongRa Win User

Windows 10 Edge Start page showing blank after anniversary update

Since the upgrade to the new anniversary update on Aug. 2nd, when I launch the Edge browser, the start page is blank. It only shows the top sites on the top but no suggested content underneath it.

I thought the upgrade to anniversary edition did not go well, so I restored back to before and did it again. But, result is same.

I am running Windows 10 Education. I know in this version, Cortana was removed. Now the search icon is a magnifying class and Cortana is gone. Did they remove the suggested site from showing up in Education version in Anniversary update?

Thank you

YongRa, Nov 4, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 4, 2018
  4. Sangeeta Sarkar Win User

windows right click menu shows blank

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Start menu showing up blank on your system. We will certainly help you with this issue.

• How often does this issue occurs?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

This issue could be due to missing or corrupted files present on your system. We suggest you to try the steps from the below Microsoft Help article and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page - Similar Threads - Update Settings Shows

2. Windows Update page blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update page blank: i had this problem so i tried to re-register the following DLL files. regsvr32 jscript regsvr32 vbscript regsvr32 /i mshtml for the last on i get this error [ATTACH]...
  3. Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page: I don't remember when this started. Every time I open Settings, the WU page shows a blank page. Sometimes, it just closes the page/window when I click on WU, but this is rare. I've been searching for a solution to this issue. I notice that people have been reporting it...
  4. Printer prints blank pages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer prints blank pages: My printer prints blank pages but even after a deep cartridge clean, it's still blank. It prints test papers fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-prints-blank-pages/1e3b1d33-24bb-4d1a-929b-9ecadbb79462
  5. Accounts page in W10 Settings is blank

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accounts page in W10 Settings is blank: While attempting to add an image to my login in page, I discovered that the Accounts page in settings is not working. I checked my admin account settings and they all seem to be correct and up-to-date. I then did some searching on the internet and found a similar complaint...
  6. Printing many blank pages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing many blank pages: Using an HP 1102W Laser: When printing a small selection from a multi-screen article - I will get a blank numbered/titled page (as in a waste of paper) for each page meant to be skipped prior to the actual selection. Sometimes that will be several wasted pages before it...
  7. Blank Windows 10 download pages?

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Windows 10 download pages?: Is everyone else getting blank pages at the Microsoft Windows 10 (and Windows 8) ISO download pages? Tech Bench Windows 10 Windows 8 ISO 56410
  8. Hide or Show Pages on Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Pages on Settings in Windows 10: Probably must have a minimum version of ten in 14393 pro 64 en , do not work the registry way either the policy way in gpedit.msc even I don't have/see the policy to configure it I have only the 3 folders above. c 78306
  9. Get a blank page in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Get a blank page in file explorer: Hello.When I type something into the address bar in file explorer I just get a blank page. For example I tried this %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows the green bar came from the left to right and the page was blank,Its always blank what ever I place in the address bar. Any...
  10. All Settings Pages Blank Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    All Settings Pages Blank Win 10: Cannot access any settings all windows that open are blank screen shot attached 26987