Windows 10: Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page

Discus and support Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I don't remember when this started. Every time I open Settings, the WU page shows a blank page. Sometimes, it just closes the page/window when I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hello10, Nov 5, 2018.

1. hello10 Win User

Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page

I don't remember when this started. Every time I open Settings, the WU page shows a blank page. Sometimes, it just closes the page/window when I click on WU, but this is rare.

I've been searching for a solution to this issue. I notice that people have been reporting it since 2015 or even earlier. I've tried several policy and registry editing to no avail.

I am on 1803 Build 17134.376, at present.

:)

hello10, Nov 5, 2018
  2. YongRa Win User

Windows 10 Edge Start page showing blank after anniversary update

Since the upgrade to the new anniversary update on Aug. 2nd, when I launch the Edge browser, the start page is blank. It only shows the top sites on the top but no suggested content underneath it.

I thought the upgrade to anniversary edition did not go well, so I restored back to before and did it again. But, result is same.

I am running Windows 10 Education. I know in this version, Cortana was removed. Now the search icon is a magnifying class and Cortana is gone. Did they remove the suggested site from showing up in Education version in Anniversary update?

Thank you

YongRa, Nov 6, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page

windows right click menu shows blank

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Start menu showing up blank on your system. We will certainly help you with this issue.

• How often does this issue occurs?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

This issue could be due to missing or corrupted files present on your system. We suggest you to try the steps from the below Microsoft Help article and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page

1. Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page - Similar Threads - Update Settings Shows

2. Windows update page is blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update page is blank: Somebody help me if you can. So the problem is that my WIDOWS UPDATE tab in settings is blank. I mean CONFIGURATION> UPDATE AND SCRATCH> WINDOWS UPDATE. The tab is blank. I am using my administrator account. And because of this problem, I can't update or download anything...
  3. Windows update page is blank

Windows update page is blank: Hello I have problem with my widnows 10 update screen because its blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-page-is-blank/610f07ab-f12f-44e9-9b0c-c4f6e81f0e91
  4. Windows Update page is blank

Windows Update page is blank: My current version of windows is Windows 10 Pro , Version: 1903. i cant install any program using the microsoft store. it throws the error windows update is disabled. [ATTACH] Windows used to get updated by default previously., But somehow, for the past 4 months the...
  5. The windows update page is blank in settings

The windows update page is blank in settings: I really need some help. Please someone help me if you can. So the problem is my WIDOWS UPDATE tab in settings is blank. I mean SETTINGS>UPDATE AND SCURITY> WINDOWS UPDATE. The tab is just blank. I'm using my administrator account. And because of this problem, I cant update...
  6. Windows update page is blank

Windows update page is blank: I had this problem since the first day I got my laptop, I tried the troubleshooter and it didn't work. Please help[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-page-is-blank/15a6bf3d-0b6a-46c9-af6c-df4f656026d7
  7. Windows Update page is blank

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update page is blank: I just installed 2004 update without any problem. After the installation when I click on "Check for updates", Windows Update page opens but it's always blank (there is only "Windows Update" text on the page). There are moving dots at the top of the page but nothing comes. How...
  8. Windows Update Blank Page

Windows Update Blank Page: The update troubleshooter fails to fix my issue. The message is 'Service registration is missing or corrupt'. I have attempted about every fix that I have found and nothing solves the issue. After the update to 1903 I needed to free up space on the SSD - I used disk cleanup...
  9. Windows Update page blank

Windows Update page blank: i had this problem so i tried to re-register the following DLL files. regsvr32 jscript regsvr32 vbscript regsvr32 /i mshtml for the last on i get this error [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page: I don't remember when this started. Every time I open Settings, the WU page shows a blank page. Sometimes, it just closes the page/window when I click on WU, but this is rare. I've been searching for a solution to this issue. I notice that people have been reporting it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update page is blank

2. windows update page blank in settings