Windows 10: Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading

Discus and support Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, I was opened Windows Update settings in the Update and Security section, and I am stuck on the loading screen below. No idea what to do.[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stachu., Jan 7, 2021.

1. Stachu. Win User

Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading

Hey,

I was opened Windows Update settings in the Update and Security section, and I am stuck on the loading screen below. No idea what to do. Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading c01ad850-1d8f-43f1-a872-9c64e6336a54?upload=true.png

:)

Stachu., Jan 7, 2021
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Tjkline Win User
    Windows update in Windows settings stuck loading, unusable

EDIT:

I FOUND A SOLUTION! I made a step-by-step tutorial near the bottom of this post.

Hello! In my windows settings, the update section is stuck in a permanent loading loop [image]. I'm an advanced user and am very
    familiar with Windows. I'd never ask for your help before I researched the problem, I wouldn't be here unless I tried fixed the problem diligently.

I've tried the following, all unsuccessful:

• Windows Update Troubleshooter
      • [OUTPUT: "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem"]
    • Reset windows update history
      • [I Stopped wuauserv & AeLookupSvc, deleted %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.log, started wuaserv & AeLookupSvc]
    • Reset the Windows Settings App
    • sfc /scannow
      • [OUTPUT: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations")]
    • DISM /online /Cleanup-Image /Scanhealth
      • [OUTPUT: "No component store corruption detected.
        The operation completed successfully"]
    • chkdsk C: /scan /perf
      • [OUTPUT: "Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems"]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW I SOLVED THE PROBLEM

I'm not sure exactly which one of these steps fixed the issue, but one of them did for me.

FIRST: Install FixWin for Windows 10.

WARNING: USE THIS TOOL AT YOUR OWN RISK!

SECOND: Once FixWin is open:

• Go to the "System Tools" category on the left-hand side
    • Once in the "System Tools" category, find "Reset Windows Security Settings to Defaults", then to the right of that option, click the "Fix" button
    THIRD: Go to the "Additional Fixes" tab in the FixWin application.

• Under the "Quick Fixes" tab at the top, click on the button that says "Reset Group Policy Settings"
    • Under the "Quick Fixes" tab at the top, click on the button that says "Reset WMI Repository"
    • Under the "Quick Fixes" tab at the top, click on the button that says "Reset Settings App"
    • Under the "Quick Fixes" tab at the top, click on the button that says "Reset Software Distribution Folder"
    • Under the "Quick Fixes" tab at the top, click on the button that says "Reset catroot2 Folder"
    • Under the "Quick Fixes" tab at the top, click on the button that says "Reset Windows Update History"
    AFTER COMPLETING ALL THE ABOVE, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER!

IF MY SOLUTION DOESN'T WORK:

Here are some articles and other things you can do.

• If you need to update but can't, you can update manually Microsoft Update Assistant, click
      here to download it.
    • Try the solutions in
      this article
      (credit to nigelyardley for
      suggesting this!)
    • Take a look at
      this article
      which gives a tutorial on how to fix the Windows Update service in the registry.
    • Check out this lengthy article that has a giant list
      of fixes to all kinds of Windows 10 update problems.
    [*]
    If all else fails, at the beginning of this post there's a list of solutions I tried, they didn't work for me but they might work for you.

Tjkline, Jan 7, 2021
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading - Similar Threads - Update Settings Stuck

2. Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading: Hey,I opened Windows Update settings in the Update and Security section, and I am stuck on the loading screen below. No idea what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-settings-stuck-loading/b24eee6a-3e15-41cc-b8e5-01395fdea4e6
  3. Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading: Hey,I opened Windows Update settings in the Update and Security section, and I am stuck on the loading screen below. No idea what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-settings-stuck-loading/b24eee6a-3e15-41cc-b8e5-01395fdea4e6
  4. Windows Update Settings Stuck Loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Update screen in settings does not load and Windows Update Troubleshooter stuck on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update screen in settings does not load and Windows Update Troubleshooter stuck on...: Hello!I am having a major issue with my computer. At first, I was having an issue where when I attempted to open the Minecraft Launcher, it would open the Microsoft Store and the store would be glitchy, flashing in and out and not loading properly. Through a guide from...
  6. Windows Update screen in settings does not load and Windows Update Troubleshooter stuck on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update screen in settings does not load and Windows Update Troubleshooter stuck on...: Hello!I am having a major issue with my computer. At first, I was having an issue where when I attempted to open the Minecraft Launcher, it would open the Microsoft Store and the store would be glitchy, flashing in and out and not loading properly. Through a guide from...
  7. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE SETTINGS STUCK ON LOADING

WINDOWS 10 UPDATE SETTINGS STUCK ON LOADING: WINDOWS 10 UPDATE SETTINGS STUCK ON LOADINGSo I'm trying to open the settings for windows update and it opens and proceeds to load forever without anything happening. How should i fix this? I can't check on updates or update my system. Attaching an screenshot of the issue...
  8. Windows Update not loading in Settings

Windows Update not loading in Settings: Hi, so I've just encountered a problem recently. Windows Update is not loading in Settings. [ATTACH]Can someone please tell me how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-not-loading-in-settings/3b8926e7-e136-4a2b-bbca-a3c84e530c4d
  9. Windows 10: Windows Update Settings Stuck On Loading..

Windows 10: Windows Update Settings Stuck On Loading..: Hello, My name is Claire and I need your help. You see, whenever I open up settings>Update And Security>Windows Update, it's always stuck on loading. All the others work just fine but this, doesn't. The thing is I saw another question about it here and tried to follow the...
  10. Windows update in Windows settings stuck loading, unusable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update in Windows settings stuck loading, unusable: Hello! In my windows settings, the update section is stuck in a permanent loading loop [image]. I'm an advanced user and am very familiar with Windows. I'd never ask for your help before I researched the problem diligently, and I wouldn't be here unless nothing I tried...