Windows 10: Windows update shows updates installed, but system version info shows first version that...

Discus and support Windows update shows updates installed, but system version info shows first version that... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In my system info I see version of windows from long time ago: Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063 and at the same time I see as all recent updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZaakAn, Dec 19, 2018.

1. ZaakAn Win User

Windows update shows updates installed, but system version info shows first version that...

In my system info I see version of windows from long time ago: Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063

and at the same time I see as all recent updates installed.

More to the point, when installing Windows system for linux it showed it as still in beta!

any idea on how to fix this?

:)

ZaakAn, Dec 19, 2018

2. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    Minor suggestion for Check for updates

OK, thanks - looking good! *Smile Windows update shows updates installed, but system version info shows first version that... :)

However, what will show, if version installed is not latest? The 2nd line should show the older version, yes? Please can you send a screenshot of how that will look like?

EDIT: Okay, see you added 2nd shot. I suggest for 2nd shot, the currently installed version to show also. Namely something like 2 lines such as:
    Your version: XXX
    Update available - version XXX/etc.
    (or something similar. Exact order of 2 lines (maybe swapping the 2 lines will be better) and exact text is up to you *Smile Windows update shows updates installed, but system version info shows first version that... :))

4. Naki Win User

Windows update shows updates installed, but system version info shows first version that...

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

Thema:

1. Windows update shows updates installed, but system version info shows first version that... - Similar Threads - update shows updates

2. Updated to version 21H2. Login screen stiil shows "install newer version of Windows"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated to version 21H2. Login screen stiil shows "install newer version of Windows": I wonder if any kind person might be to help please?Received a message on the Win 10 login screen;"Your device needs updates to stay protected" "Install a newer version of Windows 10"Went to Windows Update and installed;2021-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based...
  3. Updated to version 21H2. Login screen stiil shows "install newer version of Windows"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated to version 21H2. Login screen stiil shows "install newer version of Windows": I wonder if any kind person might be to help please?Received a message on the Win 10 login screen;"Your device needs updates to stay protected" "Install a newer version of Windows 10"Went to Windows Update and installed;2021-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based...
  4. Updated to version 21H2. Login screen stiil shows "install newer version of Windows"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update history not listing latest update and shows click-bait instead of version info

Update history not listing latest update and shows click-bait instead of version info: Looks like something is not updating properly and/or a link to version history is wrongI have 21h1 and made a note of it yesterday. Last night 11/2/2021 an update to 21h1 came in and the system rebooted. This morning I went to check to see exactly what got installed and...
  6. Update history not listing latest update and shows click-bait instead of version info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update history not listing latest update and shows click-bait instead of version info: Looks like something is not updating properly and/or a link to version history is wrongI have 21h1 and made a note of it yesterday. Last night 11/2/2021 an update to 21h1 came in and the system rebooted. This morning I went to check to see exactly what got installed and...
  7. Update history not listing latest update and shows click-bait instead of version info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 version shows 1909 and won't update to the current version

Windows 10 version shows 1909 and won't update to the current version: I have been stuck on version 1909 for a couple of years. When I click on Check for Updates nothing shows up although it does tell me I'm not up-to-date.Below the Check for Updates is the following:Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on...
  9. Old version of windows not showing any updates.

Old version of windows not showing any updates.: I'm using an old version of windows 10 and I want to update it. I tried to update it from settings but it's not showing any update. So, I want to update my PC.Please help me....
  10. Show Windows version

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Windows version: I can't remember what the key combo short-cut is to bring up the windows version....not the system info. It's a little tiny window that opens showing the version and build. For the life of me I can't remember. A little help please. 111693