Windows 10: Windows Update slows down my pc

Discus and support Windows Update slows down my pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am an old user of windows 10, I updated my pc from win10 version 1909 to 20H2 in the month of March. The update was successful and my pc was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SBK 526, Aug 1, 2021.

1. SBK 526 Win User

Windows Update slows down my pc

Hi, I am an old user of windows 10, I updated my pc from win10 version 1909 to 20H2 in the month of March. The update was successful and my pc was normal as beforeupdating, but when I check for updates in the windows update settings page the available updates takes nearly 6-8 hours to install without running any apps and if I open and run my apps they keep freezing and becomes unresponsive I saw in the take manager the windows module installer worker takes high disk and CPU usage, and in the settings page it was taking usually 20-30 minutes to install in the 1909 version. So anyone has any

:)

SBK 526, Aug 1, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 1, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Aug 1, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update slows down my pc :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Update slows down my pc - Similar Threads - Update slows down

2. PC SLOW DOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC SLOW DOWN: Hi ,I am currently having 64bit window 10 but it hangs too much sometimes it works fast but mostly it hangs will 32bit window be better opinion in my sight of view 32bit window 10 require less RAM and will work more faster in pc below are device specification can you please...
  3. Windows updates slow my PC down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates slow my PC down: So today I was going to record a YouTube video, when I noticed something wasn't right, the fps boost client was getting 50% less fps then normal, and when I tried running the recorder, when I hit record the entire recording app crashed.I checked task manager to see what was...
  4. Will updating to Windows 10 20H2 slow down my pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will updating to Windows 10 20H2 slow down my pc?: Its as the title says...will it? submitted by /u/Wanyabe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kzreci/will_updating_to_windows_10_20h2_slow_down_my_pc/
  5. PC slows down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC slows down: My Lenovo Windows 10 laptop bought in 2016 is very slow, ittakes a lot of time to load or open any folder and I am not able to know its cause. I have tried deleting temporary files in temp and %temp% folders but after some time, it again starts slowing down. It is free of...
  6. Slow down of PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow down of PC: After upgrading Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I observed that when I open any word file Microsoft word 2010 by PC become slow. For few particular word files my PC become terribly slow and it does not function properly. What is the reason for this and is there any solution?...
  7. Windows update slowed down PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update slowed down PC: After a recent windows update, my PC is unbearably slow. Applications take significantly longer to open and CPU usage is often well above the norm 70+% using windows explorer It affects all applications. I've now tried a system restore and a PC reset, but the pc is still...
  8. Windows Defender slows down my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender slows down my PC: Hi, Whenever I open any folder with lots of software programs than Windows Defender start taking more thing 50% of CPU usage, continuously. I know that it might be scanning them, but every time? It slows down PC too much that the icon of the program takes too much time...
  9. pc slowing down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc slowing down: Hello I have problem with my laptop.I bought my laptop about a month ago and it was very fast but after this one month it started to slow down and it gets slower and slower and i dont know whats happening ..... My laptop is supposed to be fast but something happened and now...
  10. Pc slowed down after update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc slowed down after update: So about few hours ago I installed update for windows 10 and now my pc slowed down a lot,when booting instead of usual 1 minute now it takes 4-5 minutes or more and it also runs slower than usual.Anyone having this issue or know know how to fix it? 21422