Windows 10: Windows update - smart card reader problems

Discus and support Windows update - smart card reader problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! After last windows 10 update my laptop do not read usb smart cards no smart cards reader. Windows 10 home 1909 10.12.2019. 18363.535... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkoMarković, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Windows update - smart card reader problems

Hi!

After last windows 10 update my laptop do not read usb smart cards no smart cards reader.

Windows 10 home

Please help me.

Kind regards!

Marko Marković

:)

MarkoMarković, Dec 20, 2019
  2. fusionz Win User

Smart Card Reader driver problem

Hello!
    So, I ended up here because I didn't know what else to do. I have a problem with my Smart Card Reader(ID-Card). Windows doesn't let me install drivers for it manually, neither did it install them automatically. It all happened after updating Windows to the Anniversary Update. I tried to reinstall drivers, "Repair My Computer" with Windows disk(which didn't work for some reason) and used USB 2.0 and 3.0 to test whether it's the port problem. Also, manual installation gave me an error: "This operation requires an interactive window station."
    Can anyone here help me? I need to use smart card reader every day, to be honest.

Windows update - smart card reader problems [​IMG]

Sincerely,

fusionz, Dec 20, 2019
  3. WIndows 10 Compatible Smart Card Reader

I've been using an SCR3500 USB smart card reader for military websites for years with Windows 7. I've since found that this particular reader has been deprecated and will not work with my new Windows 10 machine.

Is there anyone out there using a smart card reader with Windows 10? If so, what make and model reader are you using? And yes, I've been to militarycac.com before someone suggests it. The site is offers a lot of suggestions but none of which are fixing
    my problem. Any assistance would greatly appreciated.

anthonycrivera, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Windows update - smart card reader problems

Smart Card Reader / Gettign a Card

Hi,

Smart card reader can be used for identification, authentication, and data storage. We suggest contacting the device manufacturer for further assistance on how to use the smart card reader.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows update - smart card reader problems

1. Windows update - smart card reader problems - Similar Threads - update smart card

2. windows security smart card problem after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows security smart card problem after update: Hello, i am a win 10 home user. yesterday i updated the latest windows 10 update and after this i keep getting this annoying smart card pop-up wich even after closing restarts immediatly. i am a somewhat experienced user but this problem has baffled me for the past hour...
  3. Windows Security is no longer recognizing my CAC reader (Smart Card reader)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Security is no longer recognizing my CAC reader (Smart Card reader): Windows Security seems to have randomly stopped recognizing my CAC reader, this happened early September. Typically whenever I access a website that needs my CAC (email, DTS, etc), it prompts me to select my name from a list of credentials, which I do. Then a box pops up...
  4. smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440

smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440: I use a gemalto smart card usb token, wich was used for secure signing of official documents on my laptop until the last major win10 update in august. (1903) After that the gemalto card stopped working... The problem is, that a win10 service for smartcard-s starts and...
  5. Virtual Machine is not reading Smart Card reader and Smart card after Windows update.

Virtual Machine is not reading Smart Card reader and Smart card after Windows update.: Environment: WIN10 v1607 ENT N 2016 2016 / Virtual Machine - (Physical desktops with updates operate correctly) Since installing latest updates, all VM's will not read the certificates. However both objects "SCR35xx Smart Card Reader" and "Smart Card" -ARE- shown in device...
  6. SD card reader problem

SD card reader problem: Hi, so my father was using a Windows 7 machine, and with this PC he would use a verbatim 15in1 reader. When he would insert his card, Windows would allow him to automatically move any picture and video files to a specific sub folder on his hard drive and also label each file...
  7. Smart Card Reader driver problem

Smart Card Reader driver problem: Hello! So, I ended up here because I didn't know what else to do. I have a problem with my Smart Card Reader(ID-Card). Windows doesn't let me install drivers for it manually, neither did it install them automatically. It all happened after updating Windows to the Anniversary...
  8. Card reader problem with build 14316

Card reader problem with build 14316: Since this update my card reader caused me considerable grief, 15-20 mins to boot. This was a card powered by a PCI card. Removing the PCI card and card reader solved the problem. So I bought a reader that plugged into a USB 2 header on my motherboard, but this does not work...
  9. Excel asking for a Smart Card but no reader ever installed

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel asking for a Smart Card but no reader ever installed: When Excel is asked to: Open a spreadsheet containing unsigned macros, AND Excel's macro security is set to "Disable all macros except digitally signed macros" I get a "Connect a smart card" message. The message says it is from "Windows Security" (See attachment.) I...
  10. Can't uninstall Ricoh Bay8Controller (smart card reader)

Can't uninstall Ricoh Bay8Controller (smart card reader): I can't uninstall the Ricoh Bay8Controller. I've tried disabling it in my Device Manager, uninstalling the driver, uninstalling the entire device, but it won't work permanently: after a reboot, the device shows up again. I want to uninstall it, because it always shows up...