Windows 10: Windows Update "Something didn't go as planned" Restarting in Loop after Driver Power State...

Discus and support Windows Update "Something didn't go as planned" Restarting in Loop after Driver Power State... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As summarized above, a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 attempted to restart to install a Windows update. The update gets to about 96% completion, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tyler Workman, May 23, 2023.

1. Windows Update "Something didn't go as planned" Restarting in Loop after Driver Power State...

As summarized above, a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 attempted to restart to install a Windows update. The update gets to about 96% completion, then blue screens with the error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, before displaying the "Something didn't go as planned, undoing changes" screen, powering down, and restarting to re-attempt the update. This cycle repeats itself.Already booted into repair mode and attempted to have windows auto-repair whatever issue occurred, it did not work. Because of the windows update, I can't get into the control panel to try and roll back drivers.I can't recall the

:)

Tyler Workman, May 23, 2023
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, May 23, 2023
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Driver Power State Error

Hi Michelle,

Based on the details provided, the error "Driver power state failure" is due to incompatible driver. Were you able
    to access your PC? If you do, we recommend that your display adapter and check if there are any changes. To update your display adapter, follow these steps:

• Right-click
      on the
      Start menu
      and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand
      Display adapters,
      right-click
      on your
      graphic driver, and choose
      Properties.

• Under
      Driver tab, click on
      Update Driver.

• After updating,
      restart
      your PC and monitor for any changes.

If the issue persists, kindly
    update the driver manually
    by downloading the latest driver update available in your manufacturer's website and install it.

For more information and other possible troubleshooting for the
    Blue Screen Error: Driver power state failure, kindly refer to this
    link.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 23, 2023
  4. Windows Update "Something didn't go as planned" Restarting in Loop after Driver Power State...

Laptop won`t shutdown, Driver Power State Failure WIN10

I made an another clean install of windows 10, disabled everything, didn`t install any update or any device. Started shutting down pc for testing.

First 7 times it shutdown perfectly under 10 seconds, then I tried restart, then shutdown again, shutdown time increased to 3-5 minutes. But no error was given, no power drive state failure.

After that, I installed windows update, now I'm getting Power drive state failure error, and I found the minidump, here is the link;

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Thank you very much for your time.

BarışAkyüz, May 23, 2023
Thema:

Windows Update "Something didn't go as planned" Restarting in Loop after Driver Power State...

1. Windows Update "Something didn't go as planned" Restarting in Loop after Driver Power State... - Similar Threads - Update Something didn't

2. Update error on finial install "Something didn't go as planned"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update error on finial install "Something didn't go as planned": Hello Everyone hope you are doing good,I am on windows 11 insider program and i in the beta program of it everytime i am try to install an update called "Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2841 KB5032286" when i am doing the final step when the laptop...
  3. Update error on finial install "Something didn't go as planned"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update error on finial install "Something didn't go as planned": Hello Everyone hope you are doing good,I am on windows 11 insider program and i in the beta program of it everytime i am try to install an update called "Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2841 KB5032286" when i am doing the final step when the laptop...
  4. Windows Update "Something didn't go as planned" Restarting in Loop after Driver Power State...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update "Something didn't go as planned" Restarting in Loop after Driver Power State...: As summarized above, a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 attempted to restart to install a Windows update. The update gets to about 96% completion, then blue screens with the error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, before displaying the "Something didn't go as planned, undoing...
  5. Always getting "Something didn't go as planned" after 2023.04 Cumulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always getting "Something didn't go as planned" after 2023.04 Cumulative update: Hi I have been trying to install the 2023.04 Cumulative update for windows 11.Whenever I install it my laptop says. "Something didn't go as planned" and reverts to before the update. Will provide more Info if needed. Any help appreciated!...
  6. Always getting "Something didn't go as planned" after 2023.04 Cumulative update

Always getting "Something didn't go as planned" after 2023.04 Cumulative update: Hi I have been trying to install the 2023.04 Cumulative update for windows 11.Whenever I install it my laptop says. "Something didn't go as planned" and reverts to before the update. Will provide more Info if needed. Any help appreciated!...
  7. after applying a windows update, pc says something didn't go as planned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after applying a windows update, pc says something didn't go as planned: after applying a windows update, pc says something didn't go as planned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-applying-a-windows-update-pc-says-something/82325523-3d0c-4fb4-b509-d3565e2bbf7b
  8. after applying a windows update, pc says something didn't go as planned

after applying a windows update, pc says something didn't go as planned: after applying a windows update, pc says something didn't go as planned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-applying-a-windows-update-pc-says-something/82325523-3d0c-4fb4-b509-d3565e2bbf7b
  9. Windows 11 can't update - "Something didn't go as planned"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't update - "Something didn't go as planned": Hi everyone! I have some trouble that every time I want to update my Windows, the screen always says "Something didn't go as planned. No need to worry-undoing changes. Please keep your computer on". The upcoming update stated 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for...
  10. Windows 11 can't update - "Something didn't go as planned"

Windows 11 can't update - "Something didn't go as planned": Hi everyone! I have some trouble that every time I want to update my Windows, the screen always says "Something didn't go as planned. No need to worry-undoing changes. Please keep your computer on". The upcoming update stated 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for...