Windows 10: Windows Update "something went wrong" and troubleshooter failure

Discus and support Windows Update "something went wrong" and troubleshooter failure in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Apparently another W10 feature update was attacking my computer a short time ago this evening. During a restart it told me this was what it was doing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bwprager123, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Windows Update "something went wrong" and troubleshooter failure

Apparently another W10 feature update was attacking my computer a short time ago this evening. During a restart it told me this was what it was doing. After booting back up, I wanted to see what changed. I opened "Windows Update" in Settings; but it would not load. "Windows Update" repeatedly says "something went wrong. Try opening Settings later." What? Later? Why? WUpdate Troubleshooter also failed to find what is wrong.
    After this I opened Control Panel to try to find information in "security and maintenance"...
    There, in the Critical Errors section are hundreds of instances of the following error: Every few minutes, another error. I have not been able to find out what this is; it appears to be important, and may have something to do with the attack from Microsoft delivered through Windows Update today. I cannot open Windows Update though, as I said, it crashes and will not tell me what the latest update was or if it was installed or not, and whether or not these are all connected phenomema.

I hope someone can help. Thank you all for your interest.

Here is the error info, of which there are hundreds of listings, reached using Windows 10's "reliability monitor" in System and Maintenance in the Control Panel.

Source
    MoUSO Core Worker Process

Summary
    Stopped working

Date
    ‎7/‎13/‎2020 11:43 PM

Status
    Report sent

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\mousocoreworker.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BEX64
    Application Name: mousocoreworker.exe
    Application Version: 10.0.19041.329
    Application Timestamp: a259d978
    Fault Module Name: ucrtbase.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: bd1e2564
    Exception Offset: 000000000007284e
    Exception Code: c0000409
    Exception Data: 0000000000000007
    OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 574f
    Additional Information 2: 574ff8c5749145ac5f5bd17be721e196
    Additional Information 3: 4702
    Additional Information 4: 470222d2a75534444097fc1599d73be4

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 21876b787542a6e710bda67b6f1bad46 1206303324280433990

:)

bwprager123, Jul 14, 2020

2. Cortana - Constant "Something Went Wrong"

So every search I do with Cortana returns "Something Went Wrong". I have websearch turned off because I don't want to use websearches, I just want to search my machine.

Here is an example typed into the cortana search box "Firewall Settings"... I get "something went wrong" and a list of suggestions of "other places to look"... one of those is settings... if I go to settings and type "Firewall Settings" it finds what I want
    right away.

Why can't Cortana?

JHyerXPS13, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Tapachino Win User
    Something went wrong, Please try again later. (Win10 Upgrade)

I was getting the same error message that something went wrong and try again later. As suggested, I went to the Windows Update icon in the control panel and found that Windows 10 was still downloading. I imagine when this is complete I will be able to
    go to the next step. I think the "next step" is showing prematurely and you have to wait for the download to finish.

Tapachino, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Windows Update "something went wrong" and troubleshooter failure

windows 10 camera something went wrong

• If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue. That did not show up for step 3 and
      it keeps saying
    Something went wrong

Sorry, we weren't able to save the photo or video.

If you need it, here's the error code: 0xA00F424F

And it always says that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE HELP ME!!!

MiloKitten, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update "something went wrong" and troubleshooter failure

1. Windows Update "something went wrong" and troubleshooter failure - Similar Threads - Update something went

2. Windows Update: Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update: Something went wrong: Split from this thread. i am facing problem to update windowas i mentioned above here i was attached to log files link created by farber scan tool for your ready referance pl advicehttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11V7JWiVPUL74QIWpYddubP-wz5S52Tlm?usp=drive_link...
  3. Windows Update: Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update: Something went wrong: Split from this thread. i am facing problem to update windowas i mentioned above here i was attached to log files link created by farber scan tool for your ready referance pl advicehttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11V7JWiVPUL74QIWpYddubP-wz5S52Tlm?usp=drive_link...
  4. Windows Update: Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update: Something went wrong: Split from this thread. Hello! I am having the same problem and have done the steps you have listed, could I upload my two logs as well? I have been experiencing this issue for months now and haven't been able to fix it no matter what I try.Help...
  5. Windows Update: Something went wrong

Windows Update: Something went wrong: Split from this thread. Hello! I am having the same problem and have done the steps you have listed, could I upload my two logs as well? I have been experiencing this issue for months now and haven't been able to fix it no matter what I try.Help...
  6. Something went wrong

Something went wrong: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  7. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  8. Something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something went wrong?: hey i can't use windows insider program. before appeared to me "To manage the Windows Insider Program...you'll need to turn on optional diagnostic data" but i searched on google and found this solution...
  9. Windows Update - "Something went wrong"

Windows Update - "Something went wrong": Hello, Windows Update has stopped working - if I check for updates, I'm told "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later." I've tried the Virtual Agent Get Help, the Windows Update Troubleshooter, and the Windows 10 Update Assistant, but none of them helped. The...
  10. Windows Update 'something went wrong'

Windows Update 'something went wrong': I have been getting this error on my computer with Windows Update claiming 'Something went wrong' [ATTACH] I've been waiting for the feature update 20H1 because I'm using such a buggy, broken Insider Preview and I want to back to retail without having to reinstall...