Windows 10: Windows Update -- Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later

Discus and support Windows Update -- Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After mistakenly applying recent recommended Windows updates, system is now unstable:1. Can NOT open a folder in File Explorer--receive infamous "Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobertDeMaree, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Windows Update -- Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later

After mistakenly applying recent recommended Windows updates, system is now unstable:1. Can NOT open a folder in File Explorer--receive infamous "Not Responding" message;2. No longer able to save files to C:\--receive "You are not permitted to save files to this location...";3. Excessive hard drive activity going on, even if there are NO applications running;4. Can NOT open Windows Update--receive "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later";Since I am now unable to open the Windows Update--I am unable to undo the recent "update"

:)

RobertDeMaree, Sep 30, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Win Update: Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later.

Again, thank you for your reply.

Had you used the MajorGeeks site I gave you per your request, the download should have been fairly easy.

If you don't like that either, then for your future reference, Softpedia.com is another reliable host site for many good programs.

And of course, if you don't like those, you can use Google to find more download options.

When I've suggested this program in other threads, people typically haven't had difficulty running it.

First boot to Safe Mode.
    Then run the program.
    Then work through options

Windows Update -- Something went wrong.  Try to reopen Settings later [​IMG]

Getting started/1/2/3/4

- these are sensible steps and basic checks.
    - if you are sufficiently confident, you can skip 1 or more.

Then Backup Tools - if you wish e.g. to create a Restore Point.
    Then Repairs Main, Open Repairs - and select only the repair you want. (Windows Update).

Have you considered reading the Help file?

Windows Update -- Something went wrong.  Try to reopen Settings later [​IMG]

dalchina, Sep 30, 2022
  3. "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later" In windows updates.

The issue is Windows Store's apps and games couldn't update with the addition of windows update tab only reading out "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later." I have searched on solutions but none are similar to my situation. Any word back would be appreciated! I am thinking of resetting of some sorts because I have tried everything.

EthanCruz1, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Ug Ker Win User

Windows Update -- Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later

Windows 10 Update (Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later)

Everytime i enter windows update i cant see nothing in Windows Update tab, only "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later" .

3 days have went by of me trying to fix this, but nothing is working...

The troubleshoot shows nothing wrong...

Tried to reset the pc but i got an error (something went wrong)...

When i try to scan the disk it always gives me an error

Did sfc /scandisk in safe mode there was no problem

Ug Ker, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Windows Update -- Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later

1. Windows Update -- Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later - Similar Threads - Update Something went

2. Something went wrong try to reopen settings later.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong try to reopen settings later.: Hi sir recently I have deleted some temp files seeing youtube video to clean up c drive memory.But later my update windows got blank and there is showing a sentence that is''Something went wrong try to reopen settings later.''But later according to youtube I saw that some...
  3. Something went wrong try to reopen settings later.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong try to reopen settings later.: Hi sir recently I have deleted some temp files seeing youtube video to clean up c drive memory.But later my update windows got blank and there is showing a sentence that is''Something went wrong try to reopen settings later.''But later according to youtube I saw that some...
  4. Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later.: So I was downgrading Windows 11 to 10, doing some tricks on how to speed up the PC, I've also set up a system restorein case of error but after that, something's weird... I've never received any update notificationsSystem is slowApps cannot update/installeven Microsoft Store...
  5. Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later.

Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later.: So I was downgrading Windows 11 to 10, doing some tricks on how to speed up the PC, I've also set up a system restorein case of error but after that, something's weird... I've never received any update notificationsSystem is slowApps cannot update/installeven Microsoft Store...
  6. Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later.": So I'm trying to update windows Windows 11Everytime I go to the Windows Update menu, I get this:I was told to check for "Update Orchestrator Service" in services.msc, however, it's nowhere to be found in services.Is there anyway I can fix this without resetting/reinstalling...
  8. "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later."

"Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later.": So I'm trying to update windows Windows 11Everytime I go to the Windows Update menu, I get this:I was told to check for "Update Orchestrator Service" in services.msc, however, it's nowhere to be found in services.Is there anyway I can fix this without resetting/reinstalling...
  9. "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later"

"Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later": I keep getting this notice every time I try to get updates. I've tried every procedure I could find on the internet including some from this site, even a Fresh install of Windows 10 - nothing has solved the problem. I have 10 other machines with Windows 10 and never had this...
  10. something went wrong try to reopen settings later

something went wrong try to reopen settings later: i am trying to update to my window 10 its error show that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong-try-to-reopen-settings-later/f8cd58c3-b86d-47da-ad5b-fe5ec6c9c46b