Windows 10: Windows Update Stalled - unable to reboot

Discus and support Windows Update Stalled - unable to reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey[ATTACH] The latest Windows Update has frozen / stalled - what ever you wish to call it. 37 hrs later it is still on 91%. Have powered down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yesihavesquareeyes, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Windows Update Stalled - unable to reboot

Hey Windows Update Stalled - unable to reboot 1854d827-0497-43d8-95c6-b842ed64cfb1?upload=true.jpg

The latest Windows Update has frozen / stalled - what ever you wish to call it.

37 hrs later it is still on 91%.

Have powered down using Power button. When I turn it back on, it starts on the 'update page'. No boot, no intro, nothing, just straight to that page again.

Tried ctl+alt+del which does nothing.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

:)

Yesihavesquareeyes, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 update stall at 99%

Hi Trevor,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

When you say 'update to Windows 10 stalling at 99%' are you referring to upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck or unable to update Windows to different builds?

If your upgrade to Windows 10 Is stuck at 99% then refer the link below suggested by
    Ander Da Costa on May 6, 2016 and follow the steps suggested.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

If you are referring to Windows updates then follow the steps and check.

Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 20, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. P4-630 Win User

Windows Update Stalled - unable to reboot

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Ok I did another reboot, disabled windows update service, did step 3 again, this time it installed an update, enabled windows update service and did a reboot and voila!! *Peace Windows Update Stalled - unable to reboot :peace:

Windows Update Stalled - unable to reboot 20160416_190650-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update Stalled - unable to reboot

1. Windows Update Stalled - unable to reboot - Similar Threads - Update Stalled unable

2. Windows update stalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update stalled: My desktop said to restart to finish install of windows 11 updates. I clicked restart. Now it is stalled. All I get is a black screen with the spinning dots and the message "You're 20% there. Please keep your computer on." There are no icons to click on. What do I need to do?...
  3. Windows update stalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update stalled: My desktop said to restart to finish install of windows 11 updates. I clicked restart. Now it is stalled. All I get is a black screen with the spinning dots and the message "You're 20% there. Please keep your computer on." There are no icons to click on. What do I need to do?...
  4. Win 10 reboot stalls

in Cortana
    Win 10 reboot stalls: Dual system win 7 and recently installed or tried to install win 10 via Media tool. Each OS on separate hd's. When I was informed that the computer would now shut down after installing all files and reboot....it did shut down but never rebooted. I have a bcd program that...
  5. Win 10 reboot stalls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 reboot stalls: Dual system win 7 and recently installed or tried to install win 10 via Media tool. Each OS on separate hd's. When I was informed that the computer would now shut down after installing all files and reboot....it did shut down but never rebooted. I have a bcd program that...
  6. Win 10 reboot stalls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Update stalled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stalled: I am stalled at different percentages each time I try. Once , I got to 99% but I hit pause updates by mistake and it didn't finish. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-stalled/f769f5a5-a68e-4f7e-b6fb-00bea2f395fa
  8. Update stall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stall: Windows 10 update says I need to Manually uninstall MCafee VirusScan Enterprise Edition. I don't have the program, I have gone to their website for help, received this Run Command, "msiexec /x {CE15D1B6-19B6-4D4D-8F43-CF5D2C3356FF} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R" Ran it, Says "This...
  9. Stalled Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stalled Updates?: That is what it looks like to me on my wife's computer: 1. Before the Feb2018 Cumulative Update even started to download, updates for Malicious Software and Defender Antivirus were shown as waiting to install. 2. Cumulative downloaded, has been on install 100% for at...
  10. Updates Stalled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates Stalled: I've been out of town for about 10 days, knew that build 10130 was available so I fired up the PC to get the update. The problem is I have a couple of other updates downloading but they have stalled. I've shut down and restarted 2 times hoping they would continue but now...