Windows 10: Windows Update Standalone Installer stuck on Searching for updates on this computer

Discus and support Windows Update Standalone Installer stuck on Searching for updates on this computer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time we download a standalone installer directly from Microsoft. It’s faster, and even though it’s not completely offline, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 18, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows Update Standalone Installer stuck on Searching for updates on this computer

WinClub, May 18, 2019

2. Search for installed updates

Go to add/remove programs and enable showing of Windows updates

eidairaman1, May 18, 2019
  3. nkatsar Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Pros:
    • No need for a script, easy to apply manually
    • Much smaller download, seems that KB3020369 is not required, only SP1 is needed
    Cons:
    • Windows Update Client downloaded by the script is newer (June 2016 version is included in KB3172605 instead of March 2016)
    • You will still need to download/install hundreds of updates afterwards, most of them are already included in KB3125574 and installed by the script

nkatsar, May 18, 2019
  4. Arctucas Win User

Windows Update Standalone Installer stuck on Searching for updates on this computer

Search for installed updates

W7 U x64 SP1

I wanted to see if I had a particular update installed.

I know there used to be a search box under Installed Updates. Now there is not. When did this change and is there a way to get it back?

TIA

Arctucas, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Update Standalone Installer stuck on Searching for updates on this computer - Similar Threads - Update Standalone Installer

2. Windows Server 2016 Standalone Installer Update Stuck on Searching for Other Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2016 Standalone Installer Update Stuck on Searching for Other Updates: Hi there,We are currently encounter problems updating Windows Server 2016 using standalone installers.The server is not connected to the internet so we manually download the Windows update standalone installer and transfer it to the server.We then run the standalone installer...
  3. Windows Server 2016 Standalone Installer Update Stuck on Searching for Other Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2016 Standalone Installer Update Stuck on Searching for Other Updates: Hi there,We are currently encounter problems updating Windows Server 2016 using standalone installers.The server is not connected to the internet so we manually download the Windows update standalone installer and transfer it to the server.We then run the standalone installer...
  4. Windows Standalone Update Installer says Update is not applicable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Standalone Update Installer says Update is not applicable: I am trying to update a few older machines that are running Windows 10 1809. I am trying to update them with http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/secu/2021/07/windows10.0-kb5004947-x64_c00ea7cdbfc6c5c637873b3e5305e56fafc4c074.msu to address the...
  5. Windows standalone update installer keeps running

Windows standalone update installer keeps running: I tried to manually install the most current monthly update in windows 10cumulative or security? but windows standalone update installer has been stuck on 'searching for updates on this computer' for about 2 hours. Only option on the small notification box is 'cancel' but...
  6. Window Update Standalone Installer Issue.

Window Update Standalone Installer Issue.: Good day all, I have recently upgraded my computer windows 10 pro version 2004. shortly afterwards I noticed that my previously installed RSAT tools are no longer available. Sighting this I attempted to reinstall it. At that point, I received the error message RSAT...
  7. Windows update standalone Installer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update standalone Installer: i tried to install RSAT applications but i get the below error. Please advise ASAP. My system is windows 10 Home Single language. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-standalone-installer/64a7951f-ab26-4e99-96de-2a5d3bae8935
  8. Windows standalone Installer Update for antivirus not applicable

Windows standalone Installer Update for antivirus not applicable: Dear Microsoft team, I have encountered an issue when installing windows update Windows 6.1 KB4474419 64 Bit for my antivirus, Sophos update. I have previous send an email regarding about this on the 8 of june but still have not yet receive an update or reply. Please...
  9. Windows Update Standalone Installer : The Update is not applicable to your computer.

Windows Update Standalone Installer : The Update is not applicable to your computer.: I get this when trying to manually install to the latest update (currently 1903) from 1803 (OS Build 17134.885). I've attempted to run the windows troubleshooter and it finds no errors. It does find an error about "registration" or something when I run the troubleshooter in...
  10. Install stuck at searching for updates

Install stuck at searching for updates: Installing Windows 10 directly on this pc from media creation tool. When it gets to 'searching for updates' it gets stuck a 0%. Any thoughts? Thanks!! 13749

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 2012 update standalone installer searching for updates

2. searching for updates on this computer standalone update stuck

3. searching for updates on this computer stuck