Windows 10: Windows Update Standalone Installer stuck on Searching for updates on this computer

Discus and support Windows Update Standalone Installer stuck on Searching for updates on this computer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time we download a standalone installer directly from Microsoft. It’s faster, and even though it’s not completely offline, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 18, 2019 at 2:23 AM.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows Update Standalone Installer stuck on Searching for updates on this computer

2. Search for installed updates

Go to add/remove programs and enable showing of Windows updates

3. nkatsar Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Pros:
    • No need for a script, easy to apply manually
    • Much smaller download, seems that KB3020369 is not required, only SP1 is needed
    Cons:
    • Windows Update Client downloaded by the script is newer (June 2016 version is included in KB3172605 instead of March 2016)
    • You will still need to download/install hundreds of updates afterwards, most of them are already included in KB3125574 and installed by the script

4. Arctucas Win User

Windows Update Standalone Installer stuck on Searching for updates on this computer

Search for installed updates

W7 U x64 SP1

I wanted to see if I had a particular update installed.

I know there used to be a search box under Installed Updates. Now there is not. When did this change and is there a way to get it back?

TIA

Thema:

1. Windows Update Standalone Installer stuck on Searching for updates on this computer - Similar Threads - Update Standalone Installer

2. LCU KB4494441 (OS Build 17763.503) will not install. Not standalone, not regular update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LCU KB4494441 (OS Build 17763.503) will not install. Not standalone, not regular update.: LCU KB4494441 (OS Build 17763.503) will not install. Not standalone, not regular update. I have a brand new windows 10 install. I want to un-install (SSU) (KB4499728), re-install, and try to re-install kb4494441. No information on how to un-install (SSU) (KB4499728). Win...
  3. Windows Update Standalone Installer Error 0x80096002

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update Standalone Installer Error 0x80096002: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At times, when using a Windows Update Standalone Installer to install Windows Updates, you may see error code 0x80096002. If you face this issue, here is what you can do to resolve the issue and install the update on your [...] This post Windows Update...
  4. Comparison of Windows 7 and Windows 10 standalone updates.

Comparison of Windows 7 and Windows 10 standalone updates.: Hi, We know that a lot has changed in terms of Windows updates for Windows 7/2008 and Windows 10/2016. There are no more delta updates in Windows 10/2016) and standalone installation of the cumulative updates takes considerably more time. Has anyone else faced this? Do we...
  5. Windows Update Stuck at 100% Installing

Windows Update Stuck at 100% Installing: [ATTACH] It has been stuck at "Installing -100%" for many hours and I've ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter multiple times and it hasn't helped. I don't know how to fix it and Modern Setup Host has been using up about 25% of my CPU so I can't really use my PC for gaming...
  6. Windows Update Standalone not applicable error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update Standalone not applicable error: My system is Windows 10 HP PC, - 64, version 1803. I tried to install the Media Features Pack but received a message Windows Update Standalone not applicable. How can I proceed with the process? Media Features Pack wants to manage icloud storage....
  7. Windows Update Standalone Installer error 0x80096002 in Windows 10

Windows Update Standalone Installer error 0x80096002 in Windows 10: When I am trying to install Windows Virtual PC on my Dell 7577 win10 I am getting the error "Windows Update Standalone Installer error 0x80096002 in Windows 10. The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found". Also, I am not able able able to change the...
  8. computer is stuck in "update" loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer is stuck in "update" loop: Hi, I recently got a new laptop and found it didn't have enough memory, so to get it ready to send back I wiped the data from it. However I learned of something I could do about the memory, so I turned it back on and it showed the dell logo then asked me for my country...
  9. Deleting Microsoft Update Standalone Packages

Deleting Microsoft Update Standalone Packages: I have upgraded to Win10 1809 and want to free up some disk space. Do I need the old MUSP installation packages that presently linger in my downloads folder?...
  10. Install stuck at searching for updates

Install stuck at searching for updates: Installing Windows 10 directly on this pc from media creation tool. When it gets to 'searching for updates' it gets stuck a 0%. Any thoughts? Thanks!! 13749

Users found this page by searching for:

1. searching for updates on this computer stuck