Windows 10: Windows Update Sticky Notes Minimize Issue

Discus and support Windows Update Sticky Notes Minimize Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It used to be when you clicked on your Sticky Notes icon on the task bar it would minimize/maximize all of them. Now it only brings up this menu (see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelShaft, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Windows Update Sticky Notes Minimize Issue

It used to be when you clicked on your Sticky Notes icon on the task bar it would minimize/maximize all of them. Now it only brings up this menu (see picture below) causing you to click on every note individually and minimize them one by one. Literally took me over 5 minutes just clicking minimize on all my notes, and I'm not looking forward to doing this every time i want to access my notes. This is not a bug or an issue just effecting me but a new feature, I've seen other people talking about this in the past 2 days. I really hope this gets removed or that they give the option of minimizing/maximizing all at once. Because little things like this are why I hate updating windows yet they will secretly update my computer during the night anyways.

Anyways I mainly want to make this issue more known, because people like me who use many sticky notes are now EXTREMELY inconvenienced

Windows Update Sticky Notes Minimize Issue e82a5a38-d377-456d-bd99-34100aee974b?upload=true.png

(this Isn't even all my notes, it just cant show them all on this pop-up menu)

:)

MichaelShaft, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Sticky Notes

Hi Angie,

There are several factors why your sticky notes may have an issue. It can be due to outdated application or wrong configuration settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried checking the Settings?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you may follow the steps provided by Jaz333
    on this
    thread
    . It will let you use the old sticky notes.

Keeps us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Windows Update Sticky Notes Minimize Issue

Win 10 v1709 update and missing Sticky Notes

Hi,

There is a possibility that the Sticky Notes were unexpectedly deleted on your desktop due to some errors while the update is being installed. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need to know which build and edition of Windows 10 is currently
    installed on your PC.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest recovering the lost Sticky Notes by following these steps:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Type %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\StickyNotes.snt in the address bar and then hit the Enter key.
    • Look for StickyNotes.snt file and then open it with Notepad or Microsoft Word.
    • Look for the missing notes in .snt file, copy and paste it into a new Sticky Notes.

To avoid issues with missing Sticky Notes, it will be best to back them up. You can follow the steps provided by
    Jennifer Bri in this thread. It serves as a guide on how to back up and restore
    Sticky notes in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update Sticky Notes Minimize Issue

1. Windows Update Sticky Notes Minimize Issue - Similar Threads - Update Sticky Notes

2. Sticky Notes Note Updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  3. Sticky Notes Note Updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  4. I don't want sticky notes to minimize

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't want sticky notes to minimize: Hello! Is it possible to get sticky notes to actually stick to the desktop, pretty much making them a part of the desktop? Meaning that when I click minimize for instance bottom right corner the notes, as part of the desktop, does not minimize. cheers Claes...
  5. Sticky Notes issue

Sticky Notes issue: I linked Microsoft account for the account itself, Sticky Notes and the calendar. They are all with outlook.com emails although I do have 2 more emails added as a secondary ones for the single account. Yet in Sticky Notes, when I put down a time or a date, it DOES NOT turn...
  6. minimize sticky notes not working

minimize sticky notes not working: I am trying to minimize my sticky notes and for some reason that easy option is gone for me. I tried to click the taskbar icon, or alt F4, bit options are not working...
  7. Sticky Notes keeps minimizing after 1903 update

Sticky Notes keeps minimizing after 1903 update: Good Morning After updating to Feature Update 1903 I have one user whos sticky note keep minimizing any time she opens another app, like Outlook for example. She then has to select each note individually on the task bar and restore it to be 'stuck' out on the desktop....
  8. windows sticky notes won't minimize at once

windows sticky notes won't minimize at once: It's so frustrating! it happen since one of the upgrades on Windows build 1903 it doent happen to me on another computer on windows build 1803 Here is the problem video captured: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dewGuwYyQjQ...
  9. sticky notes issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sticky notes issue: StickyNotes.snt file is not showing in the directory C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes after upgrading the windows 10 1809 OS into the "Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18343) (18343.19h1_release.190219-1422)", I lost my valuable data, please help...
  10. Sticky notes updating 3.0118 issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sticky notes updating 3.0118 issues: On one of my PCs sticky notes has been updated to the latest version 3.0.118.0. However on 2 of my laptops it seems stuck at version 2.1.18.0. I've tried getting the store to check for updates, as well as manually removing the app and re-installing it from the store, but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows sticky notes keep maximizing

2. sticky note will not minimize in windows 10