Windows 10: Windows update stops AC power from working.

Discus and support Windows update stops AC power from working. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Lately, everytime windows runs an update and shuts down my laptop, it won't turn back on unless I unplug the charger. It gets stuck in this loop when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VeroniqueBreault, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Windows update stops AC power from working.

Lately, everytime windows runs an update and shuts down my laptop, it won't turn back on unless I unplug the charger. It gets stuck in this loop when its plugged in... I hear it try to turn on make a click then turn off. I have to unplug it to boot it up properly on battery power. After the laptop is turned on I can re-plug the charger and it charges normally. This only happens when I get a windows update.

Acer aspire E 15 running windows 10.

:)

VeroniqueBreault, Oct 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 Unplug Power and Wi-Fi Stops

Hi Ashraful,

To better assist you, kindly answer these questions:

• When did the issue occur?
    • Did you get an error message?
    Meanwhile, kindly follow the troubleshooting steps provided by Suvarna Govinda
    on this post.

Let us know how it goes.

Raymond Ave, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Wake up from sleep with Microsoft AC Adapter

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern to restart the laptop from sleep mode when connected to AC power adapter.

Please be informed us if you are facing any problem with while waking the computer from sleep mode.

I suggest you to update the drivers for AC power adapter from
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps :

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand AC Power Adapter.
    • Right on the W and click on Update driver software.

If the drivers are updated, you will not have the option to Update Driver Software.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter
      that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

Restart the computer and download, install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Windows update stops AC power from working.

Why my PC froze but unplugging or replugging the AC power make the PC back to the normal state?

Hi Mafield,

There's a huge possibility that there's an issue with your AC device or its cables. Since you mentioned that the issue is only happening before you unplug and re-plug AC, the problem is mostly isolated. We suggest that you try to use other AC device or cable
    (if there's available) and check if you're still experiencing the same issue. We also suggest that you get in touch with the manufacturer of your AC device and have it checked if you confirmed that the issue is really with it.

You may also try to run the Power Troubleshooter to scan if there's any power issue with your computer and to have automatic fix. You may follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel by performing search on the search field or Cortana.
    • Click View by at the upper right part of the page, then select
      Large icons.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • At the left menu, click View all.
    • Click Power to run the power troubleshooter, then check if you're still experiencing the issue.

For reference that might be helpful to you, kindly check this out:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Feel free to post back if you have further questions or future concerns.

Lawrence Lib, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows update stops AC power from working.

1. Windows update stops AC power from working. - Similar Threads - update stops power

2. Laptop AC Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop AC Power: Should I always use AC power on laptop when it is available or drain battery , discharge it for sometime ?There are these in my laptop manual.- Use AC power whenever possible, reserving battery for mobile use.- Excessive recharging decreases the battery life....
  3. Laptop AC Power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop AC Power: Should I always use AC power on laptop when it is available or drain battery , discharge it for sometime ?There are these in my laptop manual.- Use AC power whenever possible, reserving battery for mobile use.- Excessive recharging decreases the battery life....
  4. Laptop AC Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. AC Power for Windows Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AC Power for Windows Laptop: My computer's Windows Laptop AC charger just stopped working, but I can still charge using USB C. I have checked the charging cord for damage and found non. I have tried windows update and checking for new drivers. Under the "batteries" section, I only have "Surface Battery"...
  6. AC Power for Windows Laptop

AC Power for Windows Laptop: My computer's Windows Laptop AC charger just stopped working, but I can still charge using USB C. I have checked the charging cord for damage and found non. I have tried windows update and checking for new drivers. Under the "batteries" section, I only have "Surface Battery"...
  7. AC power light is off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AC power light is off: HI ihave a question,in my laptop Toshiba Satllite,model P55-A5312 The AC Power Liht is off,butt the laptop is working ok,how can i fix the ACpower light be on when i turn on my laptop?...
  8. AC power light is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AC power light is off: HI ihave a question,in my laptop Toshiba Satllite,model P55-A5312 The AC Power Liht is off,butt the laptop is working ok,how can i fix the ACpower light be on when i turn on my laptop?...
  9. AC power light is off

10. Screen Flickering on AC Power - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Flickering on AC Power - Windows 10: My screen is extremely flickering/ blacking out when on power. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 710s with a Intel Graphics 620 display adapter. When I roll back the display adapter to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter the problem almost entirely vanishes, but still flickers very...