Windows 10: WINDOWS UPDATE STOPS WORKING

Discus and support WINDOWS UPDATE STOPS WORKING in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AaronChameilo, May 17, 2021.

1. WINDOWS UPDATE STOPS WORKING

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070057.I installed Kaspersky and it reported 2 dll as Trojan, winscomrssrv.dll, starupchecklibrary.dll and removed it after which I haven't been able to update Windows. The last time I faced this problem I had to use the RESET THIS PC option which wipes out data from my C Drive. I dont want to go through the hassle of doing this all over again. HELP !

:)

AaronChameilo, May 17, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 17, 2021
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, May 17, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

WINDOWS UPDATE STOPS WORKING

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 17, 2021
Thema:

WINDOWS UPDATE STOPS WORKING

1. WINDOWS UPDATE STOPS WORKING - Similar Threads - UPDATE STOPS WORKING

2. Updates completely stopped working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates completely stopped working.: After AI installed on my computer Updates completely stopped working. Cannot get History. Troubleshooter cannot find the issue.* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-completely-stopped-working/8874ea56-49f9-42e0-be4e-c2004cfcac01
  3. Updates completely stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates completely stopped working.: After AI installed on my computer Updates completely stopped working. Cannot get History. Troubleshooter cannot find the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-completely-stopped-working/8874ea56-49f9-42e0-be4e-c2004cfcac01
  4. USBIE Update stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USBIE Update stops working: For the last two days System Reliability shows 'USBIE Update stopped working' eight times in succession. Does anyone know what this update is or how to avoid it ? Description Faulting Application Path: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\invD896_tmp\Executables\UsbUpdate.exe Problem signature...
  5. USBIE Update stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USBIE Update stops working: For the last two days System Reliability shows 'USBIE Update stopped working' eight times in succession. Does anyone know what this update is or how to avoid it ? Description Faulting Application Path: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\invD896_tmp\Executables\UsbUpdate.exe Problem signature...
  6. USBIE Update stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. windows update stopped working

windows update stopped working: This has been going on for months and I've tried using the troubleshooter going on PowerShell but nothing happens I am still on windows 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stopped-working/7b628423-e629-43c1-8f05-fd260e5aa8b8
  8. W10 update stopped working

W10 update stopped working: As per problem prev mentioned in community , 18/1/20, answered by Gary. closed thread. The DISM commands run as administrator suggested dont appear to work. tried the have run chkdsk/f and am getting " getting windows ready" blue screen for a LONG time ! have tried cold...
  9. Updates stopped working

Updates stopped working: Greetings, I have an OMEN HP laptop with windows 10 home. It is still on warranty. 3 days ago my pc began to restart each time it went to sleep and was giving me an error that the battery installed was not an HP-Battery. I never changed the battery nor did I ever open my...
  10. Windows update has stopped working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update has stopped working: Hi there everyone after updating to win10 from 8.1 everything worked fine until today. When I switch pc on I always check for updates but today windows update would not work!! It had worked since upgrade on Monday. Tried rebooting but still not working! any ideas?...