Windows 10: Windows Update Store completely broke please help

Discus and support Windows Update Store completely broke please help in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Ok so I just built a new system and everything up until this morning was working great. I've spent the last 3 days just doing updates, haven't... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by screamthepoetry, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Windows Update Store completely broke please help

Ok so I just built a new system and everything up until this morning was working great. I've spent the last 3 days just doing updates, haven't installed anything else on it yet. Then this morning 1 update is just stuck KB2267602 at 0%. Also nothing in the MS store will download. I've already tried the following;

Reset MS store

Cleared Cache

Logged out then back in

Ran ipconfig/renew & ipconfig/dnsflush

Ran PowerShell commands to Re-register the MS store

Reset Windows update

Deleted contents of SoftwareDistributions folder

Everytime I think I fixed it, it will download full speed for a couple minutes then just stop, occassionally if I leave it going it will download a few kb here or there but for the most part it's just sitting here. I'm ready to pull my hair out because this is a brand new windows installation with nothing but chipset drivers installed on it. I've tested download and upload speeds and everything seems fine. I was able to go and download VisualC++ resist off of the MS website just fine. Same goes for all my drivers. Internet is working fine on it. But it just will NOT download anything using MS services.

Please help

:)

screamthepoetry, Mar 22, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Store completely broke please help :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Windows Update Store completely broke please help

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update Store completely broke please help

1. Windows Update Store completely broke please help - Similar Threads - Update Store completely

2. Pc completely broke..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc completely broke..: My computer’s background is black all the time, right-clicking in file manager makes the app close and the taskbar refresh, all built in windows search bars don’t work, pc is requiring startup option 8 enabled to even turn on, all updates fail to install, I get a...
  3. Pc completely broke..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc completely broke..: My computer’s background is black all the time, right-clicking in file manager makes the app close and the taskbar refresh, all built in windows search bars don’t work, pc is requiring startup option 8 enabled to even turn on, all updates fail to install, I get a...
  4. Windows 10 completely broke :C help ASAP in college

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 completely broke :C help ASAP in college: TL:DR - Tried to reset my pc and install windows 10 again. It restarted randomly during the reinstall and now it loops telling me to restart pc and restart install. But I cant get farther than the loopHello, For a while my pc has been having issues with random blue screens. I...
  5. Windows 10 completely broke :C help ASAP in college

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 completely broke :C help ASAP in college: TL:DR - Tried to reset my pc and install windows 10 again. It restarted randomly during the reinstall and now it loops telling me to restart pc and restart install. But I cant get farther than the loopHello, For a while my pc has been having issues with random blue screens. I...
  6. Windows 10 completely broke :C help ASAP in college

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I broke the Microsoft Store. Help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I broke the Microsoft Store. Help!: I was trying a bunch of different things to get access to the files in the WindowsApps folder. Somehow in the midst of all that, I broke the Microsoft Store and all the apps I downloaded from it. What do I do? I tried renaming the old WindowsApps folder and installing the...
  8. GF Computer Broke! Please Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GF Computer Broke! Please Help: This is my GF Laptop (YT Video). It is an MSI gaming laptop GL63. She wants to know if any one can help her with the issue. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! The flashing is all that happens after you log in. It won't let you do anything. We have done a reinstall...
  9. Windows 10 Completely Broke

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Completely Broke: I have Windows 10. Recently GTA V has been running slower than usual, so I suspected viruses. I scanned for viruses and have none. I opened Edge after not having used it in a long time, and it's not connecting to the internet at all, while Google Chrome is working perfectly....
  10. microsoft store absolutely broke please help.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store absolutely broke please help.: my app store has been broke for ages. the install button is unresponsive and does nothing. i try to run wsreset and it hangs, i reset the stores data and nothing happens, i ran scripts on powershell to reinstall the app store and they dont work, ive ran loads of trouble...