Windows 10: Windows Update Stuck, again

Discus and support Windows Update Stuck, again in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Follow up on one of my previous posts, it wasn't the BSOD. The update is horribly designed. It gets stuck on "Getting Windows Ready: 100%". I'm so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nyrif, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Nyrif Win User

Windows Update Stuck, again

Follow up on one of my previous posts, it wasn't the BSOD. The update is horribly designed. It gets stuck on "Getting Windows Ready: 100%". I'm so close to just switching to linux. The troubleshooter just tells me to try an update it again (same results), or finds nothing wrong with the clearly broken update. EDIT: This post has been rendered useless, a new update just launched and fixed the problem. At least I hope it will.

:)

Nyrif, Oct 12, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 12, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Stuck, again :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 12, 2019
  4. MIkew365 Win User

Windows Update Stuck

Updating my laptop which I haven't used for 6 months.
    I go to Settings, Update and Security, and there are a list of 10 updates, 2 of which say pending install, the others say pending download. Left laptop on overnight and still saying the same this morning.
    Ran Windows Troubleshooting Updates twice, both times found no problem.
    Have good Wi-Fi signal. Have re-booted several times. Now stuck. Can you please suggest how I get round this please.

MIkew365, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Update Stuck, again - Similar Threads - Update Stuck again

2. Windows 11 stuck at bios loading, then working, then stuck again, then working again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck at bios loading, then working, then stuck again, then working again: Hello I run a gaming PC to give you the specs of my PC run an ASRock B550m-c Motherboard I also have a AMD Ryzen 7 3700 8- core processor with a Graphics AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT So my question is every once in a while my PC ever since I put Windows 11 we'll go to the boot...
  3. Windows 11 stuck at bios loading, then working, then stuck again, then working again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stuck at bios loading, then working, then stuck again, then working again: Hello I run a gaming PC to give you the specs of my PC run an ASRock B550m-c Motherboard I also have a AMD Ryzen 7 3700 8- core processor with a Graphics AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT So my question is every once in a while my PC ever since I put Windows 11 we'll go to the boot...
  4. Windows 11 stuck at bios loading, then working, then stuck again, then working again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck at bios loading, then working, then stuck again, then working again: Hello.A few days ago i made a fresh install of W11 but i'm having some problem: when i try to boot it every morning it's stuck at bios loading, then working, then stuck again, then working again!My routine is this: in the morning i boot the PC, first time it will be stuck...
  5. Windows 11 stuck at bios loading, then working, then stuck again, then working again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stuck at bios loading, then working, then stuck again, then working again: Hello.A few days ago i made a fresh install of W11 but i'm having some problem: when i try to boot it every morning it's stuck at bios loading, then working, then stuck again, then working again!My routine is this: in the morning i boot the PC, first time it will be stuck...
  6. Stuck on installing windows at 64% and it is stuck in a loop of booting again and again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on installing windows at 64% and it is stuck in a loop of booting again and again: I bought a new laptop and so I did a reset to my old laptop. The problem That I am facing is it is rebooting again and again and that doesn't allow me to boot it in safe mode. It is switched on for the last 36 hours on the same screen that is- Installing windows 64% it is a...
  7. Stuck at 1% again

Stuck at 1% again: Hello, This always happens when I try to restart this PC "keep files," and I am always stuck on 1%. I did it from the troubleshoot, from the the advance restart, so I can't click "cancel". What should I do? Sorry for the bad grammar, I am in a...
  8. Games getting stuck again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games getting stuck again and again: My settings are all at low, and my games run at 30fps and im ok with that, but every 2 mins, fps drops to 5-10 for a solid minute, before going back upto 30. ive checked and my processor and graphics are at like 70-80 and 80% respectively..so its not throttling, help 143717
  9. Games getting stuck again and again

in Windows 10 Support
    Games getting stuck again and again: My settings are all at low, and my games run at 30fps and im ok with that, but every 2 mins, fps drops to 5-10 for a solid minute, before going back upto 30. ive checked and my processor and graphics are at like 70-80 and 80% respectively..so its not throttling, help 143717
  10. Windows update downloading update again and again.

Windows update downloading update again and again.: I downloaded an update called 19H1; it downloaded 70% and then I turned my PC off, when I started my PC today, the update didn't start from 70% but from 0%, any fix??? it happened like four times. Do anyone has this problem...???...