Windows 10: Windows Update stuck at 0%

Discus and support Windows Update stuck at 0% in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The OP may first want to check if their current system is Windows 10 or Windows 10 Single Language and the base language so they get the right ISO. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DJBenLord, Jul 11, 2017.

1. DJBenLord Win User

Windows Update stuck at 0%

It says this:
    OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    System Locale: en-gb;english (british)

DJBenLord, Jul 12, 2017
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Did you add extra language packs?

Windows Update stuck at 0% [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Jul 12, 2017
  3. DJBenLord Win User
    Yeah, I installed US English.

Windows Update stuck at 0% [​IMG]

DJBenLord, Jul 12, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Looks like the ISO you want is 'Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Windows 10'. The en-gb system locale would suggest the 'English International' language is the one you want. The ISO will contain both Home and Pro.

If you attempt an in-place repair install with an ISO for the wrong language it will tell you that you can't keep your installed apps, so cancel the upgrade and double-check what language you have currently installed.

After the upgrade you may need to reinstall any other language packs you use.

5. f14tomcat Win User
    Thanks, Bree. I just wanted to confirm since his WINVER didn't match his SYSTEMINFO. He should be good to go, watching the details.

f14tomcat, Jul 12, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Yes, looks like the Input locale has been set for Hungarian.

7. DJBenLord Win User
    So, can I do this method? Will I lose any data? If not, do I have to do anything else before I try this?

P.S.: I am sorry, I don't know these kind of stuff yet...

DJBenLord, Jul 12, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

It's always a good idea to back up your files before an upgrade, you could also make a system image on an external HDD to restore the PC as it was before you started. In fact, it's a good idea to have a recent system image at all times. Macrium Reflect (free) is the method most here recommend, but Windows own 'Backup & Restore (Windows 7)' can also make a system image.

Having said that, backups are just a sensible precaution. An in-place repair upgrade should keep all your data, documents and installed apps.

9. DJBenLord Win User
    @Bree Oh, one more thing: Is it possible for me to upgrade to Creators Build? Maybe that will fix the problem if I can.

DJBenLord, Jul 13, 2017
  10. DJBenLord Win User
    OK, so the problem is gone. I did the reset (HUGE thank you @Bree and @f14tomcat for help!), and right after that, it asked me to upgrade to Creators Update. Well, I did upgrade, but now my desktop is acting funky. I am thinking about a revert to 1607, if I won't find a fix to it.

DJBenLord, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update stuck at 0% - Similar Threads - Update stuck

2. Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...: Tried to resolve Windows Update KB5034441 error 0x80070643 by following ever step to the dot from KB5028997.This at the start of the process. I had a perfectly normal machine.-Selected Disk 0, and partition 5. Deleted that partition in diskpart as instructed.-Created a new...
  3. Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...: Tried to resolve Windows Update KB5034441 error 0x80070643 by following ever step to the dot from KB5028997.This at the start of the process. I had a perfectly normal machine.-Selected Disk 0, and partition 5. Deleted that partition in diskpart as instructed.-Created a new...
  4. Stuck at Last Step for KB5028997 while troubleshooting Windows update KB5034441 Error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709: Hi all. I've had this Lenovo Yoga 720 15" laptop since 2017 and have done countless hours and methods of troubleshooting to try and get this thing to update, but it always BSODs for 90% of the Windows updates. Thus, I seem to be permanently stuck on version 1709. I think it...
  6. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709: Hi all. I've had this Lenovo Yoga 720 15" laptop since 2017 and have done countless hours and methods of troubleshooting to try and get this thing to update, but it always BSODs for 90% of the Windows updates. Thus, I seem to be permanently stuck on version 1709. I think it...
  7. Laptop always BSODs when trying to update. Stuck on Windows 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Could not connect: Outdated Client! Realms has updated - Stuck in v1.20.62

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not connect: Outdated Client! Realms has updated - Stuck in v1.20.62: I'm aware that others have encountered this issue but my Minecraft Bedrock edition is stuck in 1.20.62. I have windows 11 as my OS.I have tried resetting my Microsoft Store cache. I have restarted my laptop as there was an update available and I have uninstalled and...
  9. Could not connect: Outdated Client! Realms has updated - Stuck in v1.20.62

Could not connect: Outdated Client! Realms has updated - Stuck in v1.20.62: I'm aware that others have encountered this issue but my Minecraft Bedrock edition is stuck in 1.20.62. I have windows 11 as my OS.I have tried resetting my Microsoft Store cache. I have restarted my laptop as there was an update available and I have uninstalled and...
  10. My computer is stuck on 7% of update and not started and I shut down my computer for many...

My computer is stuck on 7% of update and not started and I shut down my computer for many...: My computer is stuck on 7% of update and not started and I shut down my computer for many times but it's not changed and stuck help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-stuck-on-7-of-update-and-not/631f574a-c24e-41d5-8944-4647123c141a