Windows 10: Windows Update stuck at 100%

Discus and support Windows Update stuck at 100% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've seen this topic addressed in a couple of "locked" threads, neither of which was too helpful to me when it happened. I found a solution for myself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ClydeRothman, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Windows Update stuck at 100%

I've seen this topic addressed in a couple of "locked" threads, neither of which was too helpful to me when it happened. I found a solution for myself and it was pretty easy and straight-forward unlike some of the suggestions in the "locked" threads:

1. Press the power button until the computer turns off.

2. Wait (I waited about 30 minutes).

3. Press the power button to turn computer on.

4. Continuously press ESC to bring up the start menu.

5. Select your hard drive to boot from by pressing enter and then ESC to leave the menu.

Sit back and watch.

In my case, the computer rebooted successfully and in the process removed the update it had previously tried to install during which time it displayed progress percentages and a message saying it was undoing an update it could not complete.

In the end, it rebooted successfully.

:)

ClydeRothman, Aug 17, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Hendry Win User
    Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksWindows Update stuck at 100% :)

Hendry, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Windows Update stuck at 100%

W10 update stuck @ 100% complete

Hello Gary,

The issue might occur because there might be corrupted or missing Windows Update components on your PC. Did you perform the suggestion of Likhitha V on this
    link?

We'll wait for your update.

Marvin Barc, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update stuck at 100%

1. Windows Update stuck at 100% - Similar Threads - Update stuck 100%

2. Windows Update stuck on 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update stuck on 100%: How to fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-on-100/5474b91d-dab9-4833-8171-3e309e0677e6
  3. Windows Update stuck on 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update stuck on 100%: How to fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-on-100/5474b91d-dab9-4833-8171-3e309e0677e6
  4. Windows Update 100% stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 100% stuck: Hello! I have been trying to get my Windows Update to work for a very long time but its completely stuck. I have tried alot of things from YouTube videos and to troubleshooting Windows Update tried manually to install threw command prompt had a guy showing me to do it 100%...
  5. Windows Update 100% stuck

Windows Update 100% stuck: Hello! I have been trying to get my Windows Update to work for a very long time but its completely stuck. I have tried alot of things from YouTube videos and to troubleshooting Windows Update tried manually to install threw command prompt had a guy showing me to do it 100%...
  6. Windows update Stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update Stuck at 100%: My latest windows update is stuck at 100%I have an ethernet connection so im pretty sure there is no problem with the network. in task manage too the cpu and ssd usage is not as much to say that it is being installed either.Please suggest a fix, it would be appreciated,...
  7. Windows update Stuck at 100%

Windows update Stuck at 100%: My latest windows update is stuck at 100%I have an ethernet connection so im pretty sure there is no problem with the network. in task manage too the cpu and ssd usage is not as much to say that it is being installed either.Please suggest a fix, it would be appreciated,...
  8. Windows update Stuck at 100%

9. Windows update stuck to %100

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update stuck to %100: [ATTACH] I tried to update to the new windows update for this month, but the downloading stuck to %100 for more than two hours, and I don't think it's need that much time, because it's not a big update. I tried to restart and the same problem happen once again. can anyone...
  10. Windows Update Stuck at 100%

Windows Update Stuck at 100%: Recently i update my windows 10 feature update but update get stuck at 100% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-at-100/294f4dfe-9a4b-45c0-8497-23ac8daf0fa4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update stuck at 100% blue screen