Windows 10: Windows update stuck at 23%

Discus and support Windows update stuck at 23% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have be having a lot of trouble updating Windows for the past few months. I have attempted it many times. On the weekend I cleaned up a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bcaper, Mar 4, 2020.

1. bcaper Win User

Windows update stuck at 23%

I have be having a lot of trouble updating Windows for the past few months. I have attempted it many times. On the weekend I cleaned up a bunch of files, made some more space and attempted another update. The update software said there wasn't enough space on the hard drive, but there was if it used the backup drive, which I gave permission to do. The files were downloaded and the update began on Monday afternoon. Today, the blue screen with the update in progress is still going, with only 23% complete. My wife uses this computer for work and is asking when it will be ready. Any advice?

:)

bcaper, Mar 4, 2020

2. Windows Update is Stuck at 23 %

Hi Dharmesh,

I suggest you to refer the suggestion by Sumit Dhiman2 replied on November2, 2015 in the link below and check if it helps.

Windows Update Stuck on 23%

you can also refer to the article below:

Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant is stuck at 99%

Please post back if you need further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Windows Update is Stuck at 23 %

Windows Update is Stuck at 23 %

Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3150513)

Now how to install the update or resume the Update? I am having Windows 10 64 bit single user ver.

DharmeshChampaneri, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Windows update stuck at 23%

Windows 10 update version 1511, 10586 stuck on 23%

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

From the description provided, I understand that the Windows 10 is unable to download the latest updates for November.

Kindly follow the below suggested steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue with the failed updates and then try again to check.

A. Check whether the Windows date and Time set to Automatic and synced.

B. Disconnect all the peripheral devices except for the mouse and keyboard.

C. Update all your computer's drivers from manufacturer’s website.

D. Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows update stuck at 23%

1. Windows update stuck at 23% - Similar Threads - update stuck 23%

2. New Windows Update 8-10-23

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows Update 8-10-23: New windows update absolutely broke my PC. Runs alower, load times take longer, and also got a new bluescreen error for the first time ever "earlyexitonfailure" which ive read somewhere is actually a windows update bug so i guess thats back. But, why is this happening i hate...
  3. New Windows Update 8-10-23

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows Update 8-10-23: New windows update absolutely broke my PC. Runs alower, load times take longer, and also got a new bluescreen error for the first time ever "earlyexitonfailure" which ive read somewhere is actually a windows update bug so i guess thats back. But, why is this happening i hate...
  4. Latest windows update March/23 caused stopcode: KMODE EXCEMPTION NOT HANDLED - I'm stuck in...

Latest windows update March/23 caused stopcode: KMODE EXCEMPTION NOT HANDLED - I'm stuck in...: I have a laptop running Windows 10. After a few days away, I opened my laptop yesterday and saw that Windows needed to update it was up to date prior to this latest update. I started the update. The update proceeded for a while, then this message appeared: "Recovery. It looks...
  5. Windows 10 update 23 July

Windows 10 update 23 July: On Thursday night 23 July windows was automatically updated on my desktop on shut down. Friday morning on start up I found Windows Live Mail would not display messages or send emails. I need this fixed quickly. Also the search box on the task bar cannot now be typed into....
  6. Windows 10 July-24-2020 update Installation is stuck at 23% for hours --Why ?

Windows 10 July-24-2020 update Installation is stuck at 23% for hours --Why ?: All was work GOOD until Win 10 did a restart for update today. Now it on 23 % for hour . Why ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-july-24-2020-update-installation-is/758339bb-4821-4c19-87a9-ac3ff9de6f4a
  7. System update stuck on 23%

System update stuck on 23%: Hi, my pc is stuck on "working on updates 23% don't turn off your pc. This will take a while" for almost 3 hours now. I do not know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-update-stuck-on-23/c7f6cec5-04ae-44be-b983-8e06c6053e11
  8. 23

in Windows 10 Gaming
    23: 4625254 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/23/f6bec550-1b1b-4ef1-bcf9-92a9a218ca33
  9. October 23 Win10 Update

October 23 Win10 Update: This is a post to MS after this download I found that my laptop had apparently failed there was no display of my desktop and clicking the Win10 icon (btm lft) only showed a black screen with no apparent display. It took a while for me to use my cursor and find that the icons...
  10. Creators Update Hangs at 23%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update Hangs at 23%: i've had 4 out of 5 tried end up unsucessfull the only time it completed some of the tweaks for making 10 look like 7, caused 10 to no longer "Sign in" (i'd give my password then brought back to Sign in screen) i understand this is an issue atm, has anyone had a working...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update stuck 23%

2. windows update hung at 23$

3. windows 10 update 23%

4. working on updates stuck at 23,
  5. windows 10 update stuck at 23%,
  6. Working on update stuck at 23,
  7. windows update stuck 23,
  8. windows update stuck at 23 percent,
  9. windows 10 install stuck at 23 percent,
  10. windows install stuck at 23,
  11. wimdows 10 working on updates stuck 23,