Windows 10: Windows update stuck at 50% for hours

Discus and support Windows update stuck at 50% for hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here is what's being shown on the blue screen:running dot circleConfiguring update for Windows 1050% completeDo not turn off your computerAnd it's been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tran Hoang tran.hoang, May 11, 2021.

1. Windows update stuck at 50% for hours

Here is what's being shown on the blue screen:running dot circleConfiguring update for Windows 1050% completeDo not turn off your computerAnd it's been like that for hours.

:)

Tran Hoang tran.hoang, May 11, 2021

2. Windows Update Stuck at 50% and will not complete.

Hi Will,

A corrupted components of the update is one of the possible causes why the update stuck at 50%. Can you tell us the current build of your computer?

Meanwhile, kindly follow these steps:

• Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. You may refer to this link.
      Note: The automated troubleshooter will try to identify and then resolve the issues that it finds.
    • Follow the steps on the "Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool" article. Here's the link.
    • Manually install the update in Microsoft Catalog. Please click this link.
    • Clear the Windows Update cache manually. To do this, you may check this link.

After performing the said steps, please try to update your computer again.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, May 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 updates stuck at 91% for 7 hours

Microsoft was of no help to me at all (yet again). Pointing at others, in this case 3rd party antivirus software is a typical attempt to hide their own incompetence.

Another few hours of productivity lost thanks to Microsoft!

Here's what worked for me: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-update-stuck-downloading-updates

BoerenKnuppel, May 11, 2021
  4. user33331 Win User

Windows update stuck at 50% for hours

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows update stuck at 50% for hours

1. Windows update stuck at 50% for hours - Similar Threads - update stuck 50%

2. Windows reset stuck at 50%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reset stuck at 50%: Did a reset to better my proformance, it’s been about 2 and a half hours, but 40 minuets of that have been stuck at 50%. I don’t seen too many people with this issue at 50% especially when I’m resting all drives not just one. Help please thank you...
  3. Windows reset stuck at 50%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reset stuck at 50%: Did a reset to better my proformance, it’s been about 2 and a half hours, but 40 minuets of that have been stuck at 50%. I don’t seen too many people with this issue at 50% especially when I’m resting all drives not just one. Help please thank you...
  4. Windows reset stuck at 50%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. update stuck for hours now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update stuck for hours now: I leave my computer since it is updating. My computer is slow and I cant replace or repair it so when the update came I run and leave it to do some stuff. I came back after couple of hours and still on running. The only thing that I can see is installing updates dont turn off...
  6. update stuck for hours now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update stuck for hours now: I leave my computer since it is updating. My computer is slow and I cant replace or repair it so when the update came I run and leave it to do some stuff. I came back after couple of hours and still on running. The only thing that I can see is installing updates dont turn off...
  7. update stuck for hours now

8. Windows Update stuck at 29% for 14 hours

Windows Update stuck at 29% for 14 hours: As the title says my computer has been stuck updating at 29% for 14 hours and I shut it down and yes I do know it can cause permanent damage but I have things to do, This actually happens every time I try to update my computer and for months I've been trying to avoid updating...
  9. Windows update stuck on settings window for hours

Windows update stuck on settings window for hours: For more than 4 hours now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-on-settings-window-for-hours/4e6ea3be-9707-47e4-afe3-005d81b4a23b
  10. Windows Update Stuck at Preparing to install updates 50%

Windows Update Stuck at Preparing to install updates 50%: [ATTACH]Windows 10 update been stuck in this step for hours, Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-at-preparing-to-install/b459811a-80dc-4c35-bdc5-d5bff51b8865

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update stuck at 50%