Windows 10: windows update stuck at restarting

Discus and support windows update stuck at restarting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I am running on windows 10 2004 which I upgraded from 1909 to 2004 Sunday 29/09/2020 night Today when I go to settings page and checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RamprasathSrinivasan, Oct 1, 2020.

1. windows update stuck at restarting

Hi there,

I am running on windows 10 2004 which I upgraded from 1909 to 2004 Sunday 29/09/2020 night

Today when I go to settings page and checked for update the "October 1, 2020-KB4576945 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004" was download and installed.

When it asked me to restart my laptop, I pressed "Restart now". Then the screen stuck at Restarting with the dots circling in the screen for about 10-15 minutes. Then I force shutdown my laptop and rebooted and again the same Restarting... screen appears.

Again I force shutdown and Restart my laptop. Now it shows "Working on updates"and installed the update and went into my homescreen. Because of this problem, I run thetroubleshooter for windows update and it shows that "check for windows update issues - Detected"as shown in the attached image.

And I thought it would be because of an optional update pending and hence I installed the optional update "October 1, 2020—KB4577063 OS Build 19041.546 Preview" and the same problem of restarting screen persists and i again rebooted it as i have done before force shutdown and reboot and i again run the troubleshooter and i get the same results only.

Then i uninstalled both the updates "KB4576945 and KB4577063" and i run the troubleshooter again and still the problem of "check for windows update issues- Detected" continues.

Again the system automatically installs the KB4576945 and asked me reboot the laptop and when i press reboot now this time, the same problem continues again. The troubleshooter too shows the same problem this time.

Anyone kindly help me to resolve this issue.

windows update stuck at restarting 929a10fe-4128-4ca0-9607-53d8499ecf75?upload=true.jpg

:)

RamprasathSrinivasan, Oct 1, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond windows update stuck at restarting :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 1, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 1, 2020
  4. equoox Win User

windows update stuck at restarting

2019-04 Cumulative Update KB4495667 stuck in restart to finish

My Pc runs Windows 10 Home 64 Bit v 1809

I noticed that Windows Update has had indigestion with the latest Cumulative Update (2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 v 1809 for x 64 bases systems KB4495667) which is stuck Requiring a restart to finish installing.

I have restarted several times with no luck.

Have also run the Trouble Shooter which could not identify the problem.

I then checked for updates in case it would offer it again, but all that was listed was 2019-02 Cumulative Update for NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 KB4486553 which has Successfully installed.

KB4495667 still refusing to do so.

windows update stuck at restarting [​IMG]

I have downloaded it from from the Windows Update Catalogue ... file windows10.0-kb4495667-x64_a0713c961b994da102ee4a300d2f571ec567af20.msu

What is the safest thing to do now, do I just double click to install it?

I am no computer expert so will need easy to follow steps.

equoox, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

windows update stuck at restarting

1. windows update stuck at restarting - Similar Threads - update stuck restarting

2. windows update stuck in "pending restart"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update stuck in "pending restart": windows update stuck in "pending restart" -tried restart but still stuck after-tried uninstall the update and install manually https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-in-pending-restart/8f113176-8594-4c64-9fe9-40a9301c45c4
  3. Windows stuck in updating and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck in updating and restarting: My laptop has been stuck in “getting Windows ready” mode and then restarting over and over and over again for 12 hours. I’m trying to get out of this updating loop nightmare, but…The second problem is that after I pressed the Win + I keys to uninstall recent updates/get into...
  4. Windows stuck in updating and restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuck in updating and restarting: My laptop has been stuck in “getting Windows ready” mode and then restarting over and over and over again for 12 hours. I’m trying to get out of this updating loop nightmare, but…The second problem is that after I pressed the Win + I keys to uninstall recent updates/get into...
  5. Windows stuck in updating and restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Update stuck at “Restarting”??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update stuck at “Restarting”??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/StarFruit2001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kyy9e6/update_stuck_at_restarting/
  7. Windows, stuck on restart to update

Windows, stuck on restart to update: So basically my PC wants me to restart to update Windows for whatever reason, i go to do it and it restarts and boots up but its still asks me to update it as if that restart did nothing. What make this an issue is that it asks me every single hour to restart to update it,...
  8. Windows 10 update stuck on restarting

Windows 10 update stuck on restarting: I’m on mobile right now so I apologize for the formatting I’ll correct when I can get my computer actually up and running again… I just got a update for windows 10 and was notified of it and rather than put it off until in the evening when I want to go to bed like as I...
  9. Windows update stuck restarting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update stuck restarting?: Every time I download the update and restart the laptop to install it’ll get to 50%ish then restart. Except it won’t turn back on during that restart like normal. So I wait a while and click the power button. It turns on and try’s to recover installation only to undone...
  10. Windows Stuck on Updates (Fails and Restarts)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Stuck on Updates (Fails and Restarts): So my Windows 10 1803 (Build 17134.48) is Stuck on updates, It says that i need to restart my system for updating process and it does update.But after the second restart "while completing at 30-40%" it says "Windows Failed to Update rolling back changes" then it gets back to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 lastest optional update stuck on restarting