Windows 10: Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour

Discus and support Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a HP Laptop that has updates installed regularly. Today once the update was initiated the system is stuck @ Please wait screen.There is NO way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GK_001, Jan 14, 2022.

1. GK_001 Win User

Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour

I have a HP Laptop that has updates installed regularly. Today once the update was initiated the system is stuck @ Please wait screen.There is NO way to know when is this going to finish OR is it even progressing.Loosing trust with Microsoft when such issues are encountered and there is NO way to revert back quickly. Need to complete some URGENT work and now stuck for last few hours.

:)

GK_001, Jan 14, 2022

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 14, 2022
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 14, 2022
  4. waavman Win User

Windows 10 Laptop stuck in update upto 3 hours then rollsback update

@zbook,

I am slightly confused by the results.
    As suggested by you, I performed clean boot in Windows 10
    In msconfig, chose Selective startup and unchecked "Load Startup items". Then under Services tab after hiding all Microsoft services, I disabled all services. Then in startup tab I disabled all startup tasks and restarted my Laptop. Once it booted I went to settings ->Windows update and clicked on "Check for updates" and then it gave a couple of updates like "2021-01 Windows update for Windows 10 v 1909" , "Update for removal of Adobe flash player.." and asked it to run the updates.
    So it ran the updates and restarted again. And I see in the update history as shown in below screen shot that those 2 updates are applied with todays timestamp 5/22/21

Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour [​IMG]

However on the Windows update screen it still shows "You are NOT up to date. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" as shown in below screenshot.
    If I click on "Check for Updates" nothing comes up now and it keeps saying "You are NOT uptodate your device is missing important security and quality fixes" I tried restarting a few more times and it says the same thing.

Also if I click the Start->Power icon, there are only 2 Options as shown in below screenshot. "Update and shut down" and "Update and restart".

So can you please advise what this signifies and how do I proceed from here and what are the next steps because I am confused if it already applied all the updates or it is not able to apply the updates .
    Appreciate your help.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry, can you please clarify this which you have mentioned in your reply ?

(1) What do you want me to do with this link
    setupdiag: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...rade/setupdiag

(2) And what is V2: BSOD for. Is it connected to above setupdiag step ?

(3) Is Upgrade_failure_info.bat the 3rd step you want me to run after above V2:BSOD step ?

(4) PS2 Logs: Is this the 4th step to perform after upgrade_failure_info.bat step ?

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry, can you please clarify this which you have mentioned in your reply ?

(1) What do you want me to do with this link
    setupdiag: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...rade/setupdiag

(2) And what is V2: BSOD for. Is it connected to above setupdiag step ?

(3) Is Upgrade_failure_info.bat the 3rd step you want me to run after above V2:BSOD step ?

(4) PS2 Logs: Is this the 4th step to perform after upgrade_failure_info.bat step ?

thanks

waavman, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour - Similar Threads - Update stuck Please

2. Please Wait Screen 8+ Hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Wait Screen 8+ Hours: Pc was running extremely slow so i decided to factory reset it. started last night around 10:30pm and all was going well. the '' Please Wait'' blue screen came on at around midnight which after i fell asleep. It' s 8am and it is still occuring. BIOS cant be updated (already...
  3. Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour: I have a HP Laptop that has updates installed regularly. Today once the update was initiated the system is stuck @ Please wait screen.There is NO way to know when is this going to finish OR is it even progressing.Loosing trust with Microsoft when such issues are encountered...
  4. Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour: I have a HP Laptop that has updates installed regularly. Today once the update was initiated the system is stuck @ Please wait screen.There is NO way to know when is this going to finish OR is it even progressing.Loosing trust with Microsoft when such issues are encountered...
  5. Stuck on an update more than 24 hours ago

Stuck on an update more than 24 hours ago: The Windows update arrived today, and this is where my system is currently. Endless update in progress, and I'm a bit frustrated why I should run into this issue through your updates. I don't have the ability to figure this out on my own. Please help, everything was fine...
  6. Windows Update stuck at please wait

Windows Update stuck at please wait: Hello I have a problem with my Windows 10 PC. After updating to the newest version, 20H2, it seems like something went wrong. First of all, I saw that in the power options from Start there still appears the options to restart After that, I opened settings and it is stuck...
  7. Stuck on please wait screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on please wait screen: Hello so im trying to boot into safe mode cuz i could login in my pc i didnt forget password it was stuck on date/time screen and its stuck on blue please wait screen any help?...
  8. Stuck on "Please wait" screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Please wait" screen: Hi, I tried to reinstall my uncle's old pc today and give it a fresh windows 10, but a problem occurred. The installation went smoothly, the pc started and i went to the Windows update setting in the menu. It started downloading the 1909 update, and a few other things like...
  9. Windows 10 update stuck frozen for more than 2 hours

Windows 10 update stuck frozen for more than 2 hours: When I restart my laptop. It was working good for a while, but suddenly when it became 96% it stops. What should I do now? I am scared that my file will disappear if I shut down the laptop. Plz help me [IMG]...
  10. Windows 10 update stuck at ''Downloading 100%'' for more than 6 hours, Please Help!

Windows 10 update stuck at ''Downloading 100%'' for more than 6 hours, Please Help!: Hello guys so I had my pc fixed (new hard) and when I came home I installed windows 10 after that I updated the drivers, installed my games and apps also disabled a lot of settings that I don't need and went on to see if there was any windows update. I checked and there was a...