Windows 10: Windows Update stuck on boot screen

Discus and support Windows Update stuck on boot screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a dell laptop running windows 10 version 1511 and I want to update it to the latest version of windows 10. I use the update assistant to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alexislopez_260, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Windows Update stuck on boot screen

I have a dell laptop running windows 10 version 1511 and I want to update it to the latest version of windows 10. I use the update assistant to update my laptop and click on the restart now button to update. After clicking the restart button, it gets stuck on the boot up windows 10 logo and the little dots going in circles freezes. What should I do?

:)

alexislopez_260, Nov 18, 2020

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Stuck on Yellow Boot Screen

Hi Prometeo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that after updating the system it is stuck at boot screen. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Which was the latest update you tried to update your system?
    • What is the make and model of you PC/Laptop?
    • Are you able to get into Desktop screen after waiting for long time?
    • What happens when you force shutdown and restart the machine?
    Please post us back with above information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 18, 2020
  4. diptenM Win User

Windows Update stuck on boot screen

Windows 10 Anniversary Update stuck at boot screen

Hello,

I am having issues installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update v1607.

Everything works fine, till the point the update gets installed and the system reboots, which is the spinning circle before the login screen. The system remains stuck there only.

Things I tried:

• Tried to install 3 times, 2 times through windows update, once with the Windows 10 update assistant
    • Tried to install under clean boot conditions, with all Startups disabled
    • Tried with all the USB devices unplugged (as suggested in a Reddit
    Still, each time I couldn't get past the boot screen. I had to force shutdown the system two times till it restored the earlier windows.

The issue:

• I have only this system which I use for both work & studies, and thus for prolonged period of time can't let the system idle hoping it will get past the boot screen
    • There is no option to stop the windows update like in windows 7 or 8. Thus, the update is all but installed and waiting for a system restart to be again stuck at the boot
    • My system is old, so can't go for clean format and install since the latest drivers will be buggy on my old hardware
    System details:

Dell Inspiron 15R (2012) i5

4GB RAM, 1TB hard-disk, 1GB AMD Radeon Graphics card.

Running windows version: 1511

I have searched everywhere on the internet to resolve the issue, microsoft forums included, yet couldn't find a proper solution or a workaround. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

diptenM, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update stuck on boot screen

1. Windows Update stuck on boot screen - Similar Threads - Update stuck boot

2. Stuck on Windows Boot Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Windows Boot Screen: Hi,I have a Lenovo s730-13IWL. I started my laptop up and signed in, the sign in took longer then expected and I got a small error message saying “couldn’t connect to user, please try again”. Which has never happened before. But this almost instantly went away and it logged...
  3. Stuck on Windows Boot Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Windows Boot Screen: Hi,I have a Lenovo s730-13IWL. I started my laptop up and signed in, the sign in took longer then expected and I got a small error message saying “couldn’t connect to user, please try again”. Which has never happened before. But this almost instantly went away and it logged...
  4. Stuck on Windows Boot Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows stuck on boot screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck on boot screen: Hello! My PC is stuck on the booting screen after installing PrimeOS. Now do I need to reinstall Windows? If I need to do that, how can I do that without using any other PC?...
  6. Windows stuck on boot screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuck on boot screen: Hello! My PC is stuck on the booting screen after installing PrimeOS. Now do I need to reinstall Windows? If I need to do that, how can I do that without using any other PC?...
  7. Windows stuck on boot screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Update to windows 11 gets stuck on boot screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update to windows 11 gets stuck on boot screen: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3, I've had the Windows 11 update notification since the beginning, to this day I tried installing it thrice, but every time after the initial installation after it reboots it just gets stuck forever on the Lenovo loading screen, I even let it...
  9. Stuck in the Boot Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in the Boot Screen: My current problem is no matter what i do it wont go past the boot screen stage. How it happened was when i was playing a game called Valorant and out of no where my game freeze’s and my screen turns black but i can tell my keyboard and mouse are still lit up. So I thought i...
  10. Windows 1909 update stuck on boot screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1909 update stuck on boot screen: I am trying to update my laptop to the 1909 update and when it finishes installing it get stuck on the manufacturer logo screen and doesn't boot. it's the 4th time I try to install it and nothing, I tried installing it with the windows update option, downloading it with the...