Windows 10: Windows update stuck on personalized setting

Discus and support Windows update stuck on personalized setting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran a windows updated the other day, now the computer is stuck on personalized settings screen. I've seen other chats about running task manager to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisRabbit, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Windows update stuck on personalized setting

I ran a windows updated the other day, now the computer is stuck on personalized settings screen. I've seen other chats about running task manager to end the program or delete the corrupted file, but task manager is not opening. Any other suggestions other than changing airplane mode and restarting a bunch of times?

:)

ChrisRabbit, Apr 23, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Personalized Settings on startup [Windows 10]

Can you post a screenshot please?

The internet suggests a number of possibilities- but often with longer text.

This may be relevant:
    Personalized Settings is stuck - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Apr 23, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

Windows update stuck on personalized setting

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows update stuck on personalized setting

1. Windows update stuck on personalized setting - Similar Threads - update stuck personalized

2. Windows Updates and Personal Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Updates and Personal Settings: Windows changed my PC settings, PC goes to sleep after about 1 minute inactivity, and even though I keep resetting it back to “NEVER” it still goes to sleep! And now I can’t sign back in with just my password, it is asking me to set a PIN, I also have PIN required setting set...
  3. Personalized Settings

Personalized Settings: During 2 recent updates, within a week, MS changed the font type & size in my File Explorer and Start Menu and I find this very upsetting and infuriating. Is there a place where these two setting are kept so I can copy and save them to recover my choice? From Windows 8.1...
  4. Personalization Settings

Personalization Settings: How do I reset my personalization settings to default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalization-settings/3b0690d0-f227-48b4-9e6a-e7a70ff88bc9
  5. Updated Win10 - Personalized Settings Window Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updated Win10 - Personalized Settings Window Issue: Hello everyone. I recently updated my laptop. After the update installed, I restarted the machine. First boot after the update and the issues begin. A blank Personalized Settings window appears in front of a black screen. A fee seconds later, the window goes...
  6. Personalized settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Personalized settings: After almost every automatic update, when restarting my PC I will get this error message and the screen goes blank. "personalized settings(not responding)". What's going on?...
  7. windows update won't save personal settings

windows update won't save personal settings: I was asked to install a windows update. Now windows will not remember any of my personal settings. Every time I start up the computer, the settings go back to default. The back ground goes back to the windows graphic. The taskbar does not retain the icons I pinned to it...
  8. Windows Update + Personalized Settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update + Personalized Settings?: Hi, Near end of automatic windows-update, I got black screen with little with box in upper left corner, with message, "Personalized Settings. Setting up personalized settings for windows desktop update." -that stayed on screen for few minutes, and Updates were then...
  9. Stuck Setting up personalized settings for Web Platform Customization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck Setting up personalized settings for Web Platform Customization: In the installation, after the 'Getting things ready' and 'Hi' and logging on pages, it didn't show a desktop, just a not responding window that is saying 'Setting up personalized settings for Web Platform Customization' How can I fix that? By the way, my PC isn't connected...
  10. Personalized Settings is stuck

in Windows 10 Support
    Personalized Settings is stuck: I just ran Windows Update and all seemed well, I rebooted as usual but when I logged in again i just have a black screen with a small white window that says "Personalized Settings (Not Responding)". If I Ctrl+Alt+Delete I can get the Task Manager up and it says Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. personalized settings stuck

2. personalized setting for windows update

3. windows stuck on personalized settings