Windows 10: Windows update stuck on settings window for hours

Discus and support Windows update stuck on settings window for hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For more than 4 hours now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MhsenJ, May 15, 2021.

1. MhsenJ Win User

Windows update stuck on settings window for hours

For more than 4 hours now

:)

MhsenJ, May 15, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 15, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 15, 2021
  4. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows update stuck on settings window for hours - Similar Threads - update stuck settings

2. Window update stuck at 25% for 10 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window update stuck at 25% for 10 hours: I require urgent help. I had my laptop update before closing and it has been stuck at 25% for more than 10 hours. I have important files to acces inside it. Please help!!I'm not sure what the update is. What accion should I take to gain back access to my laptop? My main...
  3. Window update stuck at 25% for 10 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window update stuck at 25% for 10 hours: I require urgent help. I had my laptop update before closing and it has been stuck at 25% for more than 10 hours. I have important files to acces inside it. Please help!!I'm not sure what the update is. What accion should I take to gain back access to my laptop? My main...
  4. update stuck for hours now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update stuck for hours now: I leave my computer since it is updating. My computer is slow and I cant replace or repair it so when the update came I run and leave it to do some stuff. I came back after couple of hours and still on running. The only thing that I can see is installing updates dont turn off...
  5. update stuck for hours now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update stuck for hours now: I leave my computer since it is updating. My computer is slow and I cant replace or repair it so when the update came I run and leave it to do some stuff. I came back after couple of hours and still on running. The only thing that I can see is installing updates dont turn off...
  6. Windows Update stuck at 29% for 14 hours

Windows Update stuck at 29% for 14 hours: As the title says my computer has been stuck updating at 29% for 14 hours and I shut it down and yes I do know it can cause permanent damage but I have things to do, This actually happens every time I try to update my computer and for months I've been trying to avoid updating...
  7. Windows update stuck at 50% for hours

Windows update stuck at 50% for hours: Here is what's being shown on the blue screen:running dot circleConfiguring update for Windows 1050% completeDo not turn off your computerAnd it's been like that for hours....
  8. Windows 10 update 2021 stuck for hours.....

Windows 10 update 2021 stuck for hours.....: Hi, windows 10 update on my laptop, I started it around 12:30am. By 1am it was at 3%. This morning at 8:30am, it is still updating at 97%. Is this normal for it to take all these hours and still going? I never had any issues with my laptop or updates. Should i just end task,...
  9. windows update stuck at 30% for 8 hours.

windows update stuck at 30% for 8 hours.: Last night I put windows on restart and it got to working on updates 30% and now when its been more than 8 hours and it's still at 30%. What do I do?...
  10. Windows Update Stuck at 30% for 3 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Stuck at 30% for 3 hours: I guess I recieved the latest feature update but it seems to be hung up. Been a 30% for a few hours now and not seeing my drive activity light blinking. Maybe once per minute. My OS is installed on an SSD. How long does this usually take? submitted by /u/bass_to_your_chord...