Windows 10: Windows update stuck wanting to install older intel graphics driver

Discus and support Windows update stuck wanting to install older intel graphics driver in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE Windows 11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.1413i7-8750HIntel UHD Graphics 630windows update keeps wanting to install an older intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cybot, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Cybot Win User

Windows update stuck wanting to install older intel graphics driver

MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE Windows 11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.1413i7-8750HIntel UHD Graphics 630windows update keeps wanting to install an older intel display driver on to my system, even though the driver got updated by the Intel Driver Support Assistant software to the latest version. it is not as if the graphics hardware has custom specs put into it by MSI or anyone else, needing customized drivers, as the graphic chip resided with it the CPU. The version windows update keeps trying to install is V.25.20.100.6617 3/8/2019, while the Intel DSA updated the driver too V.31.0.101.2115 12/29/2022

:)

Cybot, Mar 17, 2023

2. Windows 10 Updates installed older Intel Graphics Drivers

I just updated my Intel HD Graphics Drivers using the Intel Driver Update Utility. After successfully installing and rebooting my system, I noticed that Windows Update decided to reinstall the graphics drivers. I checked to find that the new drivers were
    an older version. I had installed the 15.33.38.64.4252 drivers, and they were overwritten by the 10.18.15.4279 drivers.

My question is: why is this happening? How can I prevent Windows Update from overwriting drivers?

Thanks.

EDIT: Further investigating indicates that it wasn't Windows Update that was installing the older graphics drivers, it was the Intel Driver Update Utility that keeps getting old drivers. WU was trying to overwrite the old drivers that IDUU installed, and
    that resulted in conflicts and blue screens. I uninstalled the drivers, let WU do its thing, and all is working fine.

My guess is that the 10.18.15.4279 drivers are the latest stable version, according to Microsoft. The manual download for these drivers are here (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25308/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-). However,
    the latest drivers are here (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-),
    but I guess these have yet to be signed off by Microsoft.

Can someone please confirm this? Should I download the latest drivers, or just leave it to WU?

Thank you.

AbhimanyuVS, Mar 17, 2023
  3. Win7ine Win User
    Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics driver

Windows 10 - 17134.191 Update insists installing and older Intel Graphics driver over the manually installed newest version available. Only started doing this recently. How do I stop this from happening?

Windows update stuck wanting to install older intel graphics driver 198543d1533729443t-windows-update-keeps-installing-older-intel-graphics-driver-capture1.png

Windows update stuck wanting to install older intel graphics driver 198544d1533729466t-windows-update-keeps-installing-older-intel-graphics-driver-capture2.png

Win7ine, Mar 17, 2023
  4. Windows update stuck wanting to install older intel graphics driver

Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 17, 2023
Thema:

Windows update stuck wanting to install older intel graphics driver

1. Windows update stuck wanting to install older intel graphics driver - Similar Threads - update stuck wanting

2. Windows update continually installs older intel graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update continually installs older intel graphics drivers: I am running the latest Windows 11 and find Windows Update always wants to install Intel Corporation - Display driver 26.x. While Intel Driver and Support Assistant DSA wants to always install Intel Iris Plus Graphics driver 31.0.101.2121. Windows Update wins because it is...
  3. Windows update continually installs older intel graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update continually installs older intel graphics drivers: I am running the latest Windows 11 and find Windows Update always wants to install Intel Corporation - Display driver 26.x. While Intel Driver and Support Assistant DSA wants to always install Intel Iris Plus Graphics driver 31.0.101.2121. Windows Update wins because it is...
  4. Windows update stuck wanting to install older intel graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update stuck wanting to install older intel graphics driver: MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE Windows 11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.1413i7-8750HIntel UHD Graphics 630windows update keeps wanting to install an older intel display driver on to my system, even though the driver got updated by the Intel Driver Support Assistant software to the latest...
  5. Windows update automatically installs an older version of the Intel graphics driver

Windows update automatically installs an older version of the Intel graphics driver: HelloI have the same problem for a long time. After installing the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer e.g. Version V31.0.101.3302, the Windows Update service downgrades to * .101.1371. For now, I have paused the update for a week, but I don't know what to do in this...
  6. Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics Driver: SYSTEM-Alienware m17 R3Device name Gen6 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎8/‎20/‎2020 OS build 19043.1706...
  7. Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics Driver

Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics Driver: SYSTEM-Alienware m17 R3Device name Gen6 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎8/‎20/‎2020 OS build 19043.1706...
  8. Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics driver: Windows 10 - 17134.191 Update insists installing and older Intel Graphics driver over the manually installed newest version available. Only started doing this recently. How do I stop this from happening? [img] [img] 115580
  10. Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update keeps installing older Intel Graphics driver: Windows 10 - 17134.191 Update insists installing and older Intel Graphics driver over the manually installed newest version available. Only started doing this recently. How do I stop this from happening? [img] [img] 115580