Windows 10: Windows update stuck

Discus and support Windows update stuck in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been troubleshooting a friend's game rig, but can't seem to get windows update to work Its running Win 10 version 1511 OS build 10586.420, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by E.Gordon, Aug 10, 2019.

1. E.Gordon Win User

Windows update stuck

I've been troubleshooting a friend's game rig, but can't seem to get windows update to work

Its running Win 10 version 1511 OS build 10586.420, but was originally win 8.1 before they migrated to Win 10. The updater is (and probably always was) stuck in a perpetual loop, downloading stuck at 0%

I tried the windows update troubleshooter and couple of the console work arounds discussed on this forum to no avail.

I also tried manually installing updates, but encountered error code 0x80070652.

The Iast thing I tried was the recovery tool to reinstall windows, but I encountered error code 0xc0000409 at location 0x00007ff8c8e41f0f

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated, I backed up all the data today so I might try reinstalling windows from usb tomorrow and see where that gets me

:)

E.Gordon, Aug 10, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 10, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update stuck :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 10, 2019
  4. MIkew365 Win User

Windows update stuck

Windows Update Stuck

Updating my laptop which I haven't used for 6 months.
    I go to Settings, Update and Security, and there are a list of 10 updates, 2 of which say pending install, the others say pending download. Left laptop on overnight and still saying the same this morning.
    Ran Windows Troubleshooting Updates twice, both times found no problem.
    Have good Wi-Fi signal. Have re-booted several times. Now stuck. Can you please suggest how I get round this please.

MIkew365, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows update stuck

1. Windows update stuck - Similar Threads - update stuck

2. Windows Update Stuck at 90%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Stuck at 90%: My computer was acting a bit sluggish so I closed out all of my programs and decided to reboot it. When I did it gave me the option of making updates then restarting which I chose. It has now been over 3 hours, two of those hours stuck on the screen saying that it is at...
  3. Windows update stuck on 99%

Windows update stuck on 99%: There is a problem in my windows update as I have downloaded the update from the windows update assistant last night and it continued to install, and I left overnight and let it install. When I saw in the morning it was stuck on 99% and till now it is stuck at 99% and is not...
  4. Windows update to 1903 stuck on manufacturer logo screen

Windows update to 1903 stuck on manufacturer logo screen: Hello, I own a MSI PC since February 2017 and so far it worked like a charm. Recently I've been offered the Windows 1903 update. I'm still on 1803 and I've never been offered the 1809 update. The problem is that after the download and install phases the PC reboots the first...
  5. Windows Update Stuck at 0%

Windows Update Stuck at 0%: I am updating my laptop (HP Pavilion 14-al062nr) to the latest version of windows 10, and it has been stuck on 0% on the configuring updates screen for now over an hour. Is there a solution to this problem, or is it simply a matter of waiting it out? Thanks in advance....
  6. Windows 10 update stuck at 20%, after restart, now stuck on "Undoing changes made to your...

Windows 10 update stuck at 20%, after restart, now stuck on "Undoing changes made to your...: I have a Dell Inspiring 15 Windows 10 (don't know the version). There was an update notice piping up, I kept choosing remind me later. This morning I decided to run the update. I turned on my laptop first and clicked "shut down and update" from the Start menu. It took some...
  7. Windows update stuck at 28%

Windows update stuck at 28%: Hey there. So, I got a message telling that there is a new update for Windows 10. so I came to update it. After a few hours later, it suddenly stops at 28%. And it's been it for 6 hours and so on. And I really need to get it to 29% and further to the complete the update,...
  8. Windows Update stuck at 100%

Windows Update stuck at 100%: I've seen this topic addressed in a couple of "locked" threads, neither of which was too helpful to me when it happened. I found a solution for myself and it was pretty easy and straight-forward unlike some of the suggestions in the "locked" threads: 1. Press the power...
  9. ⚠️ 1903 update appears stuck or is it really? Please advise ⚠️

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ⚠️ 1903 update appears stuck or is it really? Please advise ⚠️: updating to windows update 1903 on my asus laptop that has win version 1803, started download on laptop at 12:21PM, is at 99% downloaded at 12:37PM 12:43PM started installing at 12:50PM asking for an external storage device to help with installing the update. Inserted my...
  10. w10 updates KB4505903 and KB4512508 stuck on account of error code 0x80071ab1

w10 updates KB4505903 and KB4512508 stuck on account of error code 0x80071ab1: Once earlier, my w10 updates was stuck so I had posted this thread:Windows 10 update: April 2, 2019—KB4490481 (OS Build 17763.404) failed to install - 0x80071ab1 & 0x8024000b I was told there that 0x80071ab1 error code relates to insufficient disk space, though there is...