Windows 10: Windows Update Suddenly Broke and Corrupted Files

Discus and support Windows Update Suddenly Broke and Corrupted Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm looking for any help possible with this. I just updated my laptop this morning and since have had many issues accessing files in my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MelodyRobinson, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Windows Update Suddenly Broke and Corrupted Files

Hi, I'm looking for any help possible with this. I just updated my laptop this morning and since have had many issues accessing files in my Microsoft OneDrive documents folders and am unable to open my laptops Download folder at all. The files are corrupted, which some I was able to restore previous versions of, and the downloads folder will not open at all citing that files are corrupted. I'm not tech savvy and have no idea how to fix this. I have an exam tomorrow and have lost all of my notes that I thought the Cloud/OneDrive was supposed to have saved, but they are all corrupted as well with no way to restore previous versions. I worked on these files last night and nothing has changed except for the update, so I have no idea what is happening. I can't upload them onto GoogleDrive either because they will not open there after they were corrupted. I'm currently resetting my laptop but keeping the files to see if this fixes it.

Edit: Resetting it did nothing as it said there was a problem resetting my PC as well.

:)

MelodyRobinson, Nov 8, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Nov 8, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. malware Win User

Windows Update Suddenly Broke and Corrupted Files

Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update Suddenly Broke and Corrupted Files

1. Windows Update Suddenly Broke and Corrupted Files - Similar Threads - Update Suddenly Broke

2. Windows files corrupted and won't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows files corrupted and won't update: I am on windows 10 and my pc is out of date due to updates failing to install. SFC scan tells me there are corrupted files but it is unable to repair them. DISM restorehealth wont work due to missing source files even after specifying a mounted windows iso as the source. I...
  3. OEM Windows 11 system files suddenly damaged/ corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM Windows 11 system files suddenly damaged/ corrupted.: My Lenovo laptop was pre-installed with Windows 10 and upgraded to Windows 11 when the manufacturer released the same. It was working fine until about a week ago, when suddenly after booting the laptop, I started getting messages that dll files are corrupted/damaged, through...
  4. OEM Windows 11 system files suddenly damaged/ corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OEM Windows 11 system files suddenly damaged/ corrupted.: My Lenovo laptop was pre-installed with Windows 10 and upgraded to Windows 11 when the manufacturer released the same. It was working fine until about a week ago, when suddenly after booting the laptop, I started getting messages that dll files are corrupted/damaged, through...
  5. Windows 10 update files are corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update files are corrupted: Windows 10 files have been corrupted for several months on my Lenovo laptop for work even before update 21H2. Fix Windows Update errors app did not help. Update hangs and remains at a percentage for days!Using Update assistant did not work with same results, hangs and remains...
  6. Windows 10 update files are corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update files are corrupted: Windows 10 files have been corrupted for several months on my Lenovo laptop for work even before update 21H2. Fix Windows Update errors app did not help. Update hangs and remains at a percentage for days!Using Update assistant did not work with same results, hangs and remains...
  7. Windows Update and system files corrupted

Windows Update and system files corrupted: Windows 10 on a HP Laptop 15-da0xxx Windows Update crashed - it has not worked since. System files were corrupted and hardly anything works.Troubleshooter gets me to restart but nothing changes.There is a large number of updates. Most download and have status of 'pending...
  8. Windows Update That Caused Corrupted Files.

Windows Update That Caused Corrupted Files.: Hi I recently just did a feature and quality update for Windows 10 that has my computer messed up. I tried all the common solutions. DISM, System Restore, Troubleshooters, Restarting Windows, etc. None worked. I get an error code or a message saying a file is corrupted or...
  9. Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor.: An update was installed yesterday on my surface pro running windows 10, the initial issue was that windows hello face recognition stopped working along with an external usb connected monitor. Fingerprint was broken as well but I wasn't using that. After investigation and...
  10. Update broke windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update broke windows: Hi everyone. I updated my PC this morning after putting it off for awhile. When I got home, it was on a blue screen saying "your pc did not start correctly". Automatic repair didnt work and when I tried to go to a restore point, it gave me an error. I have no clue what to do...