Windows 10: windows update suddenly offering extremely outdated drivers for devices with most recent...

Discus and support windows update suddenly offering extremely outdated drivers for devices with most recent... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; a quick check for windows updates today suddenly revealed a huge list of driver updates, of which none are actual updates, but extremely outdated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by necrophyte, Nov 29, 2022.

1. windows update suddenly offering extremely outdated drivers for devices with most recent...

a quick check for windows updates today suddenly revealed a huge list of driver updates, of which none are actual updates, but extremely outdated drivers. drivers for intel chipset components from 2017 currently installed ones from 2022, a very old nvidia gpu driver latest one installed, even my laptop's currently installed bios version is offered as an "update", and some other drivers, all of which currently have far newer versions installed.did something happen on windows update's side, or is it something on my laptop's side? shall i just wait and see whether these updates disappear agai

:)

necrophyte, Nov 29, 2022

2. windows 10 mcpc drivers outdated

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you download latest drivers from Manufacturer's Website.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand respective driver. (The driver which was stated to be outdated.)
    • Right-click on the driver and
      select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's Website and download the latest driver.
    • Once the download is complete, run the setup file and install the software.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.
    • Restart the computer and check
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 29, 2022
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Mussels Win User

windows update suddenly offering extremely outdated drivers for devices with most recent...

[Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

setting it up on a laptop and having everything work without needing outdated drivers from the manufs website is amazing, and i generally just update graphics driver and wifi driver on top (in which case W10 has been great and gotten the most recent for both, anyway)

Mussels, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

windows update suddenly offering extremely outdated drivers for devices with most recent...

1. windows update suddenly offering extremely outdated drivers for devices with most recent... - Similar Threads - update suddenly offering

2. windows update suddenly offering extremely outdated drivers for devices with most recent...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update suddenly offering extremely outdated drivers for devices with most recent...: a quick check for windows updates today suddenly revealed a huge list of driver updates, of which none are actual updates, but extremely outdated drivers. drivers for intel chipset components from 2017 currently installed ones from 2022, a very old nvidia gpu driver latest...
  3. windows update suddenly offering extremely outdated drivers for devices with most recent...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update suddenly offering extremely outdated drivers for devices with most recent...: a quick check for windows updates today suddenly revealed a huge list of driver updates, of which none are actual updates, but extremely outdated drivers. drivers for intel chipset components from 2017 currently installed ones from 2022, a very old nvidia gpu driver latest...
  4. Windows updating outdated drivers for AMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating outdated drivers for AMD: Every time I update windows, it downloads and installs outdated AMD graphics drivers and I had to uninstall old graphics driver and install the latest one again and this takes like 8 hours of my time every time I had to update windows including updating windows. I even turned...
  5. Windows updating outdated drivers for AMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating outdated drivers for AMD: Every time I update windows, it downloads and installs outdated AMD graphics drivers and I had to uninstall old graphics driver and install the latest one again and this takes like 8 hours of my time every time I had to update windows including updating windows. I even turned...
  6. Windows updating outdated drivers for AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. outdated drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    outdated drivers: I own a USB foot pedal by pedalpax corp, not available anymore for 15 years that I use for capturing images through an old pc for medical purposes. Recently, i upgraded my hardware to Windows 10 and the device is no longer recognizable due to outdated drivers. New ones are no...
  8. Most recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  9. Updated to the most recent windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated to the most recent windows update: I updated to the most recent windows update and I keep on getting the bsod for random reasons each time. I've ran the scannow and verify to make sure there are no bad drivers. I've reinstalled my amd drivers. Nothing is overclocked either. It's exactly the same way it was...
  10. Most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...